PDA

View Full Version : Where's Rudy? Out in the Cold- Giuliani Not in Trump Cabinet

Zippyjuan
12-10-2016, 10:42 PM
According to some reports he was offered both the NSA Director and the Attorney General but what he really wanted was Secretary of State. Now that is going to the head of Exon-Mobile (another corporate rich dude). Rudy withdrew his name just a day before. One of Trump's biggest supporters he put in a lot of time campaigning for him. Chris Christie desperately wanted a job too and he also was left out.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/former-nyc-mayor-rudolph-giuliani-out-running-trump-cabinet-n694186

Former NYC Mayor Rudolph Giuliani Out of Running for Trump Cabinet

Former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani is out of the running for a position in the new presidential administration, Donald Trump's transition team announced on Friday.

Trump said Giuliani removed his name from consideration on Nov. 29 for a position in the administration. Giuliani has advocated to become the top U.S. diplomat, adding to the drama surrounding Trump's deliberations over the secretary of state position.

Trump had a well-publicized dinner with former Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney on Nov. 29 as well.

"This is not about me; it is about what is best for the country and the new administration," Giuliani said in a statement.

Giuliani had been a committed member of Trump's campaign and served as his attack dog against opponents. He was vocal in calls to bring Hillary Clinton up on charges for her use of a private email server — which the FBI deemed was not a criminal action.

Giuliani will remain a vice chairman of the presidential transition team, and then is expected to return to his law firm and the private sector.

"I will always be appreciative of his 24/7 dedication to our campaign after I won the primaries and for his extremely wise counsel," Trump said. "He is and continues to be a close personal friend, and as appropriate, I will call upon him for advice and can see an important place for him in the administration at a later date."

When Giuliani's name was first floated as a secretary of state pick, there were some who raised concerns of his potential conflicts of interest including his work for foreign governments that made him millions of dollars.

White House Chief of Staff Reince Preibus, in the statement announcing the decision, sought to head off this charge as a reason that Giuliani removed his name from consideration.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbqiCxEIeEo

RandallFan
12-11-2016, 02:08 PM
Rudy is still travelling around with Trump. Maybe Rudy changed his mind about having to go through the confirmation and doing the job. He didn't expend that much risk in endorsing Trump. What else was he gong to do in the last 18 months.

Anti Federalist
12-11-2016, 03:33 PM
Good.

Do not want The Ghoul in DC, in any capacity.

Danke
12-11-2016, 03:45 PM
Good.

Do not want The Ghoul in DC, in any capacity.

Even as Trump's official ballwasher when he goes golfing?

CPUd
12-11-2016, 04:10 PM
Thanks Rand.

anaconda
12-11-2016, 06:25 PM
Rudy's Lifelock TV ad is no longer up on Youtube. Curious.