PDA

View Full Version : Are you getting scared/nervous/anxious?

ross11988
12-09-2007, 08:56 PM
I was just wondering how everyone's feelings are becoming as we're getting closer to D-Day. Me myself I am getting nervous. Anyone else having any feelings?

Adamsa
12-09-2007, 08:58 PM
I'm just worried not enough money and time is being spent in Iowa, if Romney and Huckabee start going after each other (Huck has hinted Mormons aren't Christians and Romney has a lot of ammo), we could see Ron pull off a John Kerry if he puts the time and the large amounts of money he has into it.

derdy
12-09-2007, 08:59 PM
I just feel more compelled to sign wave and get the word out as often as possible. Definitely not nervous.

CoreyBowen999
12-09-2007, 09:01 PM
I'm pretty nervous but excited at the same time!!

ladyliberty
12-09-2007, 09:02 PM
Hey I am just elated that he is still in the game!! I figured they would have 86-d this campaign months ago!!

bgoldwater
12-09-2007, 09:03 PM
I don't know, but I'm hoping for a blizzard during the caucuses and primaries so many voters will stay home, except for the Pauls.

Ron Paul Fan
12-09-2007, 09:04 PM
Every day that passes is one day closer to freedom and I can't wait! We must understand what being truly free means before we can truly be free.

knappz
12-09-2007, 09:08 PM
All the above. This is a exciting time to be alive my friends.

DirtMcGirt
12-09-2007, 09:09 PM
As long as we can raise around 6mil on the 16th, I'll be optimistic b/c RP will be bankrolled and allowed to get his message out!!!
Ask the question after next weekend...

slantedview
12-09-2007, 09:10 PM
As long as we can raise around 6mil on the 16th, I'll be optimistic b/c RP will be bankrolled and allowed to get his message out!!!
Ask the question after next weekend...

7 mil. gotta break hillary's record ;)

10thAmendmentMan
12-09-2007, 09:11 PM
I was just wondering how everyone's feelings are becoming as we're getting closer to D-Day. Me myself I am getting nervous. Anyone else having any feelings?

Other than the standard ever-present impulse to punch me some hippies, nope. Same old calm. I might get a little antsy when waiting for results on Jan. 8 though.

Avalon
12-09-2007, 09:15 PM
I'm just worried not enough money and time is being spent in Iowa, if Romney and Huckabee start going after each other (Huck has hinted Mormons aren't Christians and Romney has a lot of ammo), we could see Ron pull off a John Kerry if he puts the time and the large amounts of money he has into it. When it comes to getting caucus voters (or even primary voters), money doesn't matter very much. What matters is people on the ground convincing/converting individuals to show up for Ron Paul. This is especially true for a candidate like RP who has a somewhat complex platform that goes against the grain (his party, the media, the status quo, all the other politicians). We need to go out and talk to people and give them tailored information that can't be easily expressed in a 30 second ad and hand them a card/slimjim that will allow them to easily allow and remind them to look at him more (most people who hear a radio ad or see a TV ad won't bother to go to his website).

We are the campaign! Let's go win this!

mathamagician
12-09-2007, 09:17 PM
I'm getting nervous because we don't have much time left to make up ground. I'm hoping the tea party will boost us up about 5% so that we can be 10% nationally (another big milestone because the media is obsessed with arbitrary benchmarks "Ooooo 2 digits!"). If we get 2nd or 3rd in Iowa and then hope that turnout pushes us up to 2nd in New Hampshire and then try to win outright Nevada and New Hampshire I think we will have the money to go strong into super tuesday.

Thrice
12-09-2007, 09:17 PM
I'm excited and very optimistic. I can't wait. And, I'll be honest: as much as I genuinely want Ron Paul to win, I can't deny that I'd love to throw in a few "I told you"s to friends who were complete doubters.

speciallyblend
12-09-2007, 09:28 PM
Excited;) i think we will hit around 8-10 million on dec 16th and that would be awesome,plus we have the blimp this week:) we could explode and raise far more then any of us could imagine,the blimp story could explode the www.ronpaul2008.com / www.teaparty07.com sites and energize more to spread the tea party:):)

of course the people in NH and IA are definetly working their butts off,im sure they will make us very proud

ross11988
12-09-2007, 09:29 PM
Thanks guys. The people that know me here know that I do alot of work from my videos and stuff. If I could do this stuff 24/7 I would. I would be on the bullhorn all day long in the snow/rain if I could afford it. Thanks for the input.

theantirobot
12-09-2007, 09:31 PM
I am absolutely confident that Ron Paul will win. We've already won. We just have to tell people.

transistor
12-09-2007, 09:32 PM
i'm excited about the money bomb, but nervous about iowa. people seriously don't even know who ron paul is around here

Mental Dribble
12-09-2007, 09:45 PM
i'm excited about the money bomb, but nervous about iowa. people seriously don't even know who ron paul is around here

So what are you doing to CHANGE THAT!?!?!

mathamagician
12-09-2007, 09:48 PM

Oh they'll know who he is on December 17th ;)

I'm actually excited about Iowa, Nervous about New Hampshire.

Second_Tier_My_Ass
12-09-2007, 10:07 PM

Why is that?

It's the other way around for me. I think Iowa should be demanding more attention right now than NH. I feel confident we will do well in NH, most likely winning it. We need to make sure we're in the top-3 in Iowa. Some reports suggest that we are, but still, it's shaky at best. I almost wish the blimp would fly around Iowa a bit, and then go to NH, but I know that isn't possible.

My reasoning here is that media people will try to suggest that NH typically votes for underdog candidates who go against the grain of the party, just like in past primary elections, and that they don't represent the base of republican voters. They will suggest Iowa is a better representation than NH in an attempt to discredit Ron Paul's win in that state.

ross11988
12-09-2007, 10:25 PM

Im wondering what that means also

dvictr
12-09-2007, 10:28 PM
im nervous myself

BillyBeer
12-09-2007, 10:32 PM
I still think its a looooooooooooooong shot to win, the thing is Paul can win IA and NH. I never thought hed win IA, but he has a shot with Huckster getting hammered on his wacko Evangelical views and pardons for nutjobs, and Romney stepping in the gutter to try and derail Huckster. Everything has to go PERFECT for the campaign, but if we lose, time to move on and run as the Libertarian Party nominee.

user
12-09-2007, 10:32 PM
Im wondering what that means also
He's saying they'll hear about the Tea Party, but there's no guarantee of that. We all know how the MSM is.

PRIEST
12-09-2007, 11:06 PM
I still think its a looooooooooooooong shot to win

I don't.

Ron Paul has true support. The others do not have true support.

Barring voting fraud, Ron Paul is our next President.