PDA

View Full Version : The homemade T-shirt is working

TuningIn
06-30-2007, 09:50 PM
The look of the homemade T-shirt is working for our meet-up group. Don't be afraid of vertical lines between your stencils and overspray. We don't use up time with masking. It adds to the grassroots look.

Another thing I did was use foam letter stamps and load a stamp pad with fabric paint. Cheaper forms of pigment should work, too as long as it's not too thick. I drew a grid on cardboard and stapled the T-shirt to it for stability. I'm thinking this could be a good portable method for making shirts on the spot if you could do it while people are wearing their $2 shirt from Walgreen's. It'll dry quickly, but they have to be cool about bleed-through.

CJLauderdale4
06-30-2007, 10:11 PM
I bought one of Hamedeh's designs from zazzle.com. I modified the back of the shirt with this (it also has Hamedeh's www.ronpaul2008.com link as well):

http://tujaysconstruction.com/My_RonPaul_Shirt_Back_JPG.jpg

I wore it today for the first time. I was stopped by 3 people at my son's Karate graduation where I briefly spoke of Ron and handed them the business cards we've been making.

Then I was stopped by 2 bag boys, who just turned 18, so they could read the back. I explained the fallacy of "preventive war" and handing over liberties - they were enthralled by the discussion. I gave them cards as well and asked them to checkout ronpaul2008.com.

The shirts WORK!!! Be prepared to talk and give material - business cards are SO EASY to carry at ALL TIMES!!