PDA

View Full Version : CC3 English Captioning Works For Me

ilovemypitbull
12-09-2007, 07:08 PM
I couldn't get the English Captioning to work with direct tv, but it works fine with my old fashioned over the air signal and Tivo (set to CC3). I'm an hour behind here in the Mountain time zone (debate just started), but would people like me to post the CC3 English Captions for Ron Paul as they happen?

Geronimo
12-09-2007, 07:09 PM
I couldn't get the English Captioning to work with direct tv, but it works fine with my old fashioned over the air signal and Tivo (set to CC3). I'm an hour behind here in the Mountain time zone (debate just started), but would people like me to post the CC3 English Captions for Ron Paul as they happen?

Yes! Please do that if you could be so kind.

Chester Copperpot
12-09-2007, 07:10 PM
Ron Paul took some real MAJOR MAJOR boos earlier when they were discussing Hugo Chavez and Venezuela.. Id like to know what he was saying.

Jon S
12-09-2007, 07:11 PM
yea i found cc3 too. its kinda lame cuz the translations are off. they switch around the words and spell a lot of things wrong. like guarantee = gay run tee. just like that. its weird and hard to undertand

ilovemypitbull
12-09-2007, 07:12 PM
Introduction (more was said than this, but it's all that was translated):

Ron Paul is a Texas Representative.
He practiced as an OB/GYN.
He obtained his medical degree at Duke University.
He's married. He has 5 children and 17 grandchildren.

ilovemypitbull
12-09-2007, 07:29 PM
Question

President Bush received 40% of the Hispanic vote. But in the conventional elections last year only 30% of Hispanics voted Republican. So the question is to what do you attribute the declining support among Hispanics to Republicans?

Ron Paul:

If anybody votes with the Republican party, they're voting for conservative values.They're voting for less Government.,In the year 2000 we ran on a pro peace policy. We were condemning Clinton for warmongering, and we did exactly the opposite. Now we're mired down in the Middle East,. Hispanics are tired of their pro peace. Americans should be pro peace not pro war. We're neglecting out here. We're bombing and building our bridges overseas, but we're neglecting ours here. They want change with our budget. We're supposed to be the fiscal conservatives. We're not. They want a party just like everyone else. This is why we lost the election last year is it's because we didn't and on our principle of pro-peace and pro-liberty and pro-America.

(These really stink! But that's what the subtitles really said.)

Geronimo
12-09-2007, 07:31 PM
Thanks. Keep up the good work!

SonicInfinity
12-09-2007, 07:34 PM
Somebody with Tivo AND CC3 captioning? Please tell me you're uploading the Ron Paul parts (or even the whole debate if you have the time) on YouTube.

ilovemypitbull
12-09-2007, 07:39 PM
Question: Do you think there would be a practical value of making English the official language in this country?

Ron Paul: It's practical because we can all understand each other. I sometimes think that those who attack bilingualism are jealous. We have authority over all federal government. When it comes to bilingualism in our school or our state, under our Constitution the states can decide that. But under the conditions that we have today, I think it is good and and proper to have one language which would be English for all legal matters at the national level. But this doesn't preclude bilingualism or whatever in private use or in education or in local government.

ilovemypitbull
12-09-2007, 07:39 PM
I have absolutely no idea how to upload Tivoed videos to Youtube, but I will try to convince my husband to let me keep this on the Tivo until I figure it out :-)

ilovemypitbull
12-09-2007, 07:53 PM
Question: The vast majority of Hispanic, four out of five, are either legal residents or American citizen, and many of them feel by the negative tone of the immigration debate. What would you do to curve this anti-Hispanic sentiment?

Ron Paul: Well, one thing is if we want to prevent more negative tone, we won't be working on a tamper proof ID, because how can you have a tamper proof ID for illegals or immigrants, without doing it to everyone else? That's going to lead to a National ID Card, which I absolutely oppose.
When the economy is weakening and there's resentment because of our welfare system. Our pay is going down. There's a lot of resentment, because the welfare system is based on federal mandates to put pressure on states to provide services that local taxpayers resent. It's an economic issue too.

[Then talks about having a sound dollar and not wasting money overseas, but the translation on this was seriously fouled up]

ilovemypitbull
12-09-2007, 08:03 PM
Question: If you were elected President, how would you deal with Chavez?

Ron Paul: He's not the easiest person we deal with. We should deal with everyone [in the same way] with trading and talking to people. (note: This is where they start booing) We talked to Stalin. We talked to Kruschev. [We talked to Mao.] And we get along with people. (Really loud boos. McCain laughs.) Actually, I believe we're at a time where we're going to trade and travel to Cuba. But let me tell you why we have a problem in South and Central America. Because we've been involved in their international affairs for so long. (Some cheers.) We have been meddling in their business. We create the Chavez's of the world. We create the Castro's of the world by interfering... [unintelligible]. (Boos)

ilovemypitbull
12-09-2007, 08:19 PM
Question for all: How would you convince Hispanics that we should stay in Iraq?

Question for Ron Paul: You have a different point of view, don't you?

Ron Paul: I do. I definitely have a different point of view because we weren't justified in going over there. We did not declare the war. And I would say to the Hispanics that believe we ought to come home. I would say -- let's come home as soon as possible. You may ask the question, why is it that I have a different policy. Because I adhere to the Constitution. Why is it then that I get the most money as a candidate for president from active duty military personnel? They're tired of it too. We have a de facto draft. These men have been called time and time again. They have been over there two and three times. They don't see an end in sight. We're going through the same argument. The light at the end of the tunnel. We did this in the 1960s. And we finally left Vietnam tragically. We do much better in peace. What we achieve in peace, we couldn't achieve in war.

ilovemypitbull
12-09-2007, 08:32 PM
Question: What role will Hispanics play in the development of nation and our society?

Ron Paul: The most important thing Hispanics can do is what all Americans do is join us in our effort to restore our Constitution in our great country. We have lost our way. We have deserted our traditions, our foreign policy, our economic policy, our educational policy, our monetary [policy]. This country is looking for help. And people are joining us now to restore this. This is not a Hispanic issue. It's an American issue. We want rule of law. We have to restore the Constitution. We have to read it and understand it and what it means to be free in this country once again.

(That's it! I hope this was helpful to you all.)

Geronimo
12-09-2007, 08:34 PM
Question: What role will Hispanics play in the development of nation and our society?

Ron Paul: The most important thing Hispanics can do is what all Americans do is join us in our effort to restore our Constitution in our great country. We have lost our way. We have deserted our traditions, our foreign policy, our economic policy, our educational policy, our monetary [policy]. This country is looking for help. And people are joining us now to restore this. This is not a Hispanic issue. It's an American issue. We want rule of law. We have to restore the Constitution. We have to read it and understand it and what it means to be free in this country once again.

(That's it! I hope this was helpful to you all.)

Thanks very much!

Chester Copperpot
12-09-2007, 08:37 PM

Ron Paul: He's not the easiest person we deal with. We should deal with everyone [in the same way] with trading and talking to people. (note: This is where they start booing) We talked to Stalin. We talked to Kruschev. [We talked to Mao.] And we get along with people. (Really loud boos. McCain laughs.) Actually, I believe we're at a time where we're going to trade and travel to Cuba. But let me tell you why we have a problem in South and Central America. Because we've been involved in their international affairs for so long. (Some cheers.) We have been meddling in their business. We create the Chavez's of the world. We create the Castro's of the world by interfering... [unintelligible]. (Boos)

By Jove, hes 100% right with that (again)...

Chester Copperpot
12-09-2007, 08:39 PM

YEs thank you very much for your transcription and translation.