PDA

View Full Version : celebrities for ron paul?

eric_cartman
12-09-2007, 06:20 PM
i think it would be a huge boost for ron paul if he got celebrities to do little 30 sec or 1 min adds. you could put them on TV or youtube, where the famous person says, "i'm concerned for my country, blah, blah, blah, and that's why i support ron paul".

Obama is sure benefiting from the "Oprah Effect" ... so i don't see why we don't get other famous people to come out and make a short video explaining why they support him.

I don't know how to get in contact with famous people... but maybe some Ron Paul supporters in L.A. have some connections to the industry where people could be contacted.

I'm sure that Richard Dreyfuss would support Ron Paul if he looked at his platform.... maybe he already does. Check out what Dreyfuss said on bill maher a while back...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=fd7p1SGMuqU

There already are a few celerities who already support him, such as bill maher, i guess that redhead from the view said he's her favorite republican. you could make take some clips from John Stewart or Leno that are supportive. You could take some famous news anchors, like Tucker Carlson. but there might be a bunch of famous people who support him, but haven't spoken out for him.

i'm a 9/11 truther, and i know it really helped the 9/11 truth movement when charlie sheen and rosie o'donnald came out and supported evidence our movement discovered.

so if someone's good at making webpages, maybe make a page called celebrities4ronpaul.com or something like that. then just have the video clips of the different famous people offering their support.

if you could ever get a tom hanks kind of actor to start doing video ads for ron paul... people like tom hanks, harrison ford, etc. all have this quality that makes them very likable to the public for some reason. anyways, those would make for really sweet TV commercials and youtube videos if you had these people work with the grassroots efforts or the official campaign to produce some high quality ads.

I really think it wouldn't be too hard to convince Richard Dreyfus to do a TV commercial where he says "i'm richard dreyfruss... i'm concerned about my country, i'm concerned for my civil liberties, and that's why we need to elect ron paul for president. please vote ron paul in your state's primary."

aksmith
12-09-2007, 06:43 PM
Richard Dreyfuss is a hard line Democrat and always has been, from the Barbara Streisand wing of the Democratic party. Leno is not a supporter. Jon Steward is a hard line Democrat.

Face it. Unless Drew Carey or David Letterman or Penn Jilette or John Mayer decide to do a commercial, we don't have anyone who will. Even Barry Manilow, who gave a max contribution, also gave the max to more than one Democrat.

Who is there out there who will endorse and do a commercial? I'd love it if that person existed.