PDA

View Full Version : Donald Trump admits US taxpayer will fund his border wall... but claims Mexico will repay cost

CPUd
01-06-2017, 01:37 PM
Donald Trump admits US taxpayer will fund his border wall... but claims Mexico will repay costs

President-elect will reportedly seek funding as soon as April for the estimated $14 billion (£11 billion) project

Donald Trump has claimed Mexico will reimburse the US taxpayer for any money spent on building a border wall between the two countries, after it emerged he would approach Congress to foot the bill.

House Republicans revealed the President-elect would use public funds for the estimated $14 billion (£11 billion) project, in a U-turn from the repeated pledge during his presidential campaign that he would force Mexico to fund its construction.

Mr Trump appeared to confirm reports on Friday by saying US funds would only be used “for sake of speed” and would subsequently be repaid by its neighbour country.

“The dishonest media does not report that any money spent on building the Great Wall (for sake of speed), will be paid back by Mexico later!” he wrote on Twitter.

He did not clarify how he intended to force the Mexican government to repay the US.

It follows a string of similar reversals for the incoming leader. In October, he suggested for the first time that Mexico would reimburse the US for the cost of the wall, and in November, he admitted certain areas would likely be a “fence”.

In December, he claimed parts of the wall he pledged to build would not be needed due to “mountains” and “vicious rivers” in some areas.

House officials told CNN Mr Trump would seek to fund the project through the appropriations process as soon as April.

A total of 12 standard appropriation bills are passed each fiscal year by Congress that cover federal government spending.

However, many are concerned by the huge cost of the project to the taxpayer.

Former Mexican president Vicente Fox Quesada denied Mexico would refund any cost associated with building the wall.

“Trump may ask whoever he wants, but still neither myself nor Mexico are going to pay for his racist monument. Another promise he can’t keep,” he wrote on Twitter on Friday.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-elections/donald-trump-us-congress-funding-mexico-border-wall-south-fence-illegal-immigration-a7512426.html

Schifference
01-06-2017, 01:44 PM
Maybe they should slow it down and consider all possibilities. Maybe have California on the Mexican side of the wall.

donnay
01-06-2017, 01:52 PM
WASHINGTON (AP) — President-elect Donald Trump on Friday tweeted that Mexico will reimburse American taxpayers for a new border wall and that U.S. money spent will be for the "sake of speed."

His tweet came as congressional Republicans and his top aides consider a plan to ask Congress to ensure money is available in U.S. coffers for the wall without passing any new legislation. Instead, they would rely on existing law that already authorizes fencing and other technology along the southern border.

The potential approach was disclosed Thursday by two congressional officials and a senior transition official with knowledge of the discussions; all spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to discuss the matter publicly.

Trump said in a tweet early Friday: "The dishonest media does not report that any money spent on building the Great Wall (for sake of speed), will be paid back by Mexico later!" Mexico's president and other senior officials have repeatedly insisted that Mexico won't pay for a wall.
http://bigstory.ap.org/article/4abfe7e4b4be44c19d53c215fdb44438

enhanced_deficit
01-06-2017, 01:53 PM
GOP can thank Dems for making it happen:

http://ichef.bbci.co.uk/news/624/cpsprodpb/156B6/production/_90543778_034259357-1.jpg

Republicans Have An Easy Path To Trump’s Border Wall, Thanks To Dems

Rachel Stoltzfoos
11:33 AM 01/06/2017
Republicans plan to build Donald Trump’s border wall on the back of a 2006 law passed with the help of Democrats including Barack Obama, Joe Biden and Hillary Clinton.
The 2006 law authorized the construction of 700 miles of fencing along the southern border, as well as additional lights, cameras and sensors to enhance security. Although George W. Bush signed the measure into law, the Democrat-controlled Congress who took over a few months later ensured it would never be completed by means of an amendment to a 2008 spending bill.
The amendment removed an explicit requirement the wall be made of double-layer fencing, and gave the Department of Homeland Security authority to put in place less effective barriers, such as simple vehicle barriers that do not keep pedestrians out. As a result, Democrats were able to avoid a politically unpopular vote against the wall, and then turn around and quietly gut its construction. But Republicans in the new Congress now plan to use that law to ensure Trump’s wall is constructed.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2017/01/06/republicans-have-an-easy-path-to-trumps-border-wall-thanks-to-dems/

Related

Duke: US Taxpayers Have “Paid for Israeli Immigration Wall”
February 21, 2013

http://www.mintpressnews.com/how-us-taxpayers-subsidize-israeli-settlements/203674/

CPUd
01-06-2017, 01:53 PM
https://i.imgur.com/U1Njkh3.jpg

Jamesiv1
01-06-2017, 02:31 PM
Pre-pay with congressional funds.

Then round up a few million illegals and proactively malversate assets (to maximize future ROI) before you load them on the bus.

Simple.

dannno
01-06-2017, 02:38 PM
I thought Trump explained all this like 6 months ago.

specsaregood
01-06-2017, 03:12 PM
I predict capital controls, just like RP predicted in the 2012 cycle. They will "pay" it by taxing the money immigrants wire home to MX every day.

dannno
01-06-2017, 03:32 PM
I predict capital controls, just like RP predicted in the 2012 cycle. They will "pay" it by taxing the money immigrants wire home to MX every day.

This will be good for bitcoin.

bunklocoempire
01-06-2017, 03:53 PM
This will become a partial physical wall, but mostly a virtual wall of ID tech and surveillance.

Tech companies win, guilty consciences and fears/outrage are eased, liberty loses.

Secure voting for TheTexan.
Vet and track Abdul and his family.
Track Juan so he pays his fair share.

The boiling frogs have been cheering for this. The guilt the boiling frogs feel for not controlling the government make it an easy thing to do.

Throw liberty and common sense under the bus and I won't have to control my government, lift a finger for my own safety, protect your rights, or actually help my fellow man.

Pull a lever and be free. lol

Zippyjuan
01-06-2017, 04:27 PM
Like all Trump promises- "It isn't going to cost you a thing!" Mexico will pay for the wall. Our allies will pay for doubling our defense spending (Bush promised allies would pay for the overthrow of Saddam like they did when his Dad kicked him out of Kuwait- now the bills are huuesge.). And low interest rates by the Fed will make borrowing cheap anyways. Sign here. Easy credit. No down payment. No payments due for one full year.

phill4paul
01-06-2017, 04:43 PM
Sucks to be a U.S. taxpayer.

bunklocoempire
01-06-2017, 05:13 PM
Sucks to be a U.S. taxpayer.

hehe

I know you didn't stutter...

but don't you mean a willing "victim" of theft, enabling an evil system that obviously does more harm than good?

same/same

Need moar inflation, we gots ourselves a runaway booming economy here!

silverhandorder
01-06-2017, 05:18 PM
I love how Trump opponents argue with phantoms.

You all realise Trump supporters are super fucking happy right?

phill4paul
01-06-2017, 05:25 PM

You all realise Trump supporters are super fucking happy right?

Idiots that they are, not surprising. What's another 14 billion? Might as well max out the credit cards.

specsaregood
01-06-2017, 05:28 PM
Idiots that they are, not surprising. What's another 14 billion? Might as well max out the credit cards.

well if the endgame is declaring bankruptcy and you have no shame, why the hell not? just saying...

Zippyjuan
01-06-2017, 05:30 PM

Don't you mean $trillions?

silverhandorder
01-06-2017, 05:31 PM

That's besides the point. Look at CPUd and Zippo comments. They specifically trying to target supporters and tell them they should be unhappy with Trump. I can tell you a wasted effort.

CPUd
01-06-2017, 05:35 PM
Still on his site:

Introduction: The provision of the Patriot Act, Section 326 – the “know your customer” provision, compelling financial institutions to demand identity documents before opening accounts or conducting financial transactions is a fundamental element of the outline below. That section authorized the executive branch to issue detailed regulations on the subject, found at 31 CFR 130.120-121.

On day 1 promulgate a “proposed rule” (regulation) amending 31 CFR 130.121 to redefine applicable financial institutions to include money transfer companies like Western Union, and redefine “account” to include wire transfers. Also include in the proposed rule a requirement that no alien may wire money outside of the United States unless the alien first provides a document establishing his lawful presence in the United States.

On day 2 Mexico will immediately protest. They receive approximately $24 billion a year in remittances from Mexican nationals working in the United States. The majority of that amount comes from illegal aliens. It serves as de facto welfare for poor families in Mexico. There is no significant social safety net provided by the state in Mexico.

On day 3 tell Mexico that if the Mexican government will contribute the funds needed to the United States to pay for the wall, the Trump Administration will not promulgate the final rule, and the regulation will not go into effect.

Trade tariffs, or enforcement of existing trade rules: There is no doubt that Mexico is engaging in unfair subsidy behavior that has eliminated thousands of U.S. jobs, and which we are obligated to respond to; the impact of any tariffs on the price imports will be more than offset by the economic and income gains of increased production in the United States, in addition to revenue from any tariffs themselves. Mexico needs access to our markets much more than the reverse, so we have all the leverage and will win the negotiation. By definition, if you have a large trade deficit with a nation, it means they are selling far more to you than the reverse- thus they, not you, stand to lose from enforcing trade rules through tariffs (as has been done to save many U.S. industries in the past).

Cancelling visas: Immigration is a privilege, not a right. Mexico is totally dependent on the United States as a release valve for its own poverty- our approvals of hundreds of thousands of visas to their nationals every year is one of our greatest leverage points. We also have leverage through business and tourist visas for important people in the Mexican economy. Keep in mind, the United States has already taken in 4X more migrants than any other country on planet earth, producing lower wages and higher unemployment for our own citizens and recent migrants.

Visa fees: Even a small increase in visa fees would pay for the wall. This includes fees on border crossing cards, of which more than 1 million are issued a year. The border-crossing card is also one of the greatest sources of illegal immigration into the United States, via overstays. Mexico is also the single largest recipient of U.S. green cards, which confer a path to U.S. citizenship. Again, we have the leverage so Mexico will back down.

https://assets.donaldjtrump.com/Pay_for_the_Wall.pdf

fcreature
01-06-2017, 05:41 PM
Yup Mexico is totally going to pay for it later... LOL

You all realise Trump supporters are super $#@!ing happy right?

So? Nothing can be done about the fan boys being unable to see the truth for what it is. I'll spend my entire life arguing with phantoms. Everyone on this forum should be used to it considering 99% of our population will do nothing but laugh and scorn our beliefs their entire lives. Go try to explain to the average person how taxes are legalized theft and see what they say to you.

Superfluous Man
01-06-2017, 06:04 PM

You all realise Trump supporters are super $#@!ing happy right?

Of course they are.

Ron Paul supporters aren't though.

CPUd
01-06-2017, 07:44 PM
https://twitter.com/VicenteFoxQue/status/817480450285375488

https://twitter.com/VicenteFoxQue/status/817212404144766979

UWDude
01-06-2017, 10:00 PM
https://twitter.com/VicenteFoxQue/status/817480450285375488

https://twitter.com/VicenteFoxQue/status/817212404144766979

Now Mexico is trying to influence the outcome of the elections too?

01-07-2017, 07:38 AM
This is probably Trump's out with his trumpkins. Sorry guys congress won't fund the wall that I totally would get Mexico to pay us back for. They will accept it like good like trumpkins.

There was never going to be a wall.

robert68
01-07-2017, 02:15 PM
This will become a partial physical wall, but mostly a virtual wall of ID tech and surveillance.

Tech companies win, guilty consciences and fears/outrage are eased, liberty loses.

Secure voting for TheTexan.
Vet and track Abdul and his family.
Track Juan so he pays his fair share.

The boiling frogs have been cheering for this. The guilt the boiling frogs feel for not controlling the government make it an easy thing to do.

Throw liberty and common sense under the bus and I won't have to control my government, lift a finger for my own safety, protect your rights, or actually help my fellow man.

Pull a lever and be free. lol

But a virtual wall can be entirely turned off in instant by the next President. Such a "wall" may not satisfy the xenophobes.