PDA

View Full Version : OFFICIAL ELECTORAL COLLEGE VOTE THREAD

KEEF
12-19-2016, 12:03 PM
Pennsylvania is voting now, and Michigan is live at 2:00 pm on CSPAN.

seapilot
12-19-2016, 12:14 PM
Any predictions? I think there will be a few defectors, not enough to change the outcome. Enough for the MSM to grasp onto it and run with the narrative that this is a "Historical Event" regarding the faithless electors vote of no confidence over and over again.

jllundqu
12-19-2016, 12:17 PM
https://www.buzzfeed.com/chrisgeidner/the-electoral-college-vote-isnt-just-about-the-electoral-col

Just the beginning...

WASHINGTON — The battle over Monday’s Electoral College vote is the beginning, not the end. A larger campaign to undermine the legitimacy — and constitutionality — of Donald Trump’s presidency is likely just getting underway.

Discomfort with Donald Trump before and since Election Day, the divisiveness of the 2016 election more broadly, and the popular vote mismatch with the Electoral College result have produced yet another unusual moment in an unusual year.

Many Democrats and other opponents of Trump have been working to change the results of the election through the Electoral College vote on Monday — an almost-impossible-to-succeed effort to deny Trump a majority of the electoral votes as required to become president. Presuming that mission is unsuccessful, prepare for the next phase: Jan. 6, when Congress formally tallies the results of those votes.

At that time, as few as two members of Congress — one in the House and one in the Senate — could lodge an objection to the results of the vote in a particular state or overall. While similarly unlikely to change the outcome, given current circumstances, it would be another wrench thrown into the transition of power — and another effort to make the case of opposition to the coming Trump presidency.

But even then, don’t expect it to end. Efforts to undermine Trump’s presidency by Democrats and those Republicans who believe Trump is unfit for office — or violating his oath of office — almost certainly will continue, a cascading series of constant challenges.

In short, Monday could be the opening salvo of a new campaign against a president’s legitimacy — a fact-based version of the racist, fact-free birther conspiracy. This time around, the questions raised appear to be legitimate — Trump’s international conflicts of interest are real and, according to the unanimous view of US intelligence agencies, Russian attempts to influence the election are likewise real. The problem this time, however, is that — for the most part — these are uncharted waters and there are no established solutions.

Like the birther conspiracy that plagued Obama (despite its falsity), the anti-Trump sentiment being stirred in the attempt to persuade electors to abandon Trump could continue to circle the political waters for years to come, playing a part in breaking down further yet another norm: the presumed legitimacy of the presidency. Trump would become the third president in a row whose legitimacy would be perpetually in question, reasonably or not, by significant numbers of opposite party.

It could continue until the issues are resolved or Trump is no longer president. What’s more, that’s likely exactly what Trump’s opponents want.

Big names in law, politics, and popular culture — from Laurence Tribe to Martin Sheen — have taken to encouraging the electors in states that voted for Trump to become so-called faithless electors and vote for Hillary Clinton or, at the least, a presidential candidate other than Trump in order to keep him from reaching the 270-vote majority needed to become the 45th president of the United States. Kate McKinnon, extending her Saturday Night Live Hillary Clinton character for another week, made the case in a Love Actually parody this weekend. Lawyers and politicians across the country are, in slightly more nuanced tones, laying out the same case.

more at link

timosman
12-19-2016, 12:21 PM
Any predictions? I think there will be a few defectors, not enough to change the outcome. Enough for the MSM to grasp onto it and run with the narrative that this is a "Historical Event" regarding the faithless electors vote of no confidence over and over again.

Defectors? It is time to show this is a country of laws. If any they will be from Clinton's side.

KEEF
12-19-2016, 12:25 PM
The professor from University of Denver was pretty good at explaining the history of the electoral college and that if we were to get rid of it, so too would have to go the US Senate.

timosman
12-19-2016, 12:29 PM
The professor from University of CO was pretty good at explaining the history of the electoral college and that if we were to get rid of it, so too would have to go the US Congress.

Why is it even being discussed? Because Hillary lost? It seems it is easier to get rid of the electoral college than it is to explain to Hillary she has no chance of winning - http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?505509-Nobody-was-able-to-say-NO-to-Ms-Clinton

fisharmor
12-19-2016, 12:34 PM
https://www.buzzfeed.com/chrisgeidner/the-electoral-college-vote-isnt-just-about-the-electoral-col

Just the beginning...

Awesome!
If Democrat legislators spend four years mounting challenges to Trump,
and Republican legislators spend four years dealing with those challenges,
that is the best possible outcome for America.

Paralyze yourselves, you worthless parasites.

KEEF
12-19-2016, 12:35 PM
Why is it even being discussed? Because Hillary lost? It seems it is easier to get rid of the electoral college than it is to explain to Hillary she has no chance of winning - http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?505509-Nobody-was-able-to-say-NO-to-Ms-Clinton
I agree with you, but it is educational for the people that have no idea what the electoral college is.

KEEF
12-19-2016, 01:09 PM
Man my Governor is such a chode.

SovereignMN
12-19-2016, 01:24 PM
Defectors? It is time to show this is a country of laws. If any they will be from Clinton's side.

In Minnesota, an elector (who was a Bernie delegate at the DNC) refused to vote for Hillary Clinton and was replaced by an alternate elector. I admit I'm ignorant on what the state law is for how an alternate can replace an elector. Just remember this when a liberal tells you how electors need to be able to vote their conscious.

MelissaWV
12-19-2016, 01:29 PM
I agree with you, but it is educational for the people that have no idea what the electoral college is.

This discussion comes up often, and people let it drift into the background, every four years.

The fact of the matter is that if someone is truly upset at the EC system, the time to address it is before the very first person files for a Presidential run for the next time around.

When Dubya won, there was a golden opportunity to get rid of that system altogether, but it didn't happen.

AZJoe
12-19-2016, 01:33 PM
Live Update Map: http://www.270towin.com/live-2016-presidential-election-vote-of-electors/

oyarde
12-19-2016, 01:45 PM

I figured some of Clintons would vote for Bernie :)

oyarde
12-19-2016, 01:47 PM
In Minnesota, an elector (who was a Bernie delegate at the DNC) refused to vote for Hillary Clinton and was replaced by an alternate elector. I admit I'm ignorant on what the state law is for how an alternate can replace an elector. Just remember this when a liberal tells you how electors need to be able to vote their conscious.

LOL , I bet there are Bern voters out the ass in the Twin Cities .

Tywysog Cymru
12-19-2016, 02:34 PM
This is certainly entertaining.

Jamesiv1
12-19-2016, 02:40 PM
Needs 14 more out of 155 pending:

http://www.270towin.com/live-2016-presidential-election-vote-of-electors/

Seraphim
12-19-2016, 02:52 PM
LOL @ CLINTON DEFECTORS.

This is turning out very poorly for globalists.

On the other hand the globalists are now fighting back harder and pushing that WW3 train.

Tywysog Cymru
12-19-2016, 02:57 PM
Needs 14 more out of 155 pending:

http://www.270towin.com/live-2016-presidential-election-vote-of-electors/

11 with Alaska now in.

jllundqu
12-19-2016, 03:07 PM
Will there be a "Literally shaking right now" moment for the left (again)? LMAO!

Jamesiv1
12-19-2016, 03:10 PM
Will there be a "Literally shaking right now" moment for the left (again)? LMAO!
I am giving my tub a good scrub in anticipation of another soothing salty tears bath.

Athan
12-19-2016, 03:16 PM
I wouldn't be bothered that the electors are considering the decision, what REALLY bothers me is they are likely being BRIBED. Soros said as much months ago that the electors wouldn't vote for Trump.

Jamesiv1
12-19-2016, 03:32 PM
Trump (R)

Clinton (D)

Other (O)

Pending

GunnyFreedom
12-19-2016, 03:36 PM
Faith Spotted Eagle

Jamesiv1
12-19-2016, 03:47 PM
Trump (R)

Clinton (D)

Other (O)

Pending

Root
12-19-2016, 03:49 PM
Oh oh, I hope they are voting very hard for us!

Dr.3D
12-19-2016, 04:02 PM
So how many who were supposed to vote for Clinton, decided to vote for Trump?

jllundqu
12-19-2016, 04:03 PM
Is it 'official' yet.... man I hate that word

Jamesiv1
12-19-2016, 04:07 PM
Is it 'official' yet.... man I hate that word
not yet. still at 268. Needs 2 more.

Trump (R)

Clinton (D)

Other (O)

Pending

Jamesiv1
12-19-2016, 04:09 PM
of the 232 electors pledged to Clinton, 200 have switched to Trump

SovereignMN
12-19-2016, 04:10 PM

Here is what I know of thusfar from media reports:
Maine: One elector tried to switch from Clinton to Sanders. He was replaced.
Minnesota: One elector tried to switch from Clinton to Sanders. He was replaced.
Washington: 4 electors switched from Clinton. 3 voted for Colin Powell. 1 voted for Faith Spotted Eagle.
Texas: 1 elector resigned rather than vote for Trump. 3 others resigned because they were federal employees and ineligible according to Texas law.

12-19-2016, 04:14 PM
Maine: One elector tried to switch from Clinton to Sanders. He was replaced.

Actually he was ruled out of order, then caved in and voted Clinton on the second ballot.

Dr.3D
12-19-2016, 04:16 PM
of the 232 electors pledged to Clinton, 200 have switched to Trump
That would be ironic, wouldn't it? lol

jllundqu
12-19-2016, 04:21 PM
aaaaand its official

Lovecraftian4Paul
12-19-2016, 04:30 PM
Cool that Ron Paul finally got an electoral vote out of Texas. Shame it didn't also happen in 2008 and 2012.

Zippyjuan
12-19-2016, 04:33 PM
What kind of degrees can you get at the Electoral College? Or is it all just Political Science?

Jamesiv1
12-19-2016, 04:34 PM
done deal

✓ Trump (R)

Clinton (D)

Other (O)

Pending

Zippyjuan
12-19-2016, 04:39 PM
Washington jumped sides. http://www.npr.org/2016/12/19/506188169/donald-trump-poised-to-secure-electoral-college-win-with-few-surprises

Four of the state’s electors broke ranks to vote against Hillary Clinton. Three voted for Colin Powell, and one for Faith Spotted Eagle.

dude58677
12-19-2016, 04:47 PM
Ron Paul gets an Electoral vote and Hillary Clinton will never be President! :D

oyarde
12-19-2016, 04:48 PM
Faith Spotted Eagle

Standing Rock Tribal Council I think .

GunnyFreedom
12-19-2016, 05:02 PM
Well, that could not possibly have ended on a better note without actual riots.

KEEF
12-19-2016, 05:08 PM
True dat

timosman
12-19-2016, 05:11 PM

What a beautiful day in America.

Schifference
12-19-2016, 05:27 PM

Some people have been wanting a revolution. I would imagine that if Trump was not appointed there would be an uprising.

Aratus
12-19-2016, 05:32 PM
Either way... Had GOP electors gone to Hillary... Mayhap riots... Now we get to see if our Reichstag fire arrives, which 1933 newspapers helped to kindle and inflame up... Or he is to be no worse than Millard Fillmore or Franklin Pierce... All told!

Jan2017
12-19-2016, 05:54 PM

Whoa! That is like amazin' or sometin' . . .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSmOvYzSeaQ

kahless
12-19-2016, 06:37 PM
The elector that voted for Ron Paul, forum member?

Dr.3D
12-19-2016, 06:42 PM
I understand Bill Clinton is an elector.

I wonder that a person has to do to become an elector.

staerker
12-19-2016, 06:42 PM

oyarde
12-19-2016, 06:45 PM
Washington jumped sides. http://www.npr.org/2016/12/19/506188169/donald-trump-poised-to-secure-electoral-college-win-with-few-surprises

Ya WTF is up with the Gen. Powell votes ?

enhanced_deficit
12-19-2016, 06:48 PM
We know he likes to win but how many times he has to keep winning....
Enough is enough, this is unacceptable torture for Hillary-DGP camp in a series of false hopes followed by crashed dreams.

RonZeplin
12-19-2016, 07:35 PM
Ya WTF is up with the Gen. Powell votes ?

A Nation Of Islam military coup, for a Colin Powell/Calypso Louie Farrakhan, Islamic Indian Washington State ?

oyarde
12-19-2016, 07:38 PM
A Nation Of Islam military coup, for a Colin Powell/Calypso Louie Farrakhan, Islamic Indian Washington State ?

LOL , well , nothing should surprise me .

oyarde
12-19-2016, 07:39 PM
done deal

✓ Trump (R)

Clinton (D)

Other (O)

Pending

So , Clinton @ 108 without California ?

Zippyjuan
12-19-2016, 08:13 PM
So , Clinton @ 108 without California ?

6:10 p.m. - Donald Trump, 304 | Hillary Clinton, 221 | Other, 6

http://pix11.com/2016/12/19/live-results-of-the-electoral-college-result/

(believe your number is from before California reported theirs)

nobody's_hero
12-19-2016, 09:19 PM
There should be a recount. I heard that nearly 1,000 electoral votes were not counted.

Jamesiv1
12-19-2016, 09:22 PM
There should be a recount. I heard that nearly 1,000 electoral votes were not counted.
CIA is saying the Philippines guy hacked the electoral vote thingies.

RJ Liberty
12-19-2016, 09:38 PM

Those are both two cool very things that happened today. I am approve.

timosman
12-19-2016, 09:39 PM
What kind of degrees can you get at the Electoral College? Or is it all just Political Science?

You are such a charmer. :rolleyes:

GunnyFreedom
12-19-2016, 09:53 PM
Those are both two cool very things that happened today. I am approve.

Just found out the guy who voted RP is a good friend of mine came out of NC. Came up together from 2007. Kept at it with us every single year, didn't miss a convention. Always fought the good fight. This is perfect. Just friggin perfect. :D

RJ Liberty
12-19-2016, 09:59 PM
Wow! That's awesome!

parocks
12-19-2016, 11:20 PM
Just found out the guy who voted RP is a good friend of mine came out of NC. Came up together from 2007. Kept at it with us every single year, didn't miss a convention. Always fought the good fight. This is perfect. Just friggin perfect. :D

Great!

eleganz
12-19-2016, 11:58 PM
The elector that voted for Ron Paul, forum member?

Great day for liberty movement and RPF!

Can we officially designate 12/19 as Ron Paul's Revenge day?

enhanced_deficit
12-20-2016, 01:08 AM
Developing: More Electors Attempted to Defect From Clinton Than Trump

Despite shaming, Trump officially became president-elect

By Ashe Schow • 12/19/16 6:47pm

By my current count (http://www.latimes.com/nation/politics/trailguide/la-na-trailguide-updates-no-trump-defections-yet-electoral-1482168761-htmlstory.html), four electors successfully defected from Clinton while only two defected from Trump. Another elector—from Colorado—was replaced after he cast his ballot against Clinton, as was one in Minnesota and an elector in Maine switched his ballot to Clinton after initially having his ballot declared invalid for voting for Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders. So that’s seven attempted or successful Clinton defections and only two Trump defections.

The two Trump defections came from Texas—one voted for Ohio Gov. John Kasich and another voted for Ron Paul (because, Texas).

Four of Clinton defectors came from Washington State. Three banded together and voted for former Secretary of State Colin Powell and the fourth voted for Native-American activists Faith Spotted Eagle. The defectors in Colorado and Minnesota tried to vote for Sanders, but were replaced by electors who would vote for Clinton, as is allowed under state law.

http://observer.com/2016/12/developi...on-than-trump/ (http://observer.com/2016/12/developing-more-electors-attempted-to-defect-from-clinton-than-trump/)

Geniuses in media again caught by "surprise" having spent so much time in recent weeks talking up one side's defection with ZERO speculation about the other side's.

Jan2017
12-20-2016, 01:31 AM
By my current count four electors successfully defected from Clinton while only two defected from Trump. ... So that’s seven attempted or successful Clinton defections and only two Trump defections.

The two Trump defections came from Texas—one voted for Ohio Gov. John Kasich and another voted for Ron Paul.

The defectors in Colorado and Minnesota tried to vote for Sanders, but were replaced by electors who would vote for Clinton, as is allowed under state law.

Geniuses in media again caught by "surprise" having spent so much time in recent weeks talking up one side's defection with ZERO speculation about the other side's.Thanks for the info.

msm journalism does not report - they try to make the news/narrative to what they want - there will not be coverage of these EC results by them

nobody's_hero
12-20-2016, 07:52 AM

That Bill Greene? Guy was really helpful and active in GA during the GOP state convention. Glad to see he is still fighting the good fight but man, Texas? He gets around. GA, NC, TX. Smart guy too.

He closed his Facebook page down a while back saying something about needing to lay low for a while (I paraphrase, his actual comment before he closed his page was not so shady, lol). I wonder if this was something to do with it. Maybe he didn't want hate messages and threats for doing something like this.

Athan
12-20-2016, 08:07 AM

Send our thanks and love bro!

Origanalist
12-20-2016, 10:33 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbDiqPUe4h8

Jamesiv1
12-20-2016, 11:35 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbDiqPUe4h8
You guys please excuse me for a little bit while I run a fresh bath of salty tears.

Jamesiv1
12-20-2016, 12:10 PM
//

devil21
12-20-2016, 01:44 PM
oops repost

dannno
12-20-2016, 02:14 PM
He closed his Facebook page down a while back saying something about needing to lay low for a while (I paraphrase, his actual comment before he closed his page was not so shady, lol). I wonder if this was something to do with it. Maybe he didn't want hate messages and threats for doing something like this.

It sounds like he was secret squirreling, he didn't want the establishment to easily get wind of his Ron Paul support because he thought they might try and take away his delegacy.

nobody's_hero
12-20-2016, 04:04 PM
It sounds like he was secret squirreling, he didn't want the establishment to easily get wind of his Ron Paul support because he thought they might try and take away his delegacy.

Most likely.

KEEF
12-20-2016, 04:18 PM
Awesome! Pay the brother on the back.