PDA

View Full Version : Assange interview: "Our source is not the Russian government"

Brian4Liberty
12-16-2016, 02:28 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6qlc3lStM4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6qlc3lStM4

Assange: "Our source is not the Russian government."

Hannity: "Let me be clear, Russia did not give you the Podesta documents or anything from the DNC?"

Assange: "That's correct."

Schifference
12-16-2016, 02:42 PM
Obama says it is.

jllundqu
12-16-2016, 02:49 PM
None of these morons ever heard of a proxy server? lol

FSP-Rebel
12-16-2016, 03:17 PM
If anyone would've told me 8 yrs ago that Sean would eventually hold a cordial yet epic interview w/ Julian Assange about government corruption, I would've told them to gtfo. I'm not one for lengthy interviews but this one sucked me right in.

pcosmar
12-16-2016, 03:56 PM
If anyone would've told me 8 yrs ago that Sean would eventually hold a cordial yet epic interview w/ Julian Assange about government corruption, I would've told them to gtfo. I'm not one for lengthy interviews but this one sucked me right in.

Yup,,, Hypocrisy on arrogant display.

Loved the interview though.

dannno
12-16-2016, 04:08 PM
Assange already told us who the leak came from.

Hints:

1) He worked for the DNC

2) He was murdered (official story is he was "mugged", but nothing was stolen)

Mordan
12-16-2016, 04:37 PM
Assange already told us who the leak came from.

Hints:

1) He worked for the DNC

2) He was murdered (official story is he was "mugged", but nothing was stolen)

shhh.. that's a fake possibility. Listen to Obama

eleganz
12-16-2016, 06:30 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6qlc3lStM4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6qlc3lStM4

Damn that was a great interview, a lot revealed. Cannot get over how Hannity kept trying to get Assange to admit that he wouldn't do anything to harm covert operatives and Assange just shut him down, lmao. Hannity is such a little F.

pcosmar
12-16-2016, 09:14 PM
Listen to Obama

Listen to Wikileaks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rXPrfnU3G0

as for SHanity,, I agree with the snowball

AZJoe
12-16-2016, 09:20 PM
That was a good interview.
Still find Hannity annoying, but very informative.

pcosmar
12-16-2016, 09:42 PM
That was a good interview.
Still find Hannity annoying, but very informative.

It was. despite Hannity.. Julian took control of that.. as only a genius talking to a moron can.

charrob
12-16-2016, 09:46 PM
Intelligence services in all countries (including our own) hack each other's government computers to find information; isn't that their job?

So just because they can trace hacking back to an IP address does not necessarily mean the person (or organization if it's a proxy) at that IP address actually did anything with the information that they read.

It just sounds like two separate things happened:

Intelligence services in other countries, including Russia, hacked into the DNC/Podesta emails and simply read the information.
A U.S. citizen in this country with legitimate access to the DNC/Podesta emails leaked internal documents to WikiLeaks.

Couldn't these be two separate things? If Russia hacked and read files, why does that necessarily mean that they also are the source of the WikiLeaks?

CPUd
12-16-2016, 09:57 PM
Intelligence services in all countries (including our own) hack each other's government computers to find information; isn't that their job?

So just because they can trace hacking back to an IP address does not necessarily mean the person (or organization if it's a proxy) at that IP address actually did anything with the information that they read.

It just sounds like two separate things happened:

Intelligence services in other countries, including Russia, hacked into the DNC/Podesta emails and simply read the information.
A U.S. citizen in this country with legitimate access to the DNC/Podesta emails leaked internal documents to WikiLeaks.

Couldn't these be two separate things? If Russia hacked and read files, why does that necessarily mean that they also are the source of the WikiLeaks?

Yes, there are multiple issues/events being conflated into one.

Govt intel services in general will use more than just an IP to identify an attacker, usually involves more than just passive analysis.

charrob
12-16-2016, 10:25 PM
Govt intel services in general will use more than just an IP to identify an attacker, usually involves more than just passive analysis.

I can't help but be curious what other ways they would use?

pcosmar
12-16-2016, 10:33 PM

I can't help wonder why the US Govt would use less security than me?

charrob
12-16-2016, 10:37 PM
I can't help wonder why the US Govt would use less security than me?

Good point! :)

PatriotOne
12-16-2016, 11:09 PM
Was this what Assange was alluding to re: Graham?

http://static.caintv.com/56dba977f8Capture.PNG

specsaregood
12-16-2016, 11:35 PM
Yes, there are multiple issues/events being conflated into one.

yes of course, this knowledge is obviously based on your years of experience in the govt intel sector.

CPUd
12-16-2016, 11:44 PM

It depends on the nature of the attack. They could probe the host to see if it is a known proxy/vpn. If so, they might try to get the server logs by sending suits to their door, or break into their service. If they are able to sit on one of the routers, they have access to the link layer, which gives them visibility into a whole group of protocols that carry information including the hardware being used, partial routing and where/how the attacker's machine got its IP address. The method of attack is also a valuable clue; there's only so many ways someone can change up without leaving footprints. They run honeypots to study stuff like this.

pcosmar
12-17-2016, 01:20 AM
yes of course, this knowledge is obviously based on your years of experience in the govt intel sector.

Specs,, (a soft spot I know) but govt contracts and uses (except for any real security) windows.
I know this because the Air Force switched to Firefox because of IE failings. And CERT documented it.
several Cert warnings actually.. Horribly insecure.. got the nickname internet exploder for good reason.

and a windo$e fanboy is going to talk about Govt experience.

I like you specs,, but seriously?

brandon
12-17-2016, 01:38 AM
//

Mordan
12-17-2016, 06:36 AM
It was. despite Hannity.. Julian took control of that.. as only a genius talking to a moron can.

stop insulting people.. Give Hannity a chance. You would deserve another neg rep for that.

pcosmar
12-17-2016, 10:15 AM
stop insulting people.. Give Hannity a chance. You would deserve another neg rep for that.

Hannity is an ass. A propaganda spewing whore. and obviously has no use for truth..

His blatant hypocrisy was Epic..

Julian owned that interview.

Mordan
12-17-2016, 01:20 PM
Hannity is an ass. A propaganda spewing whore. and obviously has no use for truth..

His blatant hypocrisy was Epic..

Julian owned that interview.

Hannity gave Assange a great interview and was very polite with Assange. Why do you attack Hannity? Do you see any other big media figures making such interviews??????????

You are a (mod edit)

PS: I didn't like Hannity in 2008. But I am not throwing stone like a (mod edit)

Champ
12-17-2016, 06:46 PM
Hannity gave Assange a great interview and was very polite with Assange. Why do you attack Hannity? Do you see any other big media figures making such interviews??????????

You are a (mod edit)

PS: I didn't like Hannity in 2008. But I am not throwing stone like a (mod edit)

Yup, pretty much this. I despised Hannity and all of the other Fox News pundit drones in both 2008 and 2012. In October-November 2016, Hannity was one of the only people on television msm covering the wikileaks every night and still does. I understand the hate because of the way he treated RP and cheerleaded the neocons constantly, but it seems like he has been trying to make amends and be one of the few voices standing up for Assange and Wikileaks, which is something we need more of.

Don't get me wrong, I'm waiting for the moment when he supports any and all of Trumps foreign policy agendas no matter how intense the war crimes are with the rest of the neocons. As soon as wikileaks releases damning evidence against the Repups I won't be surprised at all when he folds and resumes attacking them. Until that day arrives, I'm happy to occasionally be shocked by the turnaround this guy has made in recent times.

CPUd
12-17-2016, 06:54 PM
he's coming around?