PDA

View Full Version : Sanctuary Cities

Schifference
12-13-2016, 09:58 AM
The Federal Government should round up all illegals and drop them off in these havens.

P3ter_Griffin
12-13-2016, 03:23 PM
Freedumb!

I was reading about the Wisconsin constitutional convention the other day and it was clear at that time the federal government's role was in naturalization and, as it was put by one of the delegates at the convention, property rights were to be decided by the individual states.

ThePaleoLibertarian
12-13-2016, 03:26 PM
Sanctuary cities should have their federal money rescinded.

tod evans
12-13-2016, 03:43 PM

All cities should have their federal money rescinded.

12-13-2016, 04:05 PM

No need to if they really sent all the illegals there. They would drain their finances so bad, the liberals would be begging for the illegals to be deported.

It's a stupid idea either way. There is no need for sanctuary cities or deportation. Give all the illegals a green card and be done with it. Get them paying taxes but give them no entitlements until they complete the existing path to citzenship. Problem solved without a wall and without a gestapo to round up 10 million or whatever people.

Superfluous Man
12-13-2016, 04:31 PM

Yes.

As should non-sanctuary cities.

Superfluous Man
12-13-2016, 04:32 PM
No need to if they really sent all the illegals there. They would drain their finances so bad, the liberals would be begging for the illegals to be deported.

I doubt that. In fact, the rest of the country would probably suffer economically more than those sanctuary cities would on account of having been deprived of all those unlawful immigrants.

12-13-2016, 05:00 PM
I doubt that. In fact, the rest of the country would probably suffer economically more than those sanctuary cities would on account of having been deprived of all those unlawful immigrants.

Maybe, maybe not. The sanctuary cities would have to feed and shelter a sudden large influx of illegals. I doubt their budgets could absorb that. On the other hand the rest of the country would be deprived of the services the illegals provide. It could go either way. It certainly would be interesting. I still say the whole issue is stupid. If they want to come here to work, let them do it legally.

TheCount
12-13-2016, 05:58 PM
Maybe, maybe not. The sanctuary cities would have to feed and shelter a sudden large influx of illegals. I doubt their budgets could absorb that. They are already feeding and sheltering themselves. Why would that suddenly change?

12-13-2016, 06:34 PM
They are already feeding and sheltering themselves. Why would that suddenly change?

Because they were just forcibly removed from their source of income and shelter.

TheCount
12-13-2016, 06:37 PM

And in return, the inhabitants of sanctuary cities should rescind their federal money.

TheCount
12-13-2016, 06:39 PM
Because they were just forcibly removed from their source of income and shelter.

Oh, illegal immigrants couldn't possibly endure being removed from their income and shelter. That would definitely be outside of their experience.

12-13-2016, 07:58 PM
Oh, illegal immigrants couldn't possibly endure being removed from their income and shelter. That would definitely be outside of their experience.

These people generally have minimal means and savings. If you were to round them all up and jam into these sanctuary cities, they won't find work and shelter the next day. Somebody would have to feed and shelter them at least short term. Then you also have the problem of more laborers than jobs when you concentrate them into small pockets.

TheCount
12-13-2016, 08:26 PM
These people generally have minimal means and savings. If you were to round them all up and jam into these sanctuary cities, they won't find work and shelter the next day. Illegal immigrants definitely have never experienced arriving in a place with limited means and work.

I'm sure some enterprising entrepreneurs would see the opportunity afforded by the creation of these Federal-free American city states.