PDA

View Full Version : Austin Petersen to run for U.S. Senate in Missouri?

jct74
01-12-2017, 05:08 PM
Petersen for Senate 2018: Only Principles Matter

Elias J. Atienza
January 12, 2017

There is heavy speculation that Austin Petersen might run for Senate in 2018 against incumbent Claire McCaskill (D-MO) in his home state of Missouri. While he has refused to put anything on the table, saying that he will decide on a run in June, it is interesting to see which party he will choose, if he decides to run at all. It will also be interesting to see how the Libertarian and Republican Parties will react to his decision.

For those who argue that he should run under the Libertarian Party, it is because of a belief that the party is the best tool for spreading liberty. Despite a less than stellar performance in the 2016 election, where expectations went from possibly winning the election to not reaching the goal of five percent, the LP is still doing better than ever.

They got ballot access in almost 40 states, and received more votes than anytime in their history. Registration has increased dramatically and as National Party Chairman Nicholas Sarwark explained in an interview with The Libertarian Republic, the party has over half a million registered voters for the first time in their history.

In addition, it would continue the fight against the two main parties that have control over the Congress if Petersen managed to win a Senate race under the LP. It would break duopolys stranglehold of American politics. The Republican Party has not managed to lower spending, deregulate, or reform government; they have contributed to these problems and a new voice such as Petersen as a member of the Libertarian Party would be welcomed.

Petersen has received support from libertarian figures such as Larry Sharpe, the second place vice presidential candidate in the LP Convention, to stay within the party. He also received pushback from other figures like Adam Kokesh, who ironically ran as a Republican in New Mexico and lost by over 40 percent, and is gearing up for his own presidential run in 2020.

read more:
http://thelibertarianrepublic.com/austin-petersen-for-senate-in-2018-but-which-party/

Matt Collins
01-12-2017, 05:29 PM
This is a joke, right?

If it's not, it will be.

William Tell
01-12-2017, 06:18 PM
The only reason all these guys run for big offices like this is that they want to gamble and lose, or they don't understand politics. If they wanted to make a difference and actually understood politics they would run for a lower office and work their butts off. Then a couple of them they might win.

Actually come to think of it some of them just want publicity, and you don't get much of that in the races where you can win.

Brian4Liberty
01-12-2017, 07:48 PM
In addition, it would continue the fight against the two main parties that have control over the Congress if Petersen managed to win a Senate race under the LP.

99.9% chance that won't happen. If he is serious, he should run GOP, and increase his odds a bit.

CaseyJones
01-12-2017, 08:34 PM
pfft dude wants a MoneyBomb
if he was serious he would run for Rep
better chance of winning

Okie RP fan
01-13-2017, 09:07 PM
Yea, start small. Effect change at the lowest levels first and foremost.
Through that, you can grow a reputation and then head onto the big pond. This may be a big waste of time, resources, and money.

CaseyJones
01-13-2017, 09:10 PM
no shit
he should run for state actually
no one has a fucking clue who he is cause he ran for potus in the LP
shit few know who Johnson is

PowerOfLiberty
01-13-2017, 09:15 PM
The only reason all these guys run for big offices like this is that they want to gamble and lose, or they don't understand politics. If they wanted to make a difference and actually understood politics they would run for a lower office and work their butts off. Then a couple of them they might win.

Actually come to think of it some of them just want publicity, and you don't get much of that in the races where you can win.

They should start small like Rand Paul. Oh wait Rand Paul became a senator with no political experience. ;)

PowerOfLiberty
01-13-2017, 09:18 PM
pfft dude wants a MoneyBomb
if he was serious he would run for Rep
better chance of winning

He is considering running as a Republican. I'm not sure I would help with a moneybomb though. I have a hard time seeing him as a serious candidate.

William Tell
01-14-2017, 12:18 AM
They should start small like Rand Paul. Oh wait Rand Paul became a senator with no political experience. ;)

Hey, I take it back. If they can raise $7,000,000 like Rand Paul did in 2010 then go for it. :D

Matt Collins
01-14-2017, 09:44 AM
Actually he did have a lot of experience... he watched his dad in Congress up close for dozens of years, and helped him get elected. He also had a brand which he inherited after the '08 campaign which allowed him to raise a ton of money which got him media attention which gave him credibility which allowed him run a good campaign and win.

So no, AP is nothing like Rand.

AP should run for his local city council or county commission first.

specsaregood
01-14-2017, 09:57 AM

If you think Randal had no political experience, then you don't know anything about his background. just as a small example, did you know that at 21yrs old Randal stood in for his father and debated Phil Gramm when his father was running for Senator -- Ron was in DC for a vote and couldn't make it. How many 21yr olds could/would stand in and debate an experience politician (and reportedly do well)?

Jan2017
01-14-2017, 04:07 PM
He is considering running as a Republican.

I think it would be a start if we had an "L" in US Congress . . .
maybe first as a Congressman would be more do-able in the right district facing a really wrong Republican.

PowerOfLiberty
01-15-2017, 08:57 PM
I think it would be a start if we had an "L" in US Congress . . .
maybe first as a Congressman would be more do-able in the right district facing a really wrong Republican.

I agree. It would take just the right circumstances to pull it off though. The LP definitely has a better chance to get in the House of Representatives than the Senate.

PowerOfLiberty
01-15-2017, 09:00 PM
If you think Randal had no political experience, then you don't know anything about his background. just as a small example, did you know that at 21yrs old Randal stood in for his father and debated Phil Gramm when his father was running for Senator -- Ron was in DC for a vote and couldn't make it. How many 21yr olds could/would stand in and debate an experience politician (and reportedly do well)?

He definitely had the experience to make his outsider campaign possible.

PowerOfLiberty
01-15-2017, 09:05 PM
AP should run for his local city council or county commission first.

Well, this is the trouble with the LP. They focus on big and unrealistic ambitions instead of making small gains and working up. If AP ran for senate I would wish him the best, but I wouldn't donate any money to his campaign.

PowerOfLiberty
01-15-2017, 09:07 PM
Hey, I take it back. If they can raise $7,000,000 like Rand Paul did in 2010 then go for it. :D

True. I guess AP needs a new daddy.

Matt Collins
01-16-2017, 12:51 AM
AP left the LP for the GOP, right?

And no, the LP likely can't win any partisan seats under normal conditions.

Peace&Freedom
01-16-2017, 07:06 AM
Well, this is the trouble with the LP. They focus on big and unrealistic ambitions instead of making small gains and working up. If AP ran for senate I would wish him the best, but I wouldn't donate any money to his campaign.

Peterson should be running for a MO House seat that is being vacated, that would give him his best chance. Perhaps the Senate announcement is an exploratory trial balloon to first find out where his strength is in the state, then to run there for Rep. If he can win at either level, I do like the idea of a movement person in an elected position near Iowa, as he could later run for President in the Iowa Caucuses as a regional favorite son.

Tywysog Cymru
01-16-2017, 11:29 AM
I like Peterson, but he should really start at a lower level.

Okie RP fan
01-16-2017, 11:54 AM
Can someone contact him and tell him to re-think this?
He needs some sense knocked into him if he wants to be serious and try to change things.

It'll play out the exact same as anywhere else - he won't get the same air time as the R & D; he won't raise as much money; he'll be cast aside as the crazy guy; he'll end up with maybe 5-6% of the vote, most likely less. And the message will have reached the same ears and no one elses.

Start small, build up. Prove your resume.

PowerOfLiberty
01-16-2017, 02:03 PM
Can someone contact him and tell him to re-think this?
He needs some sense knocked into him if he wants to be serious and try to change things.

It'll play out the exact same as anywhere else - he won't get the same air time as the R & D; he won't raise as much money; he'll be cast aside as the crazy guy; he'll end up with maybe 5-6% of the vote, most likely less. And the message will have reached the same ears and no one elses.

Start small, build up. Prove your resume.

Dude, have you been reading? He wants to enter the Missouri Senate Republican primary.

Okie RP fan
01-16-2017, 02:42 PM
Dude, have you been reading? He wants to enter the Missouri Senate Republican primary.

I'm reading bits and pieces here and lots of speculation in this thread. I don't see any hard confirmation that he's running LP or GOP, yet.
I wasn't necessarily thinking it was for US Senate; it's still a high bar to set and achieve even at the state level. I only wants what's best to advance the message of liberty.
From your own fingers just a few days ago:

He is considering running as a Republican. I'm not sure I would help with a moneybomb though. I have a hard time seeing him as a serious candidate.

jllundqu
06-27-2017, 12:11 PM
I follow him on twitter and he says he has 6 days to decide whether or not to run for Senate in 2018..... man he would be a definite PLUS. Can you imagine him in there with Rand and Lee kicking ass??

Can we get some support for him on this site??

jllundqu
06-27-2017, 12:18 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DDOMKOPUIAAbzt8.jpg:large

jllundqu
06-27-2017, 12:22 PM
Not sure if he's running as a republican ala Rand Paul (which would be wise) or as a Libertarian.... he will be trying to unseat Claire McKaskill..... god be with him on his quest and I will freaking donate and so should all of us here. Austin in the US senate would be the biggest thing to happen to the liberty movement since Rand was elected in Kentucky.

Brian4Liberty
06-27-2017, 10:15 PM
https://twitter.com/AP4Liberty/status/879869775362523138

Brian4Liberty
06-27-2017, 10:16 PM
Not sure if he's running as a republican ala Rand Paul (which would be wise) or as a Libertarian.... he will be trying to unseat Claire McKaskill..... god be with him on his quest and I will freaking donate and so should all of us here. Austin in the US senate would be the biggest thing to happen to the liberty movement since Rand was elected in Kentucky.

I get the feeling he will run GOP... ;)

Matt Collins
06-28-2017, 08:40 AM
This will be another joke. Sheesh, seriously, when will these people learn?

Brian4Liberty
06-28-2017, 03:35 PM
This will be another joke. Sheesh, seriously, when will these people learn?

Like Dave Brat running in a Primary against Eric Cantor?

Matt Collins
06-29-2017, 09:31 AM
Like Dave Brat running in a Primary against Eric Cantor?
No because Dave Brat did everything right and Cantor did everything wrong which caused Brat to get lucky. AP doesn't have a clue how to win an election. Not to mention a statewide election is a very different ballgame than a district election.

jllundqu
06-29-2017, 10:43 AM
No because Dave Brat did everything right and Cantor did everything wrong which caused Brat to get lucky. AP doesn't have a clue how to win an election. Not to mention a statewide election is a very different ballgame than a district election.

Oh piss off you blowhard. AP would be WORTHY of our support. Your selfish, ego-driven, 'my way or the highway' horseshit is getting tiresome. This forum needs to support AP just like we did Rand in 2010. This is the FIRST time I have felt the desire to actually spend my time and money on a campaign that could make a real difference in a long god damned time. AP actually inspires and walks the walk.

jllundqu
06-29-2017, 11:12 AM
Bryan ? Can we discuss adding this to the site so we can support him? He's literally Rand Paul 2.0

Edit: Ok he's not Rand 2.0, but he's pretty damn close and I like him

Matt Collins
06-29-2017, 06:09 PM
Oh piss off you blowhard. AP would be WORTHY of our support. Your selfish, ego-driven, 'my way or the highway' horseshit is getting tiresome. This forum needs to support AP just like we did Rand in 2010. This is the FIRST time I have felt the desire to actually spend my time and money on a campaign that could make a real difference in a long god damned time. AP actually inspires and walks the walk.
You obviously have no idea how to get someone elected. Because if you did you wouldn't even remotely be considering supporting AP.

If you want to support a liberty candidate for Senate, try Eric Brakey in Maine. He is in the best position to win. I am still not going to hold my breath, but he does have a lot more going for him than AP, who literally has nothing going for him.

Why don't you take some classes and learn what it takes to win an election so that you can become educated on the subject? :rolleyes:

jllundqu
06-30-2017, 09:03 AM
You obviously have no idea how to get someone elected. Because if you did you wouldn't even remotely be considering supporting AP.

If you want to support a liberty candidate for Senate, try Eric Brakey in Maine. He is in the best position to win. I am still not going to hold my breath, but he does have a lot more going for him than AP, who literally has nothing going for him.

Why don't you take some classes and learn what it takes to win an election so that you can become educated on the subject? :rolleyes:

Why don't you take your 'holier than thou art' self and go play in traffic.

Matt Collins
06-30-2017, 11:07 PM
Fail.

https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/tu-quoque

Occam's Banana
06-30-2017, 11:10 PM

http://i.imgur.com/Kn5k4nc.png

H. E. Panqui
07-02-2017, 10:00 AM
...the stinking republicans deserve the ted cruz-loving petersen...and his stinking 'penny plan,' capping federal spending at 18% of gdp, his insults directed at marijuana users, his OBVIOUS IGNORANCE of our monetary order [typical ludwigger] etc..

...petersen, boob barf, wayne allen root, etc., are great examples of stinking conservative republicans infesting the LP...ugh...

William Tell
07-05-2017, 07:27 AM
Well he's running as a Republican. He's already torpedoed his own campaign in Missouri as far as I'm concerned.

As I’ve said (http://www.breitbart.com/2016-presidential-race/2016/05/11/a-world-where-gay-married-couples-can-defend-their-marijuana-fields/) elsewhere (http://www.nationalreview.com/article/435610/rogers-test), my vision for America is one where gay married couples can defend their marijuana fields with fully automatic machine guns. Technological and social changes notwithstanding, this is ultimately the kind of world that the Founding Fathers envisioned — where all lives matter from conception to death, and where all people are given the opportunity to make the most of their inherent liberties as rational human beings.

Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/opinion/editorials/article159554424.html#storylink=cpy

http://www.kansascity.com/opinion/editorials/article159554424.html

Not to be a Collinz but this is not how you win a conservative seat.

fedupinmo
07-05-2017, 07:56 AM
Well he's running as a Republican. He's already torpedoed his own campaign in Missouri as far as I'm concerned.

Not to be a Collinz but this is not how you win a conservative seat.

Looks like he wants to force us all to accept two left shoes as a pair of shoes, despite our rights to perceive reality as it is. So no.

William Tell
07-05-2017, 07:58 AM
Looks like he wants to force us all to accept two left shoes as a pair of shoes, despite our rights to perceive reality as it is. So no.

And he seems to think the founding fathers did too.

sparebulb
07-05-2017, 08:29 AM
Yea, start small. Effect change at the lowest levels first and foremost.
Through that, you can grow a reputation and then head onto the big pond. This may be a big waste of time, resources, and money.

^^^^THIS ^^^^

He should demonstrate that he is competent as dogcatcher or city council member before he attempts to insure McCaskill's victory.

clint4liberty
07-07-2017, 11:26 AM
Austin Petersen at least has a campaign strategy. The early fundraising numbers and donor numbers are on par to double his entire Presidential run. Running as a Republican opens the possibility of 50% plus voting for him versus less than 10%. The heavy hitters are not running at this juncture. So, let us all move past his growing pains running in his inaugural campaign and give him a chance.

clint4liberty
07-07-2017, 11:34 AM
Austin Petersen US Senate campaign is about organizing. After all, he did listen to Rand Paul's original campaign manager in 2010 yesterday. Got to be willing to travel everywhere in Missouri, meet voters face to face, set up phone banks, canvass door to door, robo calls, and all that is needed for a modern grassroots statewide campaign.

Brian4Liberty
07-07-2017, 11:53 AM
Why I’m running as a Republican for U.S. Senate (http://www.kansascity.com/opinion/editorials/article159554424.html)
By Austin Petersen

Since President Donald Trump’s unexpected victory last November and Republicans’ triumphant return to congressional majority, Washington has returned to business as usual. After running on repeated promises of minimizing government and ending federal micromanagement of American lives, Republicans have shown themselves unable to pass any substantive reforms.

Missourians deserve better than this. They deserve a government that faithfully represents them, not one that favors lobbyists and special interests. They deserve a government that pushes for real reform, not one that accepts milquetoast, watered-down solutions. Above all, they deserve a government that trusts them to manage their own health care, their own religion, their own finances and their own lives.

This is why I’m running to represent Missouri in the United States Senate. I want to give Missourians — and indeed all Americans — the kind of government that is worthy of them. Although I ran for president in 2016 as a Libertarian, I intend to make this run for the Senate as a Republican. I have made this change in large part because after personally reaching out to over 4,000 of my supporters, more than 98 percent of them said that the party of Lincoln was the best fit for my pro-life, pro-liberty, pro-Constitution stands — and more importantly, the best way to bring change to Washington.

I bring a great deal of experience to the table, both inside and outside of the political arena. Outside the political arena, I created and currently run my own business — an online magazine dedicated to promoting the ideas of liberty — and I know too well just how hard the government makes it for ordinary citizens to do this. Inside the political arena, I’ve worked as a producer with one of the nation’s foremost experts on the Constitution, Judge Andrew Napolitano. I’ve helped manage grassroots campaigns and campaigns for public office. And in 2016, I ran for the highest office in our nation, fearlessly challenging establishment opponents for the Libertarian Party’s nomination.

Because of this experience, I offer a kind of commitment and clarity that few other politicians do. I make no bones about expressing my disagreement and fighting for my beliefs. I have critiqued both previous and current administrations, and I refused to endorse the Libertarian Party’s vice presidential candidate, Bill Weld, in 2016, despite massive pressure from party donors.

In a time when both social and mainstream media obscure the truth and obfuscate the facts, our state needs a voice that is unafraid of controversy and unafraid of being honest. What’s right isn’t always what’s popular, and what’s popular isn’t always what’s right. I am ready and willing to be that voice.

Ultimately, I’m running because I have a passion for liberty. Although I’ve spent a good deal of time analyzing the establishment elites in Washington and New York, at the end of the day, I’m a homegrown Missourian, a proud graduate of Missouri State and a longtime resident of Kansas City. I was born in Independence, and I grew up on a horse farm in Peculiar, a short drive from a town called Liberty.

I deeply believe in our core Missouri values of hard work, freedom and individualism. There is no worse insult than to tell people that they’re incapable of caring for themselves, bettering themselves and making their own decisions.

As I’ve said elsewhere, my vision for America is one where gay married couples can defend their marijuana fields with fully automatic machine guns. Technological and social changes notwithstanding, this is ultimately the kind of world that the Founding Fathers envisioned — where all lives matter from conception to death, and where all people are given the opportunity to make the most of their inherent liberties as rational human beings.

If I am elected, I will strive to put Washington in its rightful place — as the protector of our most basic liberties, not our political policeman — and put the people in their rightful place — as the true governors and shapers of their lives and destiny.

Brett85
07-07-2017, 09:30 PM
...the stinking republicans deserve the ted cruz-loving petersen...and his stinking 'penny plan,' capping federal spending at 18% of gdp, his insults directed at marijuana users, his OBVIOUS IGNORANCE of our monetary order [typical ludwigger] etc..

...petersen, boob barf, wayne allen root, etc., are great examples of stinking conservative republicans infesting the LP...ugh...

Yeah, liberal libertarians like Gary Johnson are so much better. :rolleyes:

Brett85
07-07-2017, 09:34 PM
I'm a fan of Peterson. He's certainly a much stronger libertarian than Gary "bake my damn cake" Johnson. As others have said though, perhaps he would have a better chance to get elected to a political office if he started out lower.

Matt Collins
07-07-2017, 10:31 PM
Austin Petersen US Senate campaign is about organizing. After all, he did listen to Rand Paul's original campaign manager in 2010 yesterday. Got to be willing to travel everywhere in Missouri, meet voters face to face, set up phone banks, canvass door to door, robo calls, and all that is needed for a modern grassroots statewide campaign.
None of that really matters if you don't have a narrative or some sort of claim to fame prior to running for office

Brian4Liberty
07-07-2017, 10:45 PM

None of that really matters if you don't have a narrative or some sort of claim to fame prior to running for office

So, if Peterson did "everything right", he wouldn't need a prior claim to fame.

It's a long shot, but I wouldn't throw in the towel just yet...

brandon
07-08-2017, 12:32 AM
Petersen seems half decent from his speeches, but the last thing we need is more narcissistic career politicians and I'm afraid he falls in that camp. Go get a job and prove yourself as a successful leader in the private sector before running for office. Otherwise you just seem like another leech.

If anyone disagrees please tell me what his qualifications are.

brandon
07-08-2017, 12:41 AM

Political experience makes me want to vote against people. I want to vote for people that have proven themselves in the private sector. What has this dude ever accomplished in his life other than having a pretty face and reciting the talking points you agree with?

The Rebel Poet
07-08-2017, 06:44 AM

What are you talking about? He wants to end the Fed.

GunnyFreedom
07-08-2017, 07:51 AM
I follow him on twitter and he says he has 6 days to decide whether or not to run for Senate in 2018..... man he would be a definite PLUS. Can you imagine him in there with Rand and Lee kicking ass??

Can we get some support for him on this site??

Not from me. An actual liberty candidate is running in that race.

Matt Collins
07-08-2017, 09:24 AM
So, if Peterson did "everything right", he wouldn't need a prior claim to fame.

It's a long shot, but I wouldn't throw in the towel just yet...He could "get lucky" but that is like playing the lottery. Not to mention that I guarantee you that Mitch is not going to let the NRSC sit silently and just allow another Rand/Cruz/Lee ally to get elected. They are actively recruiting, or already have a candidate who has a good narrative and who can raise millions of dollars. Now this of course assumes that McCaskill is vulnerable, she may not be. And if that's the case then the NRSC isn't going to lift a finger, with the possible exception being that they will want to keep the GOP nominee from embarrassing the GOP so they may play in the primary even if they know the incumbent isn't going to lose.

But campaign school 101 is that you have to be well known for doing something prior to running. Especially if you are running for a large seat. There are very rare exceptions (Bentvolio, Brat, etc) but that is not the situation here.

Matt Collins
07-08-2017, 09:26 AM
Petersen seems half decent from his speeches, but the last thing we need is more narcissistic career politicians and I'm afraid he falls in that camp. Go get a job and prove yourself as a successful leader in the private sector before running for office. Otherwise you just seem like another leech.

If anyone disagrees please tell me what his qualifications are.
Yeah and that is the downside. I mean I would vote for him, but yeah his ego is massive. He has no credibility or name recognition or narrative and the question becomes "why should I know who this guy is?" to the average Republican primary voter.

Again, he should be running for smaller office and build up some history or something.

The Rebel Poet
07-08-2017, 10:01 AM

Who?

Brett85
07-08-2017, 05:55 PM
Who?

He's probably talking about Paul Curtman, a state lawmaker from Missouri.

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/govt-and-politics/gop-state-lawmaker-planning-bid-for-mccaskill-seat/article_e5c11d10-46a1-5074-adae-a9b70d2f0df4.html?utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook&utm_campaign=user-share

GunnyFreedom
07-09-2017, 08:16 AM
Who?

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/govt-and-politics/gop-state-lawmaker-planning-bid-for-mccaskill-seat/article_e5c11d10-46a1-5074-adae-a9b70d2f0df4.html?utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook&utm_campaign=user-share

Yes! Paul Curtman is an ACTUAL Ron Pauler. Peterson probably stuck his thumb in to stop actual liberty from succeeding.

The Rebel Poet
07-09-2017, 10:08 AM
Yes! Paul Curtman is an ACTUAL Ron Pauler. Peterson probably stuck his thumb in to stop actual liberty from succeeding.

Thanks.

Btw, there seems to be some sort of back story with Petersen. Tons of people here hate him and I don't know why. What did he do?

GunnyFreedom
07-10-2017, 02:52 AM
Thanks.

Btw, there seems to be some sort of back story with Petersen. Tons of people here hate him and I don't know why. What did he do?

Hated on Ron Paul, hates the NAP, embarasses the entire liberty movement any time he opens his pie-hole.

jurgs01
07-10-2017, 05:24 AM
John Brunner is considering a run for this seat. He would be better than Peterson, although Peterson would be better than 95% of the other Senators.

The Rebel Poet
07-10-2017, 07:24 AM
Hated on Ron Paul, hates the NAP, embarasses the entire liberty movement any time he opens his pie-hole.
Holy shit you right! I just googled Austin Petersen Ron Paul (https://www.google.com/search?q=austin+petersen+ron+paul) and found some bazaar and viscous quotes.

angelatc
07-10-2017, 07:25 AM
John Brunner is considering a run for this seat. He would be better than Peterson, although Peterson would be better than 95% of the other Senators.

I would be in Peterson's camp because he's a pretty pure Libertarian even if he isn't a great Republican candidate. He's a fountain of talking points.

H. E. Panqui
07-10-2017, 08:11 AM
What are you talking about? He wants to end the Fed.

:cool:

...i've listened to him enough to know he is a monetary ignoramus as are many people who mindlessly chant 'end the fed' :o...i want to hear ANY politician (including gary johnson with whom brett 85 ignorantly smeared me!) exhibit the basic understandings (see quote examples from knowledgeable people below) of our HIDEOUS CURRENT AND PAST monetary order before i hear them express their opinions about the FUTURE...peterson appears to me as a TYPICAL republicrat monetary ignoramus...i don't 'hate' him, but i certainly couldn't support, or even listen to, some yapping politician working their hot-dog hole about zillion dollar political issues when said politician is apparently WORSE THAN clueless as to the hideous origin, nature, etc. of even one dollar!..

...although i could be wrong...please paste his best/most important thinking as to 'our' stinking monetary order if you think he's so great...

...now this is what i want to hear from politicians:

I have never yet had anyone who could, through the use of logic and reason, justify the Federal Government borrowing the use of its own money... I believe the time will come when people will demand that this be changed. I believe the time will come in this country when they will actually blame you and me and everyone else connected with the Congress for sitting idly by and permitting such an idiotic system to continue. (attributed to Congressman Wright Patman)

"Once a nation parts with the control of its currency and credit, it matters not who makes the nations laws. Usury, once in control, will wreck any nation. Until the control of the issue of currency and credit is restored to government and recognised as its most sacred responsibility, all talk of the sovereignty of parliament and of democracy is idle and futile." (attributed to William Lyon Mackenzie King)

EBounding
07-10-2017, 08:58 AM
This guy should run for City Council of a moderately sized Missouri town instead.

William Tell
07-10-2017, 10:02 AM
Holy $#@! you right! I just googled Austin Petersen Ron Paul (https://www.google.com/search?q=austin+petersen+ron+paul) and found some bazaar and viscous quotes.

Yeah, I remember when that went down.....

William Tell
07-10-2017, 10:06 AM
John Brunner is considering a run for this seat. He would be better than Peterson, although Peterson would be better than 95% of the other Senators. Awesome. Brunner is the best in MO IMO.
:p

Petersen is really the definition of an attention whore, hate to say it. Brunner has put millions of $ where his mouth is and seems sincere. I hope Brunner raises funds instead of just self funding. Self funding is admirable but a stupid strategy when you can hire a good fundraiser. That's one thing I've learned from politics that a lot in the movement don't get yet. Run of the mill conservative donors are open to giving to liberty candidates.

Brian4Liberty
07-10-2017, 10:17 AM

Holy shit you right! I just googled Austin Petersen Ron Paul (https://www.google.com/search?q=austin+petersen+ron+paul) and found some bazaar and viscous quotes.

So Peterson is on the neoconservative foreign policy train?

The thing is that I worry sometimes that libertarians when they say, when they make these sorts of jokes about foreign policy, “oh, they hated us for our freedoms, ha, ha” it betrays a lack of full understanding of the true nature of what we are against. Now, just because I am a non-interventionist libertarian, it doesn’t mean that I don’t believe that there are threats around the world. And it also means that I think that we should acknowledge those threats, Russia being one of those primary threats.
http://www.ronpaulinstitute.org/archives/featured-articles/2014/july/25/hard-core-libertarian-austin-petersens-advice-for-soviet-ron-paul/

William Tell
07-10-2017, 10:23 AM
So Peterson is on the neoconservative foreign policy train?

His Russia fear mongering didn't age well lololol. I think Austin made the point, and it's not entirely a bad one that we should appeal to the base and that's something he thought Ron failed at. Petersen's problem now is Russia fear mongering is now a Democrat thing and plays 10 times worse in the GOP than non-interventionism does. In other words.... RP 1, AP 0

https://s17-us2.ixquick.com/cgi-bin/serveimage?url=http:%2F%2Fi0.kym-cdn.com%2Fphotos%2Fimages%2Ffacebook%2F000%2F232%2 F633%2F205.jpg&sp=f32d6aa91a69cfab30caef5b33841706

sparebulb
07-10-2017, 10:30 AM
Awesome. Brunner is the best in MO IMO.
:p

Petersen is really the definition of an attention whore, hate to say it. Brunner has put millions of $ where his mouth is and seems sincere. I hope Brunner raises funds instead of just self funding. Self funding is admirable but a stupid strategy when you can hire a good fundraiser. That's one thing I've learned from politics that a lot in the movement don't get yet. Run of the mill conservative donors are open to giving to liberty candidates.

^^^^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Brunner is the best choice.

McCaskill is the trickiest snake I've ever seen in politics. She will be hard to beat.

William Tell
07-10-2017, 10:37 AM

McCaskill is the trickiest snake I've ever seen in politics. She will be hard to beat.
I just saw Curtman is running. Great guy. WTH is it with these races where every liberty/semi liberty dude in the state and all their grandmother run against each other and the establishment? I'm tired of campaigns, its time to win some dang seats! I know Brunner can run a statewide campaign don't know if Curtman has enough connections to raise the money or not. Hope somebody good wins.

jurgs01
07-14-2017, 05:39 AM
I just saw Curtman is running. Great guy. WTH is it with these races where every liberty/semi liberty dude in the state and all their grandmother run against each other and the establishment? I'm tired of campaigns, its time to win some dang seats! I know Brunner can run a statewide campaign don't know if Curtman has enough connections to raise the money or not. Hope somebody good wins.

Yea, I have been following Curtman for a while. It looks like thee VPOTUS is pushing for some RINO AG to run, so hopefully the liberty votes don't propel the establishment guy to a win here.

fedupinmo
07-14-2017, 08:27 AM

We need billboards:

http://assets.nydailynews.com/polopoly_fs/1.1375658.1371568289!/img/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/article_750/hillary19n-4-web.jpg

Matt Collins
07-14-2017, 10:13 AM
We need billboards:

Signage doesn't win votes.

If that were a direct mail piece, then yes, that would do a lot of damage

The Rebel Poet
07-29-2017, 07:34 PM
http://thelibertarianrepublic.com/ron-paul-hate-america (http://thelibertarianrepublic.com/ron-paul-hate-america/#axzz38U1ek73y)
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DF8WAbyUMAA6Yb3.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DF711fQUIAAWpuM.jpg

Brian4Liberty
07-29-2017, 11:03 PM
I can forgive a pic with that guy that made Sling Blade, but a pic with the the devil's apprentice? That's a disqualifier.

Origanalist
07-29-2017, 11:04 PM
I can forgive a pic with that guy that made Swingblade, but a pic with the the devil's apprentice? That's a disqualifier.

And he posted it himself on tweeter.

Brian4Liberty
07-30-2017, 04:39 PM

At this point, I'm leaning towards Gunny's recommendation of Paul Curtman, at least in the Primary.

Valli6
09-29-2017, 10:24 AM
Ron Paul's Campaign for Liberty has raffled off AR-15s in the past.
And I see that Petersen featured a photo of himself with Ron Paul in a tweet. https://twitter.com/AP4Liberty/status/911962140118077440/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.breitbart.com%2Fbig-government%2F2017%2F09%2F29%2Fgop-senate-candidate-ar-15-give-away%2F

from breitbart:

GOP Senate Candidate ‘Blocked’ from Facebook After Posting AR-15 Giveaway
by AWR HAWKINS29 Sep 2017

Republican U.S. Senate candidate Austin Petersen says he was “blocked” from using Facebook after he posted a video announcing an AR-15 giveaway.
He says he learned of the block via a notification informing him he had “posted something that violates Facebook’s policies.”

On September 28 Petersen published an open letter to Mark Zuckerberg, which said in part:

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/09/29/gop-senate-candidate-ar-15-give-away

Peterson's letter to Mark Zuckerberg:
https://www.austinpetersen.com/open_letter_to_facebook?utm_campaign=send_9282017f b&utm_medium=email&utm_source=austinpetersen

Dear Mr. Zuckerberg,

My name is Austin Petersen, and I am a Republican running to represent the people of Missouri in the United States Senate. I am also a longtime Facebook user and an avid believer in Facebook’s mission: to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. First, let me say that I fully respect the right of Facebook as a company to do as it pleases, and set terms of service that users must abide by. As a US senator, I would never call for legislation to interfere with your ability to run your company, or set guidelines on user’s behavior.

In my campaign for the United States Senate, I have made Facebook a centerpiece of my outreach efforts. I have used both my Personal Profile and my Official Page to connect with friends, family, and supporters, and to share and express our views about the future of the country.

That’s why, on September 22, I was so shocked to receive a notification from Facebook informing me that I had been “blocked” from using Facebook for thirty days because I “recently posted something that violates Facebook’s policies.” Believing this to be a mistake, my campaign reached out to Facebook for more information. Today — six days later — I still have not received an explanation, and the block remains in effect.

At the same time the block was affected, a Facebook Live video I had posted to my Official Page promoting my campaign’s AR-15 giveaway was removed. A few days later, a Status Update posted to my Profile referencing the same giveaway was also removed. I’m confident that such giveaways are consistent with Facebook’s policies — several posts promoting the giveaway, including paid “Dark Posts,” remain visible on our page — so it’s unclear to me why such content would warrant an immediate takedown and thirty-day ban.

It’s difficult to ignore that this action comes during a period of heightened tension regarding Facebook’s role in our elections, and its perceived bias against conservative voices. Moreover, the fact that your Chief Operating Officer — Sheryl Sandberg — has “leaned into” my election by donating the maximum allowable amount to my opponent does not inspire confidence in Facebook’s neutrality.

I’ve been following with interest your recent statements defending Facebook as an unbiased platform “for all ideas.” I hope that’s really true. However, blocking a candidate for the United States Senate for exercising support of the Second Amendment — especially when that candidate is challenging an incumbent favored by members of your board — is cause for concern and worthy of a larger conversation and a public explanation. I hope that you, or Ms. Sandberg, are able to offer one that assuages my concerns and the concerns of the larger conservative community.

As I said, I am a longtime Facebook user and a believer in your company’s mission. Facebook’s success is a testament to the American ideal of free enterprise, and you should be proud of the business you’ve built. But if Facebook cannot truly be an unbiased, open platform that respects people with conservative views of the Constitution, that raises serious questions that must be addressed.

Thank you for taking time to hear my concerns. I look forward to having the opportunity to speak with you further.

Sincerely,

Austin Petersen
Republican for U.S. Senate, Missouri

P.S. — If you’re reading this letter and share my concerns about bias and censorship at Facebook, please sign and share our petition. Let’s urge Facebook to follow through on their promise to maintain a platform open to all ideas.

https://www.austinpetersen.com/open_letter_to_facebook?utm_campaign=send_9282017f b&utm_medium=email&utm_source=austinpetersen

FOX news covering this also:
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/09/28/republican-senate-candidate-in-missouri-says-facebook-banned-him-over-ar-15-giveaway.html

sparebulb
09-29-2017, 10:31 AM
Wow, great SWLOD, Austin.

Please cc a copy to your friends Car-vile and Bill Trotsky.

Brian4Liberty
09-29-2017, 10:34 AM
Ron Paul's Campaign for Liberty has raffled off AR-15s in the past.
And I see that Petersen featured a photo of himself with Ron Paul in a tweet. https://twitter.com/AP4Liberty/status/911962140118077440/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.breitbart.com%2Fbig-government%2F2017%2F09%2F29%2Fgop-senate-candidate-ar-15-give-away%2F

from breitbart:

Peterson's letter to Mark Zuckerberg:

FOX news covering this also:
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/09/28/republican-senate-candidate-in-missouri-says-facebook-banned-him-over-ar-15-giveaway.html

The major social media companies have revealed themselves to be leftist propaganda outlets. Perhaps it's time for right-oriented competition.

Identity
10-02-2017, 06:06 PM
I'll back him purely due to an anti-establishment premise, assuming he's the most viable anti-establishment guy in the race.

sparebulb
10-02-2017, 06:35 PM
I'll back him purely due to an anti-establishment premise, assuming he's the most viable anti-establishment guy in the race.

I would say that he is just as much of an anti-establishment candidate as the all-time champion of smaller government and non-nation-building: George W. Bush.

jurgs01
11-13-2017, 04:52 AM
Paul Curtman now running for State Auditor. Good choice.