PDA

View Full Version : Rand Paul on Morning Joe discussing Obamacare 1/4

jct74
01-04-2017, 02:03 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUXAwFfXpTg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUXAwFfXpTg

dean.engelhardt
01-04-2017, 02:43 PM
He could have been president. Are we kicking ourselves yet?

dannno
01-04-2017, 02:52 PM
He could have been president. Are we kicking ourselves yet?

There is no way the establishment would have allowed Rand to win, even though he would have made a better President than Trump. I'm not saying it is never possible, but it would take a huge shift in public sentiment and a really big populist movement to get Rand into the Presidency and America wasn't ready yet.

The establishment fought against Trump tooth and nail, Trump was only able to overcome them because he has been on reality tv star and has had a lot of fame, money and connections. He also is really good at playing the media.

Trump isn't as principled or liberty minded as Rand, but he actually is a pretty good candidate who can reverse a lot of the damage that has been done to our country.

Let's see what happens in the next few years, Rand may be able to help Trump do a lot of good things from his seat in the senate.

Rand's day may still come.

georgiaboy
01-05-2017, 09:13 PM
Nice shoutout from Elise Jordan, journalist and widow of Michael Hastings (RIP).

He's my favorite senator, too, Elise.

georgiaboy
01-05-2017, 09:20 PM
Trump isn't as principled or liberty minded as Rand, but he actually is a pretty good candidate who can reverse a lot of the damage that has been done to our country.

Let's see what happens in the next few years, Rand may be able to help Trump do a lot of good things from his seat in the senate.

Rand's day may still come.

I like your optimism; I'm in wait and see mode, but not holding my breath.

It sure would be nice for Trump's twitter account to lend a hand to Rand's effort here. Thus far, for all Rand's attempts at reaching out to help the Admin, he's been blacked out.