PDA

View Full Version : Revenge Gifts for Trump supporters

Anti Federalist
12-23-2016, 12:36 PM
Cuts both ways: If I had some leftists in my close family, I would happily send a donation to GOA or Institute for Justice or Von Mises Institute in their name.

I'm all in favor of this, keep stirring the pot...maybe we'll finally all be able to separate and secede.

Trump backers get 'revenge gifts' from relatives: donations to liberal causes

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/dec/23/donald-trump-voters-revenge-giving-holidays-christmas-gifts-donations

Friday 23 December 2016 07.30 EST

When John Tereska’s Trump-voting family members open their gifts from him on Christmas Day, they will get a shock.

Inside pretty boxes they’ll find notes thanking them for making donations to organizations like Planned Parenthood and the Sierra Club that support causes expected to come under attack from the new administration.
Trump protesters plan to open 'movement house' in Washington DC

“With my oldest brother, who I know voted for Trump, I’m going right for the jugular. I’m donating to the Democratic National Committee on his behalf,” Tereska said.

Tereska, an avid Hillary Clinton supporter, is so mad at the relatives who voted for Donald Trump in November that he’s giving money to progressive not-for-profit organizations in their names, in lieu of Christmas presents this year.

“It’s revenge giving,” he added, with relish.

Many devastated Democrats have decided the best way to make a point to their loved ones with polar political views this holiday season is to put their money where they wish their relatives’ mouth were.

Ken Urban, a playwright who teaches part time at Princeton University and voted Democratic, has made donations to the Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC) on behalf of his parents as their Christmas gifts.

“My father was the Republican mayor of my small home town in New Jersey and spent his career in the navy reserve. My mother told me she would never vote for Hillary Clinton because they have a friend who works for the CIA who said she was ‘difficult’. And there are aunts and uncles and cousins in my family who voted for Trump,” said Urban.

He is ruing the fact that he and his boyfriend agreed, before the election, to attend a big family Christmas gathering for the first time in 20 years.

But the SPLC donations on behalf of his parents will take the sting out of it.

“I thought I could make a point and in the process be generous to a human rights cause that is only going to become more important now,” said Urban.

Some were inspired after hearing about donations to Planned Parenthood made in the name of Vice-President elect Mike Pence, who is fiercely against abortion. Pence is sent an acknowledgment from the family planning organization for every contribution.

Randi Greenwald, a retired lawyer in Portland, Maine, heard about the Pence idea and decided to put a more personal, local spin on the tactic.

Her son’s brother-in-law is Canadian but is a big fan of Trump and has been taunting the rest of the Democratic-leaning family ever since the real estate tycoon’s surprise win in November, she said.

“It meant more to me to make a revenge donation in this person’s name to a small cause locally,” she said.

Greenwald gave the money to her state branch of the Immigration Legal Advocacy Project, ILAP Maine, which assists people with their immigration cases, including asylum seekers and refugees.

“That’s his holiday gift this year,” she said. She’s bought regular presents for other members of the family.
A message one unnamed ‘revenge giver’ is slipping into Trump-voting relatives’ Christmas cards.

A message one unnamed ‘revenge giver’ is slipping into Trump-voting relatives’ Christmas cards. Photograph: Handout

Her Democratic-voting relatives are highly amused at the thought of him receiving a thank you letter from ILAP, she said.

“For me, if I don’t laugh, I’m going to cry,” she said.

Francie Schnipke, who works for a not-for-profit group in Chicago, is also supporting the SPLC – in the name of her Trump-voting older brother in rural Ohio.

He went from being a non-voter to a vocal Trump fan, despite the fact that their mother is Mexican and they have a family member with special needs, she said; they belong to two groups among many denigrated by Trump during the campaign.

She thinks the brother was swept along by the rhetoric of co-workers at his transportation company.

“He’s always been a loving brother and father. I’m reeling,” she said. “I think he was emboldened by the idea of the outsider coming to fix dysfunctional Washington.”

Now Schnipke hopes the information leaflets the SPLC will send her brother will “give him pause”, she said.

Tereska, an operations analyst for a fashion retailer in New York, isn’t only giving “revenge donations”. His sister voted for Clinton, so she is getting a “love donation” to the Human Rights Campaign for LGBT equality.

But the majority of his family members will get gifts that he thinks they’ll perceive as hostile.

“My father wrote in John McCain on his ballot, so I take that as a vote for Trump. My mother will not talk about it, so I assume she voted for Trump. They are getting donations to Planned Parenthood,” Tereska said.

“I’m still grappling with the result of the election and this is my small slice of revenge for the fact that their votes have just jeopardized me and the entire world for the next four years.”

fedupinmo
12-23-2016, 12:45 PM
Somebody need to get an ass whooping for Christmas.

angelatc
12-23-2016, 12:56 PM
These are the people that I did not want in charge of the nation's resources.

A Son of Liberty
12-23-2016, 12:57 PM
If someone donated to planned parenthood or the splc in my name, I'd never speak to them again.

These people are self important little narcissistic bitches.

timosman
12-23-2016, 01:04 PM
If someone donated to planned parenthood or the splc in my name, I'd never speak to them again.

They are not used to being told no. They are always right.

helmuth_hubener
12-23-2016, 01:19 PM
Donations? That is unbelievably lame.

You want to send a "gift" like this, make it physical. There's a lot of funny possibilities out there. Novelty toilet paper. Books that they'll hate. Send a mug saying "Enjoying my Liberal Tears" wrapped in Trump wrapping paper.
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/51bjTscUBSL._SL1000_.jpg

Or, for the other side, perhaps a t-shirt like this:

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/shopping?q=tbn:ANd9GcQYY1ERaoQaN8HL5N4XHIi_lq4KSRl CuxB-PEr_SY0FMKqXHdLssUoNh_5hBK4k6U3OUVRDlgV6&usqp=CAE

I actually had a family member send us pink Legos.... for my male son. :rolleyes: Gotta be pushing that SJW agenda 24/7!

I'd recommend actual thoughtful gifts instead. Pretty dumb to try to weaponize Christmas.

Anti Federalist
12-23-2016, 04:46 PM

Yes, this.

Not only that, but imagine how petty and small one of these people must be to take something that is supposed to be an expression of your love and respect for the person receiving the gift and turn it into cheap partisan political comment.

These people are mentally ill.

presence
12-23-2016, 05:26 PM
Somebody need to get an ass whooping for Christmas.

Indiana mom charged with beating kids for opening Christmas gifts early (http://wreg.com/2016/12/22/indiana-mom-charged-with-beating-kids-for-opening-christmas-gifts-early/)wreg.com/.../indiana-mom-charged-with-beating-kids-for-opening-christmas-gifts-ear...

1 day ago - Indiana mom charged with beating kids for opening Christmas gifts early ... ages 7 and 9, throwing one against the wall and hitting the kids with a belt ... Collins pleaded not guilty to two felony charges of domestic battery in ... Memphis woman charged with child abuse for using extension cord on children.

GunnyFreedom
12-23-2016, 05:52 PM

and authority. I will second that one.

GunnyFreedom
12-23-2016, 05:55 PM
Pretty dumb to try to weaponize Christmas.

Malevolently dumb. Which I admit is a pretty astonishing accomplishment.

GunnyFreedom
12-23-2016, 06:15 PM

I would be tempted to open the gift, look at it closely for a few moments, look up and wink and smile at the brother. Stand up, walk over, toss the certificate in his lap and immediately proceed to piss all over him and the certificate. Get his face really good. Ugly Christmas sweater and all. “Sorry brother, I had to let my God know how much I disapprove of a donation to baby killers. You understand of course. Love you Bill.” ...and then walk away to sit down at Christmas dinner, leaving him wet on the floor and agape. I may be liberty enough to limit the role of government here but when you put MY name on an act of murder there will have to be a reckoning. Some of these are just pranks, and all in good fun, but some of this is just evil. PP and SPLC in particular. If you are really going to pay to demoniacs in my name, then allow me to wash you with unholy water and then pray for your poor ignorant soul.

RJB
12-23-2016, 06:49 PM
I've never had a candidate that I liked win an election. Maybe libertarians are just classier people. I would have never have thought to do this to a "friend" or "family."

heavenlyboy34
12-23-2016, 07:25 PM
This thread reminds me of this sick lady:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIfv14efZcM

fedupinmo
12-24-2016, 03:41 PM
Indiana mom charged with beating kids for opening Christmas gifts early (http://wreg.com/2016/12/22/indiana-mom-charged-with-beating-kids-for-opening-christmas-gifts-early/)

wreg.com/.../indiana-mom-charged-with-beating-kids-for-opening-christmas-gifts-ear...

1 day ago - Indiana mom charged with beating kids for opening Christmas gifts early ... ages 7 and 9, throwing one against the wall and hitting the kids with a belt ... Collins pleaded not guilty to two felony charges of domestic battery in ... Memphis woman charged with child abuse for using extension cord on children.
Kids aren't liberals using Christmas as an excuse to give money to their own causes and rubbing it the face of conservatives for Christmas.
Nice try though...

presence
12-24-2016, 03:45 PM
I wasn't making any point just had read that before seeing your comment.

RonPaulIsGreat
12-24-2016, 03:59 PM
I'd take that kind of a gift to say we are no longer friends, and act accordingly. I could not be friends with a libtard anyway, so it'd be a relief really to just have it over.

Tywysog Cymru
12-24-2016, 04:15 PM
I mean, Donald Trump supports Planned Parenthood so I don't get the point.

NewRightLibertarian
12-24-2016, 04:28 PM
I mean, Donald Trump supports Planned Parenthood so I don't get the point.

Trump's liberal-ish views make their tantrums even more pathetic. These leftists really are just controlled, brainwashed lemmings who cannot form thoughts on their own. Calling them "sub-human" would not be a stretch.

Seraphim
12-24-2016, 05:07 PM
Political revenge gifts??!?!?

Disgusting.

dannno
12-24-2016, 05:38 PM
This thread reminds me of this sick lady:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIfv14efZcM

Where's his dad? Oh, lemme guess..she made him move out a long time ago...

Weston White
12-25-2016, 12:43 AM
Ah yes, these must be the same people that fight over parking spots in shopping malls and stomp over door monitors during holiday seasons.

I would think a very fitting counter-gift would be the donation fee to get those relative's names plastered on the national KKK Website as a gold or platinum member.

...The epitome of mental illness.