PDA

View Full Version : Principles

helmuth_hubener
12-23-2016, 11:08 AM
Principles. They're really important. Else, what are we fighting and Grassrooting for?

http://principles.com

helmuth_hubener
12-29-2016, 02:07 PM
Bump!

TheTexan
12-29-2016, 02:51 PM
I wish TLC had principles.

Then Honey Boo Boo would still be on the air

JK/SEA
12-29-2016, 02:56 PM
Principles. They're really important. Else, what are we fighting and Grassrooting for?

http://principles.com

curious...whats been the extent of your activism in regards to politics?...

helmuth_hubener
12-30-2016, 09:59 AM
curious...whats been the extent of your activism in regards to politics?...

Ran RP stuff in my county in 2008 and 2012. Won my county for Ron Paul second go around, sent our RP guy to the national convention (very proud of that). Ran for state legislature (got double digits). Relocated across the country as a vanguard mover for the FSW project (idea was to libertarianize a state by relocating a large number of freedom-lovers there). Going back even to high school, I ran for class president on a libertarian platform. Seriously: slashing spending, merit pay and firing of bad teachers, a whole host of issues the class president has no real power over but I figured I would have a platform. I was going to go to school board meetings and wreck havok! I think I actually won that one, but the terrified and aghast school authorities committed vote fraud. In fact, as I think about it, even going back to middle school I was doing various creative things to fight the system at school, debating and persuading, writing letters to the editor of the newspaper (the paper decided to run me as a guest column once -- they were pretty surprised when they got my photo, I imagine!), putting up Liberty and Harry Browne signs on the street and in my bedroom window, scheming how to compete with government bus and other systems to put them out of business.... In short: Et Cetera.

And, there's one more thing, something else coming I've been working on...

"Wait for it!"