PDA

View Full Version : CNN's Zakaria Dismisses Terrorism Threat As 'Trivial' In U.S., More People 'Drown In Their Bat

timosman
12-11-2016, 08:40 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrZRlE2ffSA

Dr.No.
12-11-2016, 08:46 PM
I actually kind of agree and disagree with him.

Your chances of dying in an act of terrorism are incredibly, incredibly low. Yet we collectively worry about terrorism way more than we worry about those other things we can die from.

The only point I see in the other side is that terrorism has the potential to be devastating. We know that the terrorists want to acquire a nuclear weapon, and that they aren't going to be rational actors once they possess it (or at least, rational in our sense of the word...if you believe in paradise and martyrdom, it would be rational to use it, I guess). At that point, the threat becomes a very serious one.

timosman
12-11-2016, 09:16 PM
I actually kind of agree and disagree with him.

You can only do that if you ignore the last 15 years. More red?

Brian4Liberty
12-11-2016, 09:24 PM
Zakaria is nothing but a plagiarizing, globalist, CFR tool.

When it comes to immigration, don't fear terrorists. At the same time, you must bomb selected nations to prevent terrorism.

timosman
12-11-2016, 09:26 PM
Zakaria is nothing but a plagiarizing, globalist, CFR tool.

When it comes to immigration, don't fear terrorists. At the same time, you must bomb selected nations to prevent terrorism.

As long as you do not bring these two issues at the same time, where is the problem? :confused:

TheCount
12-12-2016, 12:11 AM
You can only do that if you ignore the last 15 years. More red?What about the last 15 years? Did people stop dying in their bathtubs?

enhanced_deficit
12-12-2016, 12:17 AM
So these are medical exams then?

http://thelibertarianrepublic.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/tsa_patdown.jpg
http://www.wnd.com/files/2013/02/TSA_screening.jpg

timosman
12-12-2016, 02:48 AM
So these are medical exams then?

http://thelibertarianrepublic.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/tsa_patdown.jpg
http://www.wnd.com/files/2013/02/TSA_screening.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1btg3mpEOc

dean.engelhardt
12-12-2016, 08:46 AM
"Don't shred the constitution. Don't sacrifice civil liberties because of this..."

I agree, but CNN is saying this now a Republican is taking office. Why have they not been saying this for the last 8 or 16 years. Can I trust the press that exposes abuses of civil liberties and the constitution depending on which party holds office?

oyarde
12-12-2016, 09:08 AM
"Don't shred the constitution. Don't sacrifice civil liberties because of this..."

I agree, but CNN is saying this now a Republican is taking office. Why have they not been saying this for the last 8 or 16 years. Can I trust the press that exposes abuses of civil liberties and the constitution depending on which party holds office?

They only care about violating civil liberties , war and murder if they are not doing it . Perfectly fine if they are .

oyarde
12-12-2016, 09:09 AM
Only people I have ever known to drown in bathtubs were helped along .

Origanalist
12-12-2016, 09:13 AM

No. Not any more than you can trust people who decried loss of liberty during Obama's presidency that now clamor for security under Trump.

timosman
12-12-2016, 09:58 AM
No. Not any more than you can trust people who decried loss of liberty during Obama's presidency that now clamor for security under Trump.

Are you going off on a tangent? :cool:

presence
12-12-2016, 10:08 AM
The average American is 100X more likely to be terrorized by a state LEO than they are by a islamic radical

don't talk on cell phone while driving else thump on head with stick = terrorism
don't speed else thump on head with stick = terrorism
don't do drugs else thump on head with stick = terrorism
don't renovate your home without a permit else thump on head with stick = terrorism
don't work without a license else thump on head with stick = terrorism
don't cross border without permission else thump on head with stick = terrorism
don't pay under minimum wage else thump on head with stick = terrorism
don't violate muh patent law else thump on head with stick = terrorism

pay taxes else thump on head with stick = terrorism

Origanalist
12-12-2016, 11:18 AM
Are you going off on a tangent? :cool:

If I do, you won't have to ask.

Valli6
12-12-2016, 12:37 PM
I find Zakaria's attempt at being rational just perverse!

I am not worried about getting killed in a terrorist attack. I'm fully aware that the odds are against it.
But I resent it when anyone is killed in a terrorist attack - particularly when it's due to elitist know-it-alls who are intentionally importing persons from countries where hating Americans is quite normal, and terrorists that murder westerners are often respected and praised.

Zakaria thinks that since those likely to be victims of a terrorist attack are most likely strangers to me, I shouldn't care! WTF?

I don't consider telling questionable non-citizens "No." is undoing the constitution.
As long as our government insists on paying and supporting people for life if they come here, there will be doubts about the motives of such persons.

AZJoe
12-12-2016, 01:20 PM
"Don't overreact. Don't shred the constitution"

He says some decent things, but unfortunately does not believe them. Where is Zakaria calling to end the TSA, and end the NSA.
Where is Zakaria calling to repeal the Patriot Act, and FISA courts, and FATCA, and on and on ..

timosman
12-12-2016, 02:39 PM
"Don't overreact. Don't shred the constitution"

He says some decent things, but unfortunately does not believe them. Where is Zakaria calling to end the TSA, and end the NSA.
Where is Zakaria calling to repeal the Patriot Act, and FISA courts, and FATCA, and on and on ..

Zakaria is an extreme sycophant.