PDA

View Full Version : Donald Trump promises Syrian safe zones

juleswin
12-17-2016, 07:38 AM
By Reuters
17 DECEMBER 2016 • 3:58AM

U.S. President-elect Donald Trump said on Friday his administration would build "safe zones" to try to help civilians trapped in Syria's bloody conflict, an idea that President Barack Obama said would be too hard to enforce.

Mr Trump and Mr Obama spoke separately of the conflict after efforts to evacuate civilians from the city of Aleppo ground to a halt on Friday after weeks of bombardments by the Syrian army.

"We're going to try and patch that up and we're going to try and help people," said Mr Trump, who takes over from Obama on Jan. 20.
"We're going to build safe zones," he told supporters at a rally in Florida. "We're going to get the Gulf States to pay for the safe zones."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/12/17/donald-trump-promises-syrian-safe-zones/

The bolded part is what has always scared me with Trump. He has a history of wanting to "help" people, he wants to help people get medical care by supporting universal healthcare, he wants to help the poor by getting the rich to pay more taxes, he wants to help the unemployed by promoting protectionist policies and now he wants to help the Syrian chicken by inviting the wolf into their cages.

I have a feeling that he has now been briefed that Israel is supportive of the Syrian rebellion and it is time for him to support the terrorist fueled rebellion.But again, I will just fill this off as just him talking and I will wait and see if he actually goes through with it.

God help us all.

enhanced_deficit
12-17-2016, 07:49 AM
"We're going to try and patch that up and we're going to try and help people," said Mr Trump, who takes over from Obama on Jan. 20.
"We're going to build safe zones," he told supporters at a rally in Florida. "We're going to get the Gulf States to pay for the safe zones."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/12/17/donald-trump-promises-syrian-safe-zones/

The bolded part is what has always scared me with Trump. He has a history of wanting to "help" people, he wants to help people get medical care by supporting universal healthcare, he wants to help the poor by getting the rich to pay more taxes, he wants to help the unemployed by promoting protectionist policies and now he wants to help the Syrian chicken by inviting the wolf into their cages.

I have a feeling that he has now been briefed that Israel is supportive of the Syrian rebellion and it is time for him to support the terrorist fueled rebellion.But again, I will just fill this off as just him talking and I will wait and see if he actually goes through with it.

God help us all.

EM.

What scares you more, Obama's actual current Syria policy or Trump's projected future Syria policy?

Also, are you implying that Obama was supporting terrorists in Syria because that's what Israel wanted?

Aleppo: Obama Jihaddis Final Buh-Bye (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?505423-Aleppo-Obama-Jihaddis-Final-Buh-Bye-%29&)

dean.engelhardt
12-17-2016, 07:57 AM
Looks like imperial building is alive and well. Suppose Russia decides to make a safe zone in the US by taking over Alabama? Take of war for sure. But the US thinks it can go into Syria and do the same thing.

Hopefully Rand will stand up and tell him that he cannot invade Syria without the congress making a declaration of war.

juleswin
12-17-2016, 08:06 AM
Looks like imperial building is alive and well. Suppose Russia decides to make a safe zone in the US by taking over Alabama? Take of war for sure. But the US thinks it can go into Syria and do the same thing.

Hopefully Rand will stand up and tell him that he cannot invade Syria without the congress making a declaration of war.

Rand is not much of a help either. Yes, he doesn't want to help the Jihadists fighting the Syrian govt, instead he wants to arm the kurds to fight ISIS and eventually the Syrian and Iraqi government in order to divide up the country for his set of fighters.

I would like to ask him what he thinks about Russia coming to the US to help carve out the oil producing region of the US for Russian supporters in the US. Even the staunchest anarchist would have a problem with that.

I still hope Trump throws a nasty last minute curve ball at them but I have a feeling he would throw a fast ball at his supporters that wanted him to work with the Russians(and by proxy work with the Syrian govt) not the gulf states.

juleswin
12-17-2016, 08:07 AM
EM.

What scares you more, Obama's actual current Syria policy or Trump's projected future Syria policy?

Also, are you implying that Obama was supporting terrorists in Syria because that's what Israel wanted?

Aleppo: Obama Jihaddis Final Buh-Bye (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?505423-Aleppo-Obama-Jihaddis-Final-Buh-Bye-%29&)

I said that he is trying to work the wolf to protect the chicken and you are really asking me why I have a problem with that?

Origanalist
12-17-2016, 08:21 AM
By Reuters
17 DECEMBER 2016 • 3:58AM

U.S. President-elect Donald Trump said on Friday his administration would build "safe zones" to try to help civilians trapped in Syria's bloody conflict, an idea that President Barack Obama said would be too hard to enforce.

Mr Trump and Mr Obama spoke separately of the conflict after efforts to evacuate civilians from the city of Aleppo ground to a halt on Friday after weeks of bombardments by the Syrian army.

The road to hell is paved with good intentions. I hope he realizes the folly of this before engaging anything more than his mouth.

enhanced_deficit
12-17-2016, 08:22 AM
I said that he is trying to work the wolf to protect the chicken and you are really asking me why I have a problem with that?

Often times, his rhetoric at public rallies probably is not a good translation of his actual plans that he seems to want to keep private. Otherwise you shoulld expect him to try Hillary and "lock her up".. and you probably don't.

But I did not have a problem with you getting scared about a Trump statement, just wanted to better undersatnd your views on this issue.