PDA

View Full Version : Its 2017 Facebook Friends/Leftists Still Crying Over Hillary/Obama.

AngryCanadian
01-09-2017, 05:06 AM
Yup still crying.

Lord knows I wish some kind of way we can overturn this election and give Obama a third term

Hate to see him leave. A great president. It will be more clear in the years to come. Not perfect by far. But nine of us are perfect. But a very good president. Good luck in your next adventure. Love you President Barack Hussein Obama.
:rolleyes:

I will unfollow anyone who asks about the 2016 election or supports trump let this be a warning.

I have completely avoided politics on my social media.

Obama failed in Libya, wanted to pass TPP and people should thankful Hillary didn't win. Liberals truly live in a la la fantasy land.

CaptUSA
01-09-2017, 07:31 AM
More Team Blue vs. Team Red BS.

It's 2017 and lots of people on the right are still crying about Obama.

Here in reality, government still grows. I don't care which figurehead is leading it or whose cheerleaders are happier.

helmuth_hubener
01-09-2017, 09:33 AM
More Team Blue vs. Team Red BS.
... I don't care

Left and Right truly are different. That we are different from both does not negate the fact that they are different from each other.

CaptUSA
01-09-2017, 09:53 AM
Left and Right truly are different. That we are different from both does not negate the fact that they are different from each other.

Yes, you are right.
The left talk about preserving individual liberties and ending wars. Then get elected and do the opposite.
The right talk about preserving economic liberty and reducing spending. Then get elected and do the opposite.

I'd really like someone to show me how the results are different. The rhetoric is just to encourage fundraising from their cheerleaders.

UWDude
01-09-2017, 10:53 AM

Yes, you are right.
The left talk about preserving individual liberties and ending wars. Then get elected and do the opposite.
The right talk about preserving economic liberty and reducing spending. Then get elected and do the opposite.

I'd really like someone to show me how the results are different. The rhetoric is just to encourage fundraising from their cheerleaders.

If there are no new wars under Trump, I will consider his presidency a success. It is a low bar, but it will have been better than the past 30 years.

helmuth_hubener
01-09-2017, 10:55 AM
:rolleyes: Come on, now.

Yes, you are right.

I'd really like someone to show me how the results are different. The rhetoric is just to encourage fundraising from their cheerleaders. You are talking about a lot -- a huge number -- of things, all at once. It's a complex situation. Here is how I would break it down:

• There are people, regular people. Millions of them in these united States. Some have a left temperament, some have a right (due to upbringing, genetics, and their own choice). Some have left-type political opinions, some have right-type. Usually, these (temperament and politics) line up.
• And then, on the other hand, there are politicians. This is a "special" class of people. The temperaments, desires, priorities, and actions of these people are very, very different from, not really in line at all with, those of the regular people. The makeup of the body of politicians is affected by the opinions of the regular people somewhat (They are drawn, after all, from the same population. Kind of.). But they are much, much more likely to be corrupt and evil than a regular person. And if the national temperament average is a 50 on the left right scale, the politicians are going to be about 20 clicks to the left of that.
• There are many unfortunate anti-liberty features built in to the logic of the system of our government. This makes it almost impossible for anything good to happen, and almost inevitable for bad things to constantly happen. Whichever party is in charge.
• As you can see, the outcome of our political system is almost independent of which politicians are elected or appointed to staff it. And furthermore, the makeup of the politicians is very different and distinct from that of the normal people they ostensibly (in fairy land) represent. So the regular people are at least two steps away from any kind of control over the government. It's out of control. Like the economy under laissez-faire, "it runs by itself," but in a malignant way. That, as you say, the results are never any different, never any good, should come as absolutely no surprise. I am not going to have a heart attack and die from that surprise. And I hope you will not, either.

• Back to the regular people. The people on the right are the ones with the most affinity for individualism and lack of government. They are the most comfortable with it. They thus tend to prize liberty far more than the left. It's more of a value for them. It comes, for many of them, above values like empathy, caring, fairness, kindness, and gentleness, which is not so for the left. Regular people on the left highly prize caring and kindness; those tend to be the pinnacle values on their morality scales.
• Liberty is not the pinnacle value on anyone's value scale except libertarians (and many times not on their, either), not right nor left.
• Both dominant temperaments, right and left, have problems from our perspective. The right is far too authoritarian for our taste. But overall, the right has more going for it, I believe. Not only do they tend to value Liberty far more, the other things they value such as unmerciful, absolute justice and free (dog-eat-dog!) competition, are complementary to high-liberty-society. And the things they don't value as much -- empathy, caring, gentleness, (gushy emotionalism) -- are somewhat detrimental and can undermine a society's liberty.

misterx
01-18-2017, 12:04 AM

Yes, you are right.

Left and Right are different, but most Republicans are leftists. The GOP was taken over by liberals a long time ago.

MallsRGood
01-18-2017, 12:38 AM
Yup still crying.

I have completely avoided politics on my social media.

Obama failed in Libya, wanted to pass TPP and people should thankful Hillary didn't win. Liberals truly live in a la la fantasy land.

A. You're Canadian, so shut up.

B. Trump endorsed the Libya War, wholeheartedly.

Jimmy, roll the video-tape...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTqoz0RYvVM

C. You're Canadian, so shut up.