PDA

View Full Version : the january 10th debate with fox. BUY TICKETS NOW!

garrettwombat
12-09-2007, 07:44 PM
PEOPLE WE HAVE TO GET THESE TICKETS BOUGHT UP ASAP

remember how important these debates are, and this one is a fox one so we have to make our presence strong... i live in Georgia and im trying to get my tickets... so anyone around south carolina or in the states near it, please buy these up... we need as many Ron paul people in the building as we can get.

https://secure.donationreport.com/productlist.html (this link will break every so often so use the one below if it is)

http://www.scgop.com/Calendar/Detail.aspx?EventID=8500

make sure everyone in the area of SC also signs up at http://luntz.com/
for his study groups he does with fox... there is a link on the right.
just make sure you put stuff thats not leading towards a RP supporter.

and also, can we get this stickied or put on the dailypaul?

devil21
12-09-2007, 07:49 PM
Wow $150 each? Ill think about it. It would be fun though...

bbachtung
12-09-2007, 07:49 PM
Bump.

EvilEngineer
12-09-2007, 07:50 PM
I think it would be more interesting to buy all the tickets and as a protest to fox... leave them empty on the night of the debate.

Shellshock1918
12-09-2007, 07:51 PM
I think it would be more interesting to buy all the tickets and as a protest to fox... leave them empty on the night of the debate.

ROFL! Good idea!

devil21
12-09-2007, 07:52 PM

Good idea! Hey llepard, got another 100 grand sitting around you don't need? lol

FireofLiberty
12-09-2007, 07:52 PM
They'd just fill the empty seats.

bgoldwater
12-09-2007, 07:53 PM
Let's start a bidding war on the tickets, so Romney will waster all his money on these tickets. Since the only reason he has support is because he buys it.

yongrel
12-09-2007, 07:54 PM
I would if I could, but I've barely got enough money to cover the 16th, let alone a roadtrip and a seat.

devil21
12-09-2007, 07:56 PM
I dont see any confirmation that RP will be invited though. Will find out and report back.

EDIT: emailed about confirmed candidates and if any minimum polling requirements.

me3
12-09-2007, 07:57 PM
You can always go and boo the other candidates! :D :p

haaaylee
12-09-2007, 07:59 PM
a rich ron paul fan should buy at least 50% of the seats and give them to other ron paul supporters who can't afford this. or sell at a smaller price.

OferNave
12-09-2007, 08:02 PM
It would rock if we could fill the seats. Does someone want to step up and take responsibility for promoting this? We should know how many tickets are available, have people post here when they buy their ticket so we can track our status, and reconvene for discussion if we're not getting good enough adoption.

jmcmsu
12-09-2007, 08:04 PM
somebody should get this posted up on dailypaul.com and other forums. I'd love to see a huge pro RP crowd at the event. Remember, don't let them know you are an RP supporter when you buy the tickets or they might try and limit our numbers of deny us access to the debate.

OferNave
12-09-2007, 08:04 PM
I think we should first encourage everyone to buy their own ticket, then see where we stand. It's too easy and tempting to advantage of someone's generosity. If it comes down to need donations, the most fair outcome would be reached by individuals going out on their own to raise the necessary funds from friends, family, or people in the movement they've established trust with.

angelatc
12-09-2007, 08:06 PM
Wow $150 each? Ill think about it. It would be fun though...

Just sign up as a Romney supporter and your tickets will probably arrive in the mailbox. :)

devil21
12-09-2007, 08:12 PM
Just received this response from Sunny. That was fast!

"The candidate list has yet to be confirmed. Stay tuned over the next few weeks for an official announcement.

Thanks.

Sunny"

ursamajor
12-09-2007, 08:24 PM
How do we actually buy them? Call the number on that page?

garrettwombat
12-09-2007, 08:26 PM
wow if ron paul is not invited we could still buy up all the tickets and not go... that would look way better... than if he is there and no one goes...

or..
if ron paul isnt invited,
we all go and we just boo everything everyone says constantly

garrettwombat
12-09-2007, 08:27 PM
How do we actually buy them? Call the number on that page?

yeah or email.

Matthew Zak
12-09-2007, 08:27 PM
I can imagine watching this debate, and hearing a polite, ocean wave-sounding applause when a candidate says something the crowd agrees with, and then hearing a roaring, out-of-control cheer for Ron Paul when he says anything. That would make for some extremely fun videos on the future. :)

garrettwombat
12-09-2007, 08:36 PM
yeah we really need to get these bought up people... how can we get this on the daily paul?

https://secure.donationreport.com/productlist.html

devil21
12-09-2007, 08:47 PM
The venue holds 2500 people. The tone of the email I received sounds like they have already sold a bunch of them, probably to the campaigns.

RPsupporterAtHeart
12-09-2007, 09:58 PM
The venus holds 2500 people. The tone of the email I received sounds like they have already sold a bunch of them, probably to the campaigns.

One would think that live national debates would be a very important place for the RP campaign to spend some of it's volunteer earned cash. Even Ron Paul made mention about the last debate how guys like Guliani were given more tickets.

If the tea party money bomb brings in even close to $4-5million dollars that this campaign otherwise would never have seen, they should buy 1000-1500 tickets (150k) and give them to their supporters. Then hold a massive rally after the debate for all live news coverage to see.

(if that is legal at all, I'm not that well versed in the political rules in the States.)

justinc.1089
12-09-2007, 10:02 PM
I dont see any confirmation that RP will be invited though. Will find out and report back.

EDIT: emailed about confirmed candidates and if any minimum polling requirements.

We hear in the sc horry county meetup don't have confirmation that he will be there either. From what I've heard it sounds like they may be trying to pull something with this one because there is talk of not allowing some candidates due to "limited stage space."

Most of us in my meetup are waiting to get tickets until we know Paul will be there.

justinc.1089
12-09-2007, 10:05 PM
Just sign up as a Romney supporter and your tickets will probably arrive in the mailbox. :)

Perhaps even with some gas and food money too lol!

garrettwombat
12-09-2007, 10:07 PM
We hear in the sc horry county meetup don't have confirmation that he will be there either. From what I've heard it sounds like they may be trying to pull something with this one because there is talk of not allowing some candidates due to "limited stage space."

Most of us in my meetup are waiting to get tickets until we know Paul will be there.

i know its a lot of money but im going to go ahead and try to buy mine, who knows how long these tickets will be available and im sure i can sell it if paul isnt going for the same price i bought it for or even more.

i might even go just to mess with people and boo them and get kicked out if paul isnt invited

bgoldwater
12-09-2007, 10:09 PM
In every other debate when we are outnumbered in the audience, we make the biggest noise.

EvilEngineer
12-09-2007, 10:10 PM
Well.. we need to flood the spin room, and the "focus " group this time around.

garrettwombat
12-09-2007, 10:14 PM
yeah everyone in SC, GA, TN, NC, and all other states nearby make sure you sign up for franks phoney study groups at http://luntz.com/

on the right there is a thing to sign up at it... just make sure you say nothing about Ron paul... and just talk like your a rudy supporter or a huck supporter or your undecided.

and in the survey make sure you put you voted for bush or someone else of the neocon family

JMO
12-09-2007, 10:14 PM

Here is my suggestion. Everyone show up, everyone stand in the lobby, then when the MC says "The next question is for Ron Paul" everyone do a mad dash for their seats, then after Ron Paul answers his question everyone get up and walk back to the lobby until again the MC says "The next question is for Ron Paul" then repeat

justinc.1089
12-09-2007, 10:18 PM
yeah everyone in SC, GA, TN, NC, and all other states nearby make sure you sign up for franks phoney study groups at http://luntz.com/

on the right there is a thing to sign up at it... just make sure you say nothing about Ron paul... and just talk like your a rudy supporter or a huck supporter or your undecided.

Great plan I'm doing it right now, and you guys have convinced me to buy a ticket even with the risk of Paul not being there.

But I'm confident he will be there, or there won't be a debate, because if they keep Paul out they must keep out McCain and Thompson too, and also they would be keeping out the candidate with the best fundraising this quarter.

I might go in disguise as a Giuliani, Romney, or Huckabee supporter though lol! Think that might be a good idea?

Revolutn
12-09-2007, 10:18 PM
Here is my suggestion. Everyone show up, everyone stand in the lobby, then when the MC says "The next question is for Ron Paul" everyone do a mad dash for their seats, then after Ron Paul answers his question everyone get up and walk back to the lobby until again the MC says "The next question is for Ron Paul" then repeat

LMFAO!

Now that would be hilarious. :D

Probably wouldn't play well in the press but.....hilarious to visualize.

dvictr
12-09-2007, 10:22 PM
is the link broken?

garrettwombat
12-09-2007, 10:25 PM
is the link broken?

fixed

OferNave
12-10-2007, 03:30 AM

Hilarious... but I'd rather you guys stay in and boo when a candidate says something really bad. Not all the time, that's too annoying and a dead give away, but when it is truly warranted (let the harmless stuff slide).

I love the image of seeing all the top tier candidates getting booed on national television.

ionlyknowy
12-10-2007, 03:31 AM
can someone buy the tickets and then give them to other people actually near the debate?

garrettwombat
12-10-2007, 06:37 AM
can someone buy the tickets and then give them to other people actually near the debate?

i dunno how it works, they may put your name on the ticket which would mean you cant sell it later unless they dont look at the ticket.

but if you know your buying it for someone just put all there information in when checking out except your billing info.

troyd1
12-10-2007, 07:06 AM

and in the survey make sure you put you voted for bush or someone else of the neocon family

And at the end, you can say the debate changed you into a Ron Paul supporter.

troyd1
12-10-2007, 07:08 AM
He only gets one or two questions so that would not be much movement unfortunately.

Rex
12-10-2007, 07:44 AM
Wow I wish they did these debates near me!

Bigboyen
12-10-2007, 08:02 AM
The debate is after Iowa and NH. So I guess it's unsure how many candidates left in the race. McCain has almost said he is out of the race if he don't win NH and who knows what Romney will do if he can't win either of the primaries.

I will think both Thompson and Huckabee will stay in the race to South Carolina no matter the results in Iowa and NH. And Rudy will stay in past Super Tuesday no matter what.