PDA

View Full Version : Obama staffers can’t find work in Trump’s DC: ‘There are no jobs’

timosman
01-13-2017, 12:43 PM
http://www.theblaze.com/news/2017/01/10/obama-staffers-cant-find-work-in-trumps-dc-there-are-no-jobs/

Jan 10, 2017

http://www.theblaze.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/GettyImages-621959056-1280x720.jpg

As outgoing President Barack Obama plans to head off on vacation when he vacates the White House next week, his staffers and appointees are struggling to find work in Washington, D.C.

Following President-elect Donald Trump’s victory and Republicans’ major electoral gains in November, outgoing Obama employees and loyalists to failed Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton have found their job prospects in the District foundering, according to Politico.

“It feels like there are just thousands of us trying to find a job, and there are no jobs,” longtime Clinton aide Mira Patel, who worked for Clinton in her Senate, State Department and 2016 campaign offices, told the outlet.

Following Trump’s surprise victory Nov. 8, Democratic operatives no longer have some 4,000 presidentially appointed jobs for which to apply when the billionaire businessman takes the oath of office Jan. 20.

The Democratic workers who were expecting to see a Clinton White House are reportedly finding the transition especially difficult:

Clinton aides appear to be having a harder time, both emotionally and practically.

“There’s anger, there’s frustration, there’s anxiety, there’s burnout,” said Russ Finkelstein, a managing director at Clearly Next and longtime progressive career guru (including as a founding team member at the lefty jobs board Idealist.org) who has been counseling Clinton alumni.

“People are in shock,” said Anastasia Kessler-Dellaccio, 35, who quit her job at Sister Cities International to run Foreign Policy Professionals for Hillary. Some Clinton campaign workers say they’ve lost their bearings because they’re so rattled by the differences in Trump’s values from those represented by Obama and Clinton.

Kessler-Dellaccio added, “I think people, myself included, are trying to figure out, ‘How do I recalibrate my dreams?’”
But it’s not all bad news. Laslo Bock, Google’s outgoing chief of human resources, has, according to the Wall Street Journal, established a database of résumés to help Obama staffers and Clinton advocates find work after their unexpected yet impending unemployment.

Given the dire situation some outgoing Obama staffers are in: “A lot of us are looking for any fit,” Patel said — the soon-to-be-former president is doing what he can to help his supporters find work in Trump’s Washington.

“The president made it a priority to ensure that, throughout his administration, employees had access to professional development resources and tools to help them advance in their careers and transition to new opportunities,” White House spokeswoman Brandi Hoffine told Politico, describing Obama as “extremely grateful” to those staffers who have stayed with him over the years.

CPUd
01-13-2017, 12:54 PM
https://i.imgur.com/tniYgRY.gif

bunklocoempire
01-13-2017, 02:26 PM
Kessler-Dellaccio added, “I think people, myself included, are trying to figure out, ‘How do I recalibrate my dreams?’”

Whaddaya four years old?

The first thing you'll have to do is to get yourself a good pair of reality calibrators.

Reality calibrators are essential for this dreams stuff.

tod evans
01-13-2017, 02:41 PM
Good!

fisharmor
01-13-2017, 03:00 PM

It's not impossible. Here's a guy who lost his government job and even moved to a different country where he didn't speak the language, and managed to live comfortably another 34 years.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/f/fc/Josef_Mengele.jpg

fisharmor
01-13-2017, 03:02 PM
Correction, two different foreign countries... and he was also living out the leftist dream, in that he became an abortion provider.

Anti Federalist
01-13-2017, 03:09 PM
Clinton aides appear to be having a harder time, both emotionally and practically.

“There’s anger, there’s frustration, there’s anxiety, there’s burnout,” said Russ Finkelstein, a managing director at Clearly Next and longtime progressive career guru (including as a founding team member at the lefty jobs board Idealist.org) who has been counseling Clinton alumni.

“People are in shock,” said Anastasia Kessler-Dellaccio, 35, who quit her job at Sister Cities International to run Foreign Policy Professionals for Hillary. Some Clinton campaign workers say they’ve lost their bearings because they’re so rattled by the differences in Trump’s values from those represented by Obama and Clinton.

But it’s not all bad news. Laslo Bock, Google’s outgoing chief of human resources, has, according to the Wall Street Journal, established a database of résumés to help Obama staffers and Clinton advocates find work after their unexpected yet impending unemployment.

Fuck you people, seriously.

The suburbs around the District of Calamity have become the wealthiest areas in the country, all because of cocksuckers like you, riding fat and high on the hog on extorted money collected at gunpoint from your fellow citizens.

Hope you all end up living in a fucking box, assholes...or even worse, from your perspective, find gainful real employment.

Swordsmyth
01-13-2017, 03:09 PM
Correction, two different foreign countries... and he was also living out the leftist dream, in that he became an abortion provider.

So he makes a perfect role model for the slime in the article.

euphemia
01-13-2017, 03:12 PM
I guess now they know how it feels for the rest of us. Welcome to the real world, crybabies.

If I'm hiring for political positions, I don't hire anyone from that pool. They are tainted by association with the Clintons and Obamas. I don't want to take on all that baggage.

Anti Federalist
01-13-2017, 03:14 PM
Normally I try not to be that shitty when someone is in a bad situation, even government leeches like the ones whining in the OP.

Bad karma, what goes around comes around and so on.

But I have been put out of business by progressive environmental ayatollahs just like the ones in this article (or, if not exactly in that role, fully supportive of those who are) issuing regulatory fatwas from on high, more than once in my lifetime.

Fuck them, hope they end up slinging burgers or making lattes at Crudbucks.

phill4paul
01-13-2017, 03:17 PM
Fuck you people, seriously.

The suburbs around the District of Calamity have become the wealthiest areas in the country, all because of cocksuckers like you, riding fat and high on the hog on extorted money collected at gunpoint from your fellow citizens.

Hope you all end up living in a fucking box, assholes...or even worse, from your perspective, find gainful real employment.

It is my solid hope they end up penniless, shoeless and homeless reaching out for a crumb from a charitable organization as the crumb is yanked away by a cop and then told "This crumb may not be safe. You will have to get your crumbs from a government certified crumb giver."

Swordsmyth
01-13-2017, 03:20 PM
It is my solid hope they end up penniless, shoeless and homeless reaching out for a crumb from a charitable organization as the crumb is yanked away by a cop and then told "This crumb may not be safe. You will have to get your crumbs from a government certified crumb giver."

And then Maybe 1 in 1000 of them will actually learn and join the light-side.

Anti Federalist
01-13-2017, 03:26 PM

I will drink to that.

fisharmor
01-13-2017, 03:27 PM
The suburbs around the District of Calamity have become the wealthiest areas in the country, all because of cocksuckers like you, riding fat and high on the hog on extorted money collected at gunpoint from your fellow citizens..

Yeah but that predates Barry.
The housing boom saw prices go up over 200% of their previous values here, probably close to 300%, and then when they tanked they went down to maybe 110 or 120% of what they were around 2000.
I know people who are just now getting dug out.... but nobody I know got utterly ruined by it.

Point is, Bush's war had as much or more to do with that.

Of course you know me and you know I'll say gladly it's all the same fucking thing.

Swordsmyth
01-13-2017, 03:31 PM
It's not impossible. Here's a guy who lost his government job and even moved to a different country where he didn't speak the language, and managed to live comfortably another 34 years.

[/COLOR]https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/f/fc/Josef_Mengele.jpg

That is Dr. Mengele Right?

Anti Federalist
01-13-2017, 03:44 PM
From the comments at The Blaze:

My2scents on Jan 10, 2017 10:34 pm said:

I truly don’t understand why 4000 intelligent people wouldn’t plan ahead, knowing that their appointments were only for four years? Did they really honestly believe the Democrats would hold the presidency for their entire careers? Did the aids expect to be aids for 12 years? Who does that? Seems there is another entire subculture of lefties that rides the coattails of the successful, hoping to catch a break.

Because detailed planning and linear thought to achieve specific goals is racist, sexist and homophobic: a symbol of white male patriarchy and oppression and must be wiped out.

Dr.3D
01-13-2017, 03:47 PM
They don't need to worry, those college diplomas will see them through to even better jobs. :p

enhanced_deficit
01-13-2017, 03:48 PM
http://www.theblaze.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/GettyImages-621959056-1280x720.jpg

http://www.theblaze.com/news/2017/01/10/obama-staffers-cant-find-work-in-trumps-dc-there-are-no-jobs/

Recognize only one face in this photo and surprised that any neocons/war crimes lobbies have not lined up a cushy job for her as a reward for her Libya & other services?
So sad.

http://susan.politifake.org/image/political/1503/benghazi-bergdahl-based-the-best-information-have-date-what-politics-1427321992.jpg
https://cdn.theatlantic.com/assets/media/old_wire/img/upload/2013/06/05/obama-rice/lead_large.jpg

In a very strange coincidence, many ISIS and Boko Haram staffers are also finding themselves out of work at about same time.

euphemia
01-13-2017, 04:17 PM
They don't need to worry, those college diplomas will see them through to even better jobs. :p

And they jolly well better pay back those student loans.

fisharmor
01-13-2017, 05:32 PM
That is Dr. Mengele Right?

Yeah, and if a guy like him can get a job, the DC snowflakes have it pretty easy.

Anti Federalist
01-13-2017, 07:26 PM

[/COLOR]https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/f/fc/Josef_Mengele.jpg

https://pics.onsizzle.com/piglet-creeps-through-the-ruined-streets-of-berlin-weighing-his-2507802.png