PDA

View Full Version : Website idea - comments? takers?

slantedview
12-09-2007, 09:07 PM
I had an idea for a website, which sprung out of the events of the last few days.

Lately the whole "blackout" thing where the media pretends that Ron Paul doesn't even exist, leaving him out of Presidential race coverage, leaving him out of poll standings, well it's all getting way out of control. So, my idea for a website is to collect all instances where this BS happens and showcase them for the world to see. Having all of this exclusionary information concentrated in one place could be an eye opener for many, and it also might serve to place pressure on MSM outlets to cut this crap out. The idea for the site would be to expose the shameful exclusionary BS that is going on, and make it easy for site visitors to see what is happening.

Anyways, I'm looking for any comments about this idea, and also any input into how such a site might work. I figure that most of this information would have to come from tips such as "X news anchor on Y show on Fox News just left Ron Paul out of some Iowa poll where he is currently in the top 5", etc. Links to youtube videos or specific time/date/detailed information for when the "violation" took place would be good to have.

A possible name for such a site could be "shamefulreporting.com". Anyways, share your thoughts.

Matthew Zak
12-09-2007, 09:14 PM
I think it's a great idea. I've just begun collecting videos of such bullshittery. If you need a start:

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=43C8B03242926404

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3Y8q6O50iI&feature=PlayList&p=7B92F971F70E3718&index=0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whptaVhCtWc&feature=PlayList&p=7B92F971F70E3718&index=2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSYiUAaBd1U&feature=PlayList&p=7B92F971F70E3718&index=3

slantedview
12-09-2007, 09:17 PM
thanks for your collection. any idea how this stuff could be organized or presented? i was thinking i could at least group it by network, maybe by show.

ronpaulblogsdotcom
12-09-2007, 09:20 PM
If you use a blog you can drop the posts into categories. Make categories like ABC FOX CNN Newspapers polls etc. Then poeple can click a category and see all the instances of that.

I agree it is out of control. I have blogged about it but was hoping to avoid these types of talks and focus on the issues.

Delain
12-09-2007, 09:26 PM
Excellent idea!

A few days ago I read an article with sort of an analysis of some of the more subtle bias (cant remember where though) Stuff like that and all the examples together on one site would be great.

You can put a submit form or something up there where people can send in new cases they come across.

boondoggle
12-09-2007, 09:33 PM
Great, great idea. I wish we thought of it earlier. That'd be cool to have linked post-tea party on the tea party website. It'd get a bunch of attention, wake a lot up, too.

Delain
12-09-2007, 10:00 PM
If you use a blog you can drop the posts into categories. Make categories like ABC FOX CNN Newspapers polls etc. Then poeple can click a category and see all the instances of that.

You could first split it up between different sorts of media as newspapers, magazines, television, radio etc. and then make further subcategories for stations and publishers.

If you use tags readers can easily make their own selection. For instance "polls" - when you click it you get all the posts about polls, no matter if they are categorized in TV or newspapers.

I agree it is out of control. I have blogged about it but was hoping to avoid these types of talks and focus on the issues.

Its good to document these things and it could be a great tool.

slantedview
12-09-2007, 10:01 PM

yeah, that's all i can think of so far, but i'd be open to any fancier ideas.

theantirobot
12-09-2007, 10:19 PM
We should create a central library cataloging the campaign. I have one devised, but I need money to have it built. I have videos about it on my youtube channel.

It's a cross between a forum and a social news site. It provides means of cataloging information as it happens, and as it relates to things that have already happened, and the current public discourse. It provides a way for a crowd to engage in ongoing conversations with an individual, or another crowd.

It also provides a mechanism for putting new information in context. There are more people making youtube videos everyday. This enables them to connect their commentary to actual events.

slantedview
12-09-2007, 10:23 PM
We should create a central library cataloging the campaign. I have one devised, but I need money to have it built. I have videos about it on my youtube channel.

It's a cross between a forum and a social news site. It provides means of cataloging information as it happens, and as it relates to things that have already happened, and the current public discourse. It provides a way for a crowd to engage in ongoing conversations with an individual, or another crowd.

It also provides a mechanism for putting new information in context. There are more people making youtube videos everyday. This enables them to connect their commentary to actual events.
you have any example sites that do something like this?

haaaylee
12-09-2007, 10:33 PM
this site isn't specific to ron paul but it's great.
http://www.newshounds.us/

it's titled "we watch fox so you don't have to."

it ties into robert greenwald who did the documentary "outfoxed"

if we all hate the MSM we should pay attention to this stuff.

theantirobot
12-09-2007, 10:34 PM
Reddit.com is the closest thing there is to it now. If you were to take reddit and add the ability to add a new headline inside of a comment, that would be my Idea.

I should be clear, this is a commercial venture on my part. However, it will enable many commercial ventures for other people as well. I see it as an engine for change. I see it as a history book being written in real time, and we are the ones writing it. It gives context to information, and provides a place to advertise the new crowd powered businesses.

www.pennycrowd.com

theantirobot
12-09-2007, 10:37 PM
I am talking about a Ron Paul/Liberty supporter social news site, with an innovative feature attractive to anyone making videos. We need to replace the mainstream media with something. It has become destructive to our well being. This is the way to do it.

ronpaulrox
12-09-2007, 11:18 PM
ronpauldata.com and ronpaulbuzz.com

I'll contribute the domain and the site setup to the cause. I build Joomla sites for a living and I think the Joomla approach to content management would thrive in this situation. (users have different rights...author, publisher, manager, etc.)

Let me know which one you think would work better. Personally, I thought ronpauldata.com would be a place where his stance on issues would be listed...then list the arguments made against his stances and the counterpoints to those arguments.

Then, ronpaulbuzz.com could be all things media buzz related. Especially dealing with all the MSM transgressions.

Let me know what you think.

Mark
12-10-2007, 01:09 AM
ronpauldata.com and ronpaulbuzz.com

I'll contribute the domain and the site setup to the cause. I build Joomla sites for a living and I think the Joomla approach to content management would thrive in this situation. (users have different rights...author, publisher, manager, etc.)

Let me know which one you think would work better. Personally, I thought ronpauldata.com would be a place where his stance on issues would be listed...then list the arguments made against his stances and the counterpoints to those arguments.

Then, ronpaulbuzz.com could be all things media buzz related. Especially dealing with all the MSM transgressions.

Let me know what you think.

A couple points:

1. I just bought ~ newpress.tv ~ for a non biased news type of service geared towards, at this point, fair coverage of Dr Paul.

If it works out, I had planned to incorporate it as a project of my Religious Organization's overall mission

2. I can provide an excellent hosting with joomla ect through another mission project regarding Ron Paul supporter sites.

I'm offering free/cost hosting to small sites now, depending on your needs we could work something out.

~~~~

Also, this is kind of related, a site to combat unfair reporting by emailing media outlets.

http://www.blitzthemedia.com/

Help Keep the Media Honest

We are Tired!

Tired of the media ignoring Ron Paul.

We are tired of the media constantly connoting Dr. Paul's name with negative words.
(Guy Fawkes, blowing up parliament, conspiracy theory, losing, letting america down, and much more!)

We are tired of the media mentioning every other candidate on a daily basis,
but not hearing one thing about Ron Paul.
We are tired of it, and we are ready to do something about it!

What Are We Going to Do?

Blitz the Media. On Dec. 14th We are going to contact every media station possible. Whether by email, phone, or letter, we are going to let every broadcaster know that we will not go quietly into the night.

That we will not stand by. We will contact everyone and let them know that we will no longer tolerate the way they control our knowledge. We will no longer tolerate them choosing what they will leave us ignorant to. We will no longer tolerate their cold shoulder for Ron Paul.

We will coordinate this blitz to get media attention for Dr. Ron Paul with the mass donation day of The Tea Party (http://www.teaparty07.com/) on December 16th. Hopefully our efforts will stir the media to report on Ron Paul the day before, and of the Tea Party. This media attention will generate more traffic, and donations, for Ron Paul. We will make sure that the REVOLUTION WILL BE TELEVISED!

dmspilot00
12-10-2007, 01:11 AM
I think a blog would be best suited to this kind of site.

Energy
12-10-2007, 01:23 AM
Great idea. Some content management system for publishing - wordpress might be a great fit.

A wiki might be a good approach for collectively drafting things out, collecting video links, etc.

Energy
12-10-2007, 02:59 AM
To start organizing this, try this wiki page out (you must use this link and then click on the "Go" button near the bottom, if you skip this link, it won't work):

https://ronpaulprojects.pbwiki.com/shared.php?aph=788c6adae2d2461d8a468f1084b07ede451 8065b

Click on "Edit page" to add links. When done, click on "Save"