PDA

View Full Version : Rand Paul: I’m an automatic ‘No' on John Bolton

jct74
12-11-2016, 01:03 PM
Rand Paul: “I’m an automatic ‘No'” on John Bolton

by Jack Hunter
December 11, 2016

The chyron on ABC’s This Week Sunday asked, “Will Rand Paul Take On Trump Admin?”

When it comes to John Bolton, yes, he will.

“I think John Bolton is so far out of it, and has such a naïve understanding of the world, if he were to be the assistant or the undersecretary for Tillerson, I’m an automatic ‘No’ on Bolton,” Sen. Rand Paul said of President-elect Donald Trump’s reported choice for Deputy Secretary of State.

“He should get nowhere close to the State Department, if anybody with a sane worldview is in charge,” Paul continued.

Paul’s scathing critique of Bolton, a former U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations, continued, “John Bolton doesn’t get it. He still believes in regime change. He’s still a big cheerleader for the Iraq War. He’s promoted a nuclear attack by Israel on Iran. He wants to do regime change in Iran.”

“I also think regime change in Syria is a bad idea,” Paul continued. “And that’s an ongoing question. It’s one of the things I like about Donald Trump. One of the reasons I endorsed him is he thinks regime change is a mistake.”

“But John Bolton thinks completely the opposite. They are diametric opposites,” Paul said.

read more:
http://rare.us/story/rand-paul-im-an-automatic-no-on-john-bolton/

jct74
12-11-2016, 01:07 PM
Rand Paul threatens to block Bolton nomination

By BURGESS EVERETT
12/11/16

Sen. Rand Paul is threatening to block President-elect Donald Trump’s likely pick of John Bolton as the No. 2 in the State Department.

The Kentucky Republican, who serves on the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, could stop the hawkish former ambassador to the United Nations from getting out of committee if there is unanimous Democratic resistance. The committee is narrowly divided among 10 Republicans and nine Democrats, and Paul said Sunday on ABC’s “This Week” that he’s an “automatic no on Bolton.”

“John Bolton doesn’t get it. He still believes in regime change. He’s still a big cheerleader for the Iraq War,” Paul said. “John Bolton is so far out of it and has such a naive understanding of the world.”

Paul’s vows to vote against Bolton could create the most significant confirmation fight thus far. Bolton would need a bare majority of the Senate to get confirmed, but if he were to stall in committee or face more Republican resistance, his nomination might be in serious jeopardy next year.

read more:
http://www.politico.com/story/2016/12/rand-paul-john-bolton-232477

Brian4Liberty
12-11-2016, 01:13 PM
Beat me to it!

fisharmor
12-11-2016, 01:27 PM
It will be interesting to see if this strong language keeps coming from Rand. If Trump gets seriously primaried next time is he going to dial this sort of thing way back and try to blend in with everyone else again? Or is this a wiser Rand who recognizes that it's now possible to say even completely absurd things and still win?

May as well have someone saying things that are both absurd and true...

Keith and stuff
12-11-2016, 02:06 PM
Excellent news. Thanks for sharing this. I look forward to how this develops.

specsaregood
12-11-2016, 02:07 PM
It will be interesting to see if this strong language keeps coming from Rand. If Trump gets seriously primaried next time is he going to dial this sort of thing way back and try to blend in with everyone else again? Or is this a wiser Rand who recognizes that it's now possible to say even completely absurd things and still win?

May as well have someone saying things that are both absurd and true...

The clever part is that keeps framing it as him fighting FOR trump, not fighting against trump.

nikcers
12-11-2016, 03:11 PM
“He should get nowhere close to the State Department, if anybody with a sane worldview is in charge,” Paul continued.

tube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLpfsReXRHU