PDA

View Full Version : Trump: I'm Smart. I Don't Need No Intelligence Briefings

Zippyjuan
12-11-2016, 06:07 PM
http://nypost.com/2016/12/11/trump-im-smart-i-dont-need-intelligence-briefings-everyday/

WASHINGTON – Donald Trump says he’s smarter than your average president — so he doesn’t need daily intelligence briefings.

“I get it when I need it,” Trump told “Fox News Sunday,” explaining that he refuses the opportunity to be briefed daily by security professionals on classified threats the way President Obama is.

“I’m, like, a smart person. I don’t have to be told the same thing in the same words every single day for the next eight years – could be eight years. … I don’t need that.”

The boastful Trump who once said he knows more than the generals about fighting ISIS said he trusts the three generals he’s nominated for his cabinet and vice president- Elect Mike Pence who receive intelligence briefings regularly.

More at link.

Doesn't want to be bothered with daily updates but maybe once a week or so.

angelatc
12-11-2016, 06:14 PM
He is probably right. He has advisors.

timosman
12-11-2016, 06:19 PM
These briefings do not work that well - Bin Ladin Determined To Strike in US (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bin_Ladin_Determined_To_Strike_in_US)

eleganz
12-11-2016, 06:19 PM
Tired of click baity misleading titles

nikcers
12-11-2016, 06:20 PM
Maybe he doesn't know that intelligence has nothing to do with smarts.

Dr.3D
12-11-2016, 06:52 PM
Maybe he doesn't know that intelligence has nothing to do with smarts.
Yeah, I've taken IQ tests and often wondered how I'd do on a smarts test.

:p

silverhandorder
12-11-2016, 07:48 PM
Triggering every day I am triggering the leftist mob. ~ God Emperor Trump

nikcers
12-11-2016, 07:48 PM
Yeah, I've taken IQ tests and often wondered how I'd do on a smarts test.

:p

I think IQ tests are about as close you can get to testing how smart you are. The difference is intelligence tends to be subjective. What IQ tests tell us is good only when comparing individuals ability to think. Intelligence means you have water, smarts means you can find it as long as you have the tools to do it. That being said, intelligent people specialize and become intellectuals, and then layman's think they are smart and can specialize in everything, Education systems designed to make us pass instead of learn how to think fostered this.

Jamesiv1
12-11-2016, 08:33 PM
Triggering every day I am triggering the leftist mob. ~ God Emperor Trump
Everyday I'm shufflin', not triggerin'

Dr.No.
12-11-2016, 08:47 PM
If something happens...this would be devastating for Trump. People would want to know what he was doing when it happened. They'll learn he was spending his time on apprentice rather than going to intelligence briefings...

tod evans
12-11-2016, 08:58 PM
That being said, intelligent people specialize and become intellectuals, and then layman's think they are smart and can specialize in everything,

This sentence speaks volumes all by itself. :rolleyes:

timosman
12-11-2016, 08:58 PM
If something happens...this would be devastating for Trump. People would want to know what he was doing when it happened. They'll learn he was spending his time on apprentice rather than going to intelligence briefings...

At least he can not be accused of ignoring an important memo - Bin Ladin Determined To Strike in US https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bin_Ladin_Determined_To_Strike_in_US

This is called plausible deniability and is played daily by everybody in power in this country. More red for you please.

Seraphim
12-11-2016, 09:06 PM
To be fair to Trump, I'd avoid daily CIA+NSA meetings as well.

nikcers
12-11-2016, 09:17 PM
At least he can not be accused of ignoring an important memo - Bin Ladin Determined To Strike in US https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bin_Ladin_Determined_To_Strike_in_US

This is called plausible deniability and is played daily by everybody in power in this country. More red for you please. Yep willful ignorance becomes plausible deniability with the power of the washing machine. Trump will be able spin us fantasies that we've never dreamed of when he is in power. Oh what adventures we will have. His approval ratings will be HUGE.

timosman
12-11-2016, 09:19 PM
To be fair to Trump, I'd avoid daily CIA+NSA meetings as well.

NSA is ok, but CIA I would definitely stay away from unless FBI is present and outnumbers them 2:1.

Seraphim
12-11-2016, 09:34 PM
NSA is ok, but CIA I would definitely stay away from unless FBI is present and outnumbers them 2:1.

Fair enough, lol.

NorthCarolinaLiberty
12-11-2016, 09:54 PM
Trump: I'm Smart. I Don't Need No Intelligence Briefings

This is the cheesy headline from the NY Post. Obviously not a quote, but entertainment.

And you're the one always railing on Alex Jones and cheering these newz sources.

NorthCarolinaLiberty
12-11-2016, 09:55 PM
Voted one star on the thread for ZippyJuan's progressive article from his liberal friends.

timosman
12-11-2016, 10:49 PM
Voted one star on the thread for ZippyJuan's progressive article from his liberal friends.

It looks like Zippy took over for CPUd. :rolleyes:

enhanced_deficit
12-11-2016, 11:49 PM
Is he even smarter that Colin Powell?

Powell has 300+ IQ and even he needed briefings to get to bottom of stockpiles of Iraq WMDs.

Obama and Hillary have combined IQ of 500 and even they needed briefings to find out why ISIS was spreading like wild fire from Iraq to Benghazi to Syria.

JK/SEA
12-12-2016, 10:28 AM
apparently most of these meetings are repetitive.

makes sense to alert the prez of any new findings or changes to the boogey-man report.

Working Poor
12-12-2016, 11:25 AM
After having spent more time on this than I really want I have been trying to boil it all down to a concentrate in my mind. What I have concluded is that all this election stuff is about a war between the CIA and the FBI. As for me I tend to have an iota more trust for the FBI as they are tasked with bringing down law breakers while on the other hand the CIA's function is to take down governments by spreading disinformation. If the CIA was about anarchy I might inclined to side with them but I know they are with the globalist every step of the way.

Jamesiv1
12-12-2016, 11:30 AM
apparently most of these meetings are repetitive.

makes sense to alert the prez of any new findings or changes to the boogey-man report.
Exactly.

Plus... who needs a CIA goon in your morning meeting every day trying to fill your head with disinformation???

Didn't somebody once say, "If you say it loud enough and often enough eventually they will believe it." ?

LibertyEagle
12-12-2016, 11:31 AM
http://nypost.com/2016/12/11/trump-im-smart-i-dont-need-intelligence-briefings-everyday/

More at link.

Doesn't want to be bothered with daily updates but maybe once a week or so.

No. What he said was that he wanted an update if something changed. Why would he want to spend his time getting the very same information spewed to him as he got the day before and the day before that, etc.

Makes total sense.

LibertyEagle
12-12-2016, 11:34 AM

He has already said that he will have 0 to do with the TV show.

Is it really necessary to lie about him?

Jamesiv1
12-12-2016, 11:35 AM
A guy who spent his career doing business instead of courting campaign donations knows that about 95% of the time spent in meetings has got nothing to do with doing business.

FunkBuddha
12-12-2016, 12:56 PM
IIWT (If I were Trump.) I'd have a pit in front of my desk in the oval office (like Jabba the Hutt) and I would insist that the person giving the intelligence briefing stand on the trap door. Below it, I'd have a pit of vipers. I'd drop the first 3 spooks for the L0Lz and tell everyone that I thought they were lying pieces of shit. I'd drop the 4th spook if he looked at me funny. Rinse and repeat until they start telling me what I want to hear... and when what I see happening in the world isn't what they're telling me(what I want to hear), I drop them in pit.

Eventually, they'll figure out who they work for.

Jamesiv1
12-12-2016, 01:03 PM
IIWT (If I were Trump.)
Whenever you are troubled, or have questions about your life just ask yourself....

WWTMAPDJDTD?

"What Would The Menacing And Powerful DJ DonMaster Trump Do?"

FunkBuddha
12-12-2016, 01:06 PM
Whenever you are troubled, or have questions about your life just ask yourself....

WWTMAPDJDTD?

"What Would The Menacing And Powerful DJ DonMaster Trump Do?"

Can I get that on a bracelet?

Zippyjuan
12-12-2016, 01:08 PM
I see it as indicative of his management style. He doesn't care about details. If there is a problem, he expects news to come from his subordinates (department heads). Then they will be responsible for figuring out what to do about the problem meaning they will really be running the show. He also does not like to hear bad news. This means he is likely to wait until there is a crisis to take action on anything rather than trying to anticipate and prevent them from occurring.

Jamesiv1
12-12-2016, 01:19 PM
I see it as indicative of his management style. He doesn't care about details. If there is a problem, he expects news to come from his subordinates (department heads). Then they will be responsible for figuring out what to do about the problem meaning they will really be running the show. He also does not like to hear bad news. This means he is likely to wait until there is a crisis to take action on anything rather than trying to anticipate and prevent them from occurring.
It's the way all good managers run their organization - its called delegating. You delegate responsibilities to your subordinates and let them apply themselves. Keep them on a short leash at first, and as they prove themselves give them more and more latitude. It's how good teams win.

If they screw up, then you hear the infamous words, "You're Fired!!!"

helmuth_hubener
12-12-2016, 01:44 PM
This sentence speaks volumes all by itself. :rolleyes:

What, are you one of those stupid layman's who thought you could specialize in knowing how to do real stuff and in writing coherently? And in thinking critically?

Come on, rube. Smarten up. You need to learn some lessons from the niKKKster.

;)

helmuth_hubener
12-12-2016, 01:49 PM
A guy who spent his career doing business instead of courting campaign donations knows that about 95% of the time spent in meetings has got nothing to do with doing business.

Well, that is definitely true.

Obligatory Helmuth book recommendation:

http://kensegall.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/insanely_simple_book.jpg (https://www.amazon.com/Insanely-Simple-Obsession-Drives-Success/dp/1591846218)

(Though, with anti-meeting, anti-committee, cutting-through-bologna genius Steve now gone, "Drives" should be changed to "Drove")

helmuth_hubener
12-12-2016, 01:54 PM
I see it as indicative of his management style. He doesn't care about details.

Oh yeah, because micro-managing an out-of-control beaucoup-trillion dollar monstrosity with its tentacles everywhere and in all directions is going to be really effective.

That community-college degree was totally worth it, Juan.

Or was it just a Community Collage that you helped cut out faces for?

timosman
12-12-2016, 02:36 PM
Oh yeah, because micro-managing an out-of-control beaucoup-trillion dollar monstrosity with its tentacles everywhere and in all directions is going to be really effective.

That community-college degree was totally worth it, Juan.

Or was it just a Community Collage that you helped cut out faces for?

Zippy graduated magna cum laude. Show some respect.

silverhandorder
12-12-2016, 03:51 PM

Wrong.

RJB
12-12-2016, 03:53 PM
It might actually be wise to avoid the "intelligence" briefings from the CIA. We might avoid some wars for a change.

Jamesiv1
12-12-2016, 03:54 PM
It might actually be wise to avoid the "intelligence" briefings from the CIA. We might avoid some wars for a change.
right? lol

XNavyNuke
12-12-2016, 06:50 PM
Dems spinning MSM with breathless accusations against The Don. Ignore that neither Carter nor Clinton took the daily agency briefings and instead relied on their advisors to tell them what they needed to know when they needed to know it.

XNN

enhanced_deficit
12-12-2016, 07:04 PM
Trump: I'm Smart. I Don't Need No Intelligence Briefings

WASHINGTON – Donald Trump says he’s smarter than your average president — so he doesn’t need daily intelligence briefings.

“I get it when I need it,” Trump told “Fox News Sunday,” explaining that he refuses the opportunity to be briefed daily by security professionals on classified threats the way President Obama is.

Was this satire or you were serious?
Cuz way you headlined it completely changes the meaning. Does this live up to your standards of accuracy?

This was a satire:

Trump cancels Obama's muslim rituals in the White House (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?505128-Debunked-Trump-cancels-Obama-s-muslim-rituals-in-the-White-House&)

And you had commented:

I see. You think the piece you posted is more reliable and truthful. As Mr. Spock may say "fascinating!". You attempt to portray US media as fake while posting things like this?

Two and two don't add up.

Superfluous Man
12-12-2016, 07:08 PM
And you're the one always railing on Alex Jones and cheering these newz sources.

Lots of us rail on AJ, and rightly so.

NorthCarolinaLiberty
12-12-2016, 07:40 PM
Lots of us rail on AJ, and rightly so.

While also cheering on the mainstream newz sources? You do that?

Working Poor
12-12-2016, 07:54 PM
He is probably getting intel from some other source. If I was Trump I don't know if I could trust NSA and Cia briefings. I am sure he is in a great deal of danger though. I am surprized the Clinton/Bush cartel hasn't poped a cap in his ass yet.

Zippyjuan
12-14-2016, 01:51 PM
Dems spinning MSM with breathless accusations against The Don. Ignore that neither Carter nor Clinton took the daily agency briefings and instead relied on their advisors to tell them what they needed to know when they needed to know it.

XNN

Carter and Clinton did take daily briefings. In Carter's case, he got too caught up in details. Clinton was famous for gobbling up as much information on anything that he could.

http://www.npr.org/2016/05/09/477382561/u-s-intelligence-officials-carry-on-tradition-of-briefing-presidential-candidate

PRIESS: Jimmy Carter, who had no experience with foreign intelligence as governor of Georgia, asked for and got his intelligence briefing before his party even nominated him.

Carter recognized he had a weak background and sought to lean more. Trump has no background in foreign policy either and seems to have less desire to learn more. He already knows what he thinks he need to know about it.

CPUd
12-14-2016, 02:59 PM
He is probably getting intel from some other source. If I was Trump I don't know if I could trust NSA and Cia briefings. I am sure he is in a great deal of danger though. I am surprized the Clinton/Bush cartel hasn't poped a cap in his ass yet.

He's getting it from Flynn, who gets it from Breitbart and twitter.

XNavyNuke
12-15-2016, 06:52 PM
Hmm. Priess seemed to tell a different story on the Carter PDB to the Brookings Institute.

Priess - Carter did not take a daily briefer, but he did did discuss the PDB every single morning with Zbigniew Brzezinski, his National Security Advisor.

Riedel - And then we have William Jefferson Clinton and he doesn't have a daily briefing for most of his administration.

https://www.brookings.edu/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/20160317_daily_brief_transcript.pdf

I guess when you are making the rounds selling a book, Its bad form to repeat yourself.

XNN