PDA

View Full Version : The worst US president of 21st century

timosman
01-09-2017, 09:21 AM
Make your pick.

Zippyjuan
01-09-2017, 11:34 AM
Gotta go with Bush. Started the entire Middle East mess with his wars in Afghanistan and Iraq. That lit the fires we still see burning today. Also took a balanced budget and ran it up to $1 trillion deficits in his term to pay for those (and the recession). He also brought the Patriot Act.

surf
01-09-2017, 01:13 PM
war. can't say more war, but it ramped up while our civil liberties took a hit. under both. I voted for the guy that had dick running the show.

oyarde
01-09-2017, 01:50 PM
You guys must be full of it if you think in 80 years to come there will not be worse. It is the americans that vote for them . Those bright , vibrant , freedom loving 'mericans . Same ones that cast millions of votes for LBJ , Gore , Kerry , H Clinton etc

Christian Liberty
01-09-2017, 01:52 PM
Technically Bill Clinton is an option too LOL!

enhanced_deficit
01-09-2017, 02:11 PM
Tend to agree with Nader on this.

Nader: Obama's a 'war criminal' - POLITICO
Sep 25, 2012 - It's no surprise that Ralph Nader isn't a fan of former President ... On issues related to the military and foreign policy, Obama's worse than Bush.

Related
James Woods on Obama: He’s the ‘gift from hell’ (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?428515-James-Woods-on-Obama-He%92s-the-%91gift-from-hell%92&p=5237854&viewfull=1#post5237854)

Influenza
01-09-2017, 02:47 PM
I'd have to say that Bush is overall worse than Obama significantly. Obama is horrible but I think Bush really set the bar so far low it's hard to go much lower. Bush outright invaded two countries, was in office during the subprime mortgage crisis, passed the bank bailouts, Patriot act, NSA spying, etc.

Obama continued all these sick policies but I can't say that the successor is worse than the guy who created this horrible situation.
Obama at least seems to have a couple genuine achievements like with Cuba and the Iran deal wasn't horrible on paper, but he did manage to fuck it up by passing a new round of sanctions.

Either way, trump will have a hard time being as bad as Bush, but I definitely expect him to come close to matching Obama.

timosman
01-09-2017, 02:52 PM
Just to set the stage - nobody had high hopes for Bush, Obama on the other hand turned out to be quite a con.

Influenza
01-09-2017, 03:06 PM
Just to set the stage - nobody had high hopes for Bush, Obama on the other hand turned out to be quite a con.

I was too young to know much about the expectations of Bush's presidency, but I thought he supposedly campaigned on a modest foreign policy. That all went out the window pretty quickly. So judging Bush by his original word, he was obviously a big disappointment too.

enhanced_deficit
01-09-2017, 03:13 PM

If he returns his Peace Prize before Jan 20th, that would help lower his rank among con artists in history.
USA DROPPED 26,171 BOMBS IN 2016... (http://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/nation-world/national/article124842824.html)

http://hw.infowars.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/obama-2nd-nobel.jpg

Many WH occupants have been without full authority but he has been one of the worst political slaves of neocons.
Had he been in the WH at the time of 9/11, he would have been Bush on steroids considering his war policies track record years later and after winning Peace prizes.

Even childrens rights champion firster lady appears more warm towards SWC Bush than DGP:

http://thepeoplescube.com/images/various_uploads/Bush_Michelle_Obama_Bliss.jpg
http://images.csmonitor.com/csm/2013/12/1210-Obama-Denmark-Mandela.jpg?alias=standard_600x400

timosman
01-09-2017, 03:34 PM
http://shepherdspiehole.typepad.com/.a/6a0167621b7ded970b01901ea12f7a970b-pi

presence
01-09-2017, 03:40 PM
http://i.imgur.com/avHnbUZ.gif

RJB
01-09-2017, 05:05 PM
Different puppets, same controllers.

oyarde
01-09-2017, 06:34 PM
Gotta go with Bush. Started the entire Middle East mess with his wars in Afghanistan and Iraq. That lit the fires we still see burning today. Also took a balanced budget and ran it up to $1 trillion deficits in his term to pay for those (and the recession). He also brought the Patriot Act.

Yeah , but he did not get a Peace Prize , assassinate the Libyan Leader or fine people for not being able to afford ins etc , I do not see how Obummer could be considered any better than George on deficit spending .

newbitech
01-09-2017, 06:36 PM
yet to be named. Never say "what can be worse than this", learned that lesson on more than one occasion, sadly.

surf
01-10-2017, 12:47 PM
You guys must be full of it if you think in 80 years to come there will not be worse. It is the americans that vote for them . Those bright , vibrant , freedom loving 'mericans . Same ones that cast millions of votes for LBJ , Gore , Kerry , H Clinton etc
point being....?

helmuth_hubener
01-10-2017, 12:55 PM
point being....?

He is interpreting the last option as "someone, one of them, in the next 83 years will be worse," rather than "Trump." Which is the more sound interpretation.

And stating that obviously that option should be winning.

oyarde
01-10-2017, 02:39 PM
He is interpreting the last option as "someone, one of them, in the next 83 years will be worse," rather than "Trump." Which is the more sound interpretation.

And stating that obviously that option should be winning.

Correct.

Aratus
03-30-2018, 03:34 PM
D.J TRUMP = WORST POTUS EVER

Worst 21st Century POTUS is a subset.

Jan2017
03-30-2018, 04:03 PM
What a cleverly worded poll . . . lol

Did Hillary win ? It WAS her turn. The glass ceiling has to break sometime.

She has foreign policy experience - especially in Libya.

Oh, what ? . . . nvm

If Trump gets assassinated (even odds in Vegas)- then President Pence moves into the lead effective immediately.

So, yeah I vote President PenceQuayle when the time comes - later better than sooner.

Aratus
03-30-2018, 04:11 PM
PRESIDENT PENCE between say July of 2019 and January of 2021
could be worse as a POTUS than DJT is now. Paul Ryan, if somehow
in the Oval Office over that same time span, has high odds of being
better or worse than PRESIDENT PENCE. Again, a 67 to 33 or 68 to 32
vote that goes against TRUMP in the next Senate Trial suggests this all.

Aratus
03-30-2018, 04:15 PM
If the Democrats neatly do Impeach & Convict DJT, will they then jump
Mike Pence on similar but lesser charges, thusly elevating PAUL RYAN, who
is such a total blank slate at this moment as to what he may do in time!?!!

Aratus
03-30-2018, 04:20 PM
If a Democrat Congress emerges, the Blue Wave being FDR level this fall,
if a Democrat Congress can Impeach & Convict Misters D.Trump, M.Pence
and P.Ryan, will they hold back at all from setting in motion a sequence of
events like this, in order to have a well heeled, well tooled "rubber stamp"
not in the image or druthers of centrist, contrary & churlish Andy Johnson?

Aratus
03-30-2018, 04:22 PM
I see how we have a time line sequence getting worse by degrees as
15 to 20 of the lesser 100 worst case scenarios play out after 2020...

Jan2017
03-30-2018, 05:00 PM
Technically Bill Clinton is an option too LOL!
You are correct sir !
Defandant William Jefferson Clinton, 42nd President of these United States and who "served" the USA over millenium celebrations
and for a crucial portion of the 21st Century.

btw, stealing typewriter keys at the WH on the day before inauguration - all alleged felonies of the Clinton crime syndicate to be put before a jury by the US Constitution . . . ok Happy Easter - Clintins are toast.

Raginfridus
03-30-2018, 05:45 PM
Why the fuck not? What else is there to talk about?

Anti Globalist
03-30-2018, 06:10 PM
Every president from here on out is going to be worst than the last.

DamianTV
03-30-2018, 06:18 PM
Woodrow Wilson.

"I am a most unhappy man. I have unwittingly ruined my country. A great industrial nation is controlled by its system of credit. Our system of credit is concentrated. The growth of the nation, therefore, and all our activities are in the hands of a few men. We have come to be one of the worst ruled, one of the most completely controlled and dominated Governments in the civilized world — no longer a Government by free opinion, no longer a Government by conviction and the vote of the majority, but a Government by the opinion and duress of a small group of dominant men."

Now watch Zippy try to come along and state that he never said this, and protect the existence of the Central Banks.

Every president after him that refused to value the people over money printers is equally as bad. Thus, Kennedy was probably the least worst president because he at least acknowledged the Secret Societies.