PDA

View Full Version : Sharpton pontificates (rolleyes!)

tod evans
01-15-2017, 01:11 PM
From Drudge;

Sharpton: 'Thank God we lived in the age of Obama'

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/314405-sharpton-thank-god-we-lived-in-the-age-of-obama

The Rev. Al Sharpton on Sunday praised President Obama and touted his accomplishments while in office.

"I am so proud of President Barack Obama, not just because he was and is my color, but because he was America's kind," Sharpton said on MSNBC's "Politics Nation."

"He helped this country like no president I've seen in my lifetime. We should thank God we lived in the age of Obama."

Sharpton said Americans must be "concerned" about the future of the country when President-elect Donald Trump is inaugurated next week.

He went on to tout Obama's record, including his work on improving the economy and creating ObamaCare.
"Barack Obama, president for eight years, turned around the economy," Sharpton said.

"Took it when it was on the brink and turned around an economy that was bleeding 800,000 jobs a month."

He also cited Obama's work on criminal justice and police reform.

"He did what presidents before him failed to do," Sharpton continued. "He passed a healthcare law that was able to benefit over 20 million Americans. He also dealt with concrete steps around climate change."

On Saturday, Sharpton marched along the National Mall, launching the first of what is expected to be a series of protests leading up to Trump's inauguration.

During the event, Sharpton told Democratic lawmakers to "get some backbone."

"We've come not to appeal to Donald Trump, because he's made it clear what his policies are and what his nominations are," Sharpton said.

"We come to say to the Democrats in the Senate and in the House, and to the moderate Republicans, to get some backbone and get some guts."

timosman
01-15-2017, 01:13 PM
Sharpton's understanding of the economy rivals that of Zippy.

asurfaholic
01-15-2017, 01:40 PM
Would you knock that off. Everyone knows you hate zippy but you don't have to make senseless idiotic posts such as these.

Get a life already.

agitator
01-15-2017, 01:45 PM

:D

timosman
01-15-2017, 01:54 PM
Would you knock that off. Everyone knows you hate zippy but you don't have to make senseless idiotic posts such as these.

Get a life already.

Now Zippy is a defenseless kid. I get it.

juleswin
01-15-2017, 02:29 PM
Wrestling on TV. Did you guys know that Hulk Hogan and Warrior were good friends in real life?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-swH72TA_k

Go to google and search the many pictures of The Donald and Al partying in NY. Btw, didn't Al Sharpton say he was going to leave the country if his good friend Donald won? Wrestling is not real, so is politics especially with these two. Stop buying into the media created drama.

RonZeplin
01-15-2017, 03:27 PM
Obama accomplished a lot less than Bush, and that's a good thing.

http://thehill.com/sites/default/files/styles/thumb_small_article/public/blogs/sharptonalmarch_011417getty.jpg?itok=5YVlgdcC

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/314360-sharpton-leads-civil-rights-protest-ahead-of-inauguration

asurfaholic
01-15-2017, 04:29 PM
Now Zippy is a defenseless kid. I get it.

No, he's a member of the forums, which is pretty much our community. There's no reason to keep disrespecting other members of the community. I know he posts things that a lot of people disagree with, but he's respectful in almost every turn, even while other members here choose to flame him without actually responding to his point. Like it or not, he provides opposing views and supplements them with links and quotes instead of just farting from his fingertips.

But you, on the other hand only have insults and character assassinations towards him, even in threads where he hasn't even posted in- which is the textbook definition of farting from your fingertips.

Frankly I'm sick of your posts and your shitty attitude. I much prefer a civil discussion involving civil people of opposing viewpoints than one with rolling turd balls.

timosman
01-15-2017, 04:33 PM
No, he's a member of the forums, which is pretty much our community. There's no reason to keep disrespecting other members of the community. I know he posts things that a lot of people disagree with, but he's respectful in almost every turn, even while other members here choose to flame him without actually responding to his point. Like it or not, he provides opposing views and supplements them with links and quotes instead of just farting from his fingertips.

But you, on the other hand only have insults and character assassinations towards him, even in threads where he hasn't even posted in- which is the textbook definition of farting from your fingertips.

Frankly I'm sick of your posts and your shitty attitude. I much prefer a civil discussion involving civil people of opposing viewpoints than one with rolling turd balls.

Are you a democrat? He was caught multiple times misstating facts on purpose. :confused:

asurfaholic
01-15-2017, 04:47 PM
Are you a democrat? He was caught multiple times misstating facts on purpose. :confused:

Da fuck.

I don't care what he did. He's not here in this thread. You deal with his statements in the thread that he made them in. Stop shitting all over the forums.