PDA

View Full Version : Let's Put On A Show

bunklocoempire
12-13-2016, 03:43 PM
I was sitting on this post for a while... no wonder my ass hurts.
The Keith Olberman basement tape (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?505322-Keith-Olberman-finally-goes-over-the-edge) finally coaxed it out of me.
Frickin' Originalist.;)

Please watch the whole video. At around 14:00 and following, we hear "A little bit of humor wouldn't be a bad way to go on this..." Dr. Ron Paul wants to crack down on the fake news (who doesn't?), and that's good enough for me to float this post.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ZRQnx5xW0E

I would like to collaborate with others to produce an internet-based, liberty-focused, comedy variety info-show utilizing green screens for effect and greater participation. Run time to be determined. First air date to be determined. Venue to be determined, etc. My own limited entertainment experience, and what I hope to contribute to this project is at the end of this post.

If I've missed a thread with a like minded idea, please point me to it. Thanks. If you do not want to collaborate, but have some advice, please do tell.

The non-aggression principle would be the underlying message of the show, and the importance of protecting the liberty of the individual would be clearly presented at some point in every show. The "love", in revolution, clearly stated, and an invite to all to rise above aggression as any sort of "solution".

The bulk of material would exist to mock the general idea of:
"Everything under the sky has certainly been tried, and I can predict the future, therefore I must force you to _______"
This is a source of endless material. Material that can be prepared in advance, because they will go there.

It would be great to kill many birds with one stone, and produce this thing in a way that might set an example for others, and might contribute to the internet in a liberty minded way. Everything Dr. Ron and Co mention day to day.
Coin is not expected, and coin is not the reason I feel the need to be involved with something like this, but if coin happens along and becomes available for some good causes, I won't complain.:D Any would be-contributors should make their own coin expectations/wishes known. More to talk about, with whoever becomes involved.

This project could use:

Whatever I missed -please correct my errors, oversights, and add your ideas.

Legal help/advice -the thought being, what's the other side saying these days in the empire of lies? I'd like to match it with truth. How far can we go with the mocking? SCTV used to just change some of the names...

Tech gurus -you'll help with video/sound standards, and ways for individuals to cheaply and efficiently meet the agreed tech standards, security standards/concerns.

Head producer, overlord -whip cracker/nag. "I need those files!"

Director(s) -someone appreciative of all artistic tools and methods. You have the script, now tell those characters with their green screens what video shots you want.

Writers, contributed ideas -short skits, medium length skits, single word skits, etc. Have an idea? Drop it in the suggestion box.

Artists -contribute your gif, meme, "matte painting", stock video, etc.

Editor(s) -video post production, sound post production, grammar nazis, continuity, etc.

Characters/thespians -ideally, you'll need a green screen set-up, a way to record yourself and send a file. Props & costumes/makeup a +. You got the balls to be directed by another RPFr/other, for the sake of truth? lol The REAL reason to do this.:p

Musicians -you'll need a way to record yourself and send a file.

Well spoken individuals -I imagine a couple of clear voices might be helpful for the straight stuff. Got a pretty face? I understand that helps sometimes.;)

Promoter, press agent -braggarts need apply.

Guest/talent booking -here's your chance to bother Dr. Ron Paul :D;)

Scribe, historian -know what has been done in the show and when.

Researchers -exploring angles, delivering ideas to build upon, myths to knock down, etc.

Boosters, booster-boosters -you boosting booster.

-----------

My own limited public entertainment experience, and what I hope to contribute to this project:

I was in some mandatory grade-school plays.
I was a drummer in a bar/party band for a couple of years. Impressive, I know.

I can commit to 8 hours a week to start. Impressive, I know.
I hope to participate in (as equipment and research allows) whatever needs to be done, and...

contributing ideas, gleaning ideas and giving credit where due
bad green screen acting, general bad acting
developing characters
developing show segments/reoccurring bits
collaborative writing
simple line animation
collaborative music
I've got a GoToMeeting account for up to 10 people for a meet and greet and more meetings down the road if or when it comes to it.

(I'm busy on Sunday mornings HST)

I realize this is not as easy as voting. :) This is a huge undertaking and I have no illusions about trying to take this on all by my lonesome. I have no idea what I am doing, but I am passionate about the idea of mocking bullshit in a creative way.

Please let me know publicly or privately if you are interested or have any questions or suggestions. Thanks for reading.

;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30yxHqSUva8

P3ter_Griffin
12-13-2016, 04:27 PM
That is a great idea. Reading that made me think of this video:

https://youtu.be/uHb6ppxoFcE

If watching it doesn't interest you: JuiceMedia (a YouTube media channel) used to host Rap News but the main performer left. Well.... essentially what I'm trying to get across is that I think the channel would be a good place to air your videos, and be very mutually beneficial.

Origanalist
12-14-2016, 08:38 AM
Where's Eduardo when you need him?? :confused::(

Dark_Horse_Rider
12-14-2016, 08:47 AM
Cool idea,

I would watch something like that and support where I could.

Son_of_Liberty90
12-14-2016, 01:23 PM
I'd be on board for this

bunklocoempire
12-15-2016, 02:04 PM
That is a great idea. Reading that made me think of this video:

https://youtu.be/uHb6ppxoFcE

If watching it doesn't interest you: JuiceMedia (a YouTube media channel) used to host Rap News but the main performer left. Well.... essentially what I'm trying to get across is that I think the channel would be a good place to air your videos, and be very mutually beneficial.

Thanks for posting. I've enjoyed a lot of their work. I'm not thrilled with the vagueness of NAP and individual property rights in the latest video. (Honest Government Advert - Dakota Access Pipeline)

If a YouTube channel(s) pick up future material, great, however, I'd like to avoid releasing any material first, on a centralized platform such as YouTube. (google)

It would be great to kill many birds with one stone, and produce this thing in a way that might set an example for others, and might contribute to the internet in a liberty minded way.

bunklocoempire
12-15-2016, 02:06 PM
Where's Eduardo when you need him?? :confused::(

Organizing a GOProud event? That one killed me. lol

That was Eduardo, wasn't it?

bunklocoempire
12-15-2016, 02:09 PM
Cool idea,

I would watch something like that and support where I could.

Thanks for your comment. Truth in comedy seems to be lacking in this empire.

bunklocoempire
12-15-2016, 02:10 PM
I'd be on board for this

I sure hope you consulted with google before replying...