PDA

View Full Version : Wahoo, scored some more!

jonahtrainer
12-09-2007, 09:40 PM
A couple days ago I did a sign waving/slim-jimming and got maybe a vote if I was lucky. I was feeling kind of down from my efforts but always keep plugging away.

So, a few months ago I supported Ron Paul on my Facebook and it mailed all my friends. Then my brother-in-law's brother (a FredHead) wrote on my wall why I supported Ron Paul who had 'serious problems.' I answered his questions and a conversation ensued on my Wall. About a month later a good friend of mine, who worked at the Federal Reserve in LA, got to reading the Wall and became a Ron Paul supporter.

So, tonight I was talking with my friend (MBA in Finance) who worked at the Fed who I haven't talked to for about 2 months. We've often talked monetary policy and RP has finally pulled him over to the evils of the Fed and interest rates. He still isn't convinced of the gold standard but we are going to watch Gold Rush 21 (http://www.goldrush21.com) on Wednesday. I highly recommend everyone watch it.

Anyway, he was telling me "This Ron Paul thing is spreading exponentially. I found out from you, told X, Y, Z (named about 15 people he is close to like parents, friends, etc.) and said "They are all going to vote for Ron Paul."

Sometimes we don't see the fruits of our efforts but they are there. This came as a result of a conversation I was having with FredHead. Perhaps someone I handed a slim-jim to will sprout like this. The message and ideas are powerful!

boondoggle
12-09-2007, 09:47 PM
I'll add to this.

My aunt came to my mom's house, we have a ron paul sign there, asked about the Ron Paul signs because apparently, where she lives, they're everywhere. Her words were really, "Who IS Ron Paul?"

Mwa hahaha, she said she'd look him up online. :)

me3
12-09-2007, 09:49 PM
Just make sure they are going to register, vote and donate!

Great job! :D :D :D

d991
12-09-2007, 09:50 PM
A couple days ago I did a sign waving/slim-jimming and got maybe a vote if I was lucky. I was feeling kind of down from my efforts but always keep plugging away.

So, a few months ago I supported Ron Paul on my Facebook and it mailed all my friends. Then my brother-in-law's brother (a FredHead) wrote on my wall why I supported Ron Paul who had 'serious problems.' I answered his questions and a conversation ensued on my Wall. About a month later a good friend of mine, who worked at the Federal Reserve in LA, got to reading the Wall and became a Ron Paul supporter.

So, tonight I was talking with my friend (MBA in Finance) who worked at the Fed who I haven't talked to for about 2 months. We've often talked monetary policy and RP has finally pulled him over to the evils of the Fed and interest rates. He still isn't convinced of the gold standard but we are going to watch Gold Rush 21 (http://www.goldrush21.com) on Wednesday. I highly recommend everyone watch it.

Anyway, he was telling me "This Ron Paul thing is spreading exponentially. I found out from you, told X, Y, Z (named about 15 people he is close to like parents, friends, etc.) and said "They are all going to vote for Ron Paul."

Sometimes we don't see the fruits of our efforts but they are there. This came as a result of a conversation I was having with FredHead. Perhaps someone I handed a slim-jim to will sprout like this. The message and ideas are powerful!

Every advertiser knows that word of mouth is the most effective "selling" method. If someone personally tells you about it then they have someone they trust who's giving them advice. This is why this campaign works, but still needs to get even bigger to push Dr. Paul through the final stages.

torchbearer
12-09-2007, 09:52 PM
we hit 2 christmas parades this weekend in louisiana.. i stumped the whole time walking beside our ron paul float.... i must have reached thousands of people.

torchbearer
12-09-2007, 10:11 PM
//