PDA

View Full Version : American Empire: An Act of Collective Madness

Thor
12-09-2016, 11:21 PM
Watch, if you have the stomach and attention span.

American Empire: An Act of Collective Madness (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0UVafdAoII)

Danke
12-10-2016, 01:27 AM
This is fake news.

Thor
12-10-2016, 01:49 AM
This is fake news.

Better ban it...

timosman
12-10-2016, 01:54 AM
Do you really want to waste 2hrs of your time?

Thor
12-10-2016, 10:14 AM
Do you really want to waste 2hrs of your time?

A show exposing the oligarchy controlling everything is not really a waste of time in my mind... Sure, some of it is left leaning, but the underlying message sure isn't.

Murray N Rothbard
12-13-2016, 07:37 AM
It is interesting to watch and if you have a good head on your shoulders you can filter out the propaganda in it easily, and then digest the actual facts and insights they have- many of which are very interesting, I think. There is a lot we can learn from content like this instead of remaining confined in our own echo-chamber. Some of the greatest truths can be found within promotions of falsehoods. It is important to be doing this and gathering raw data/observations because we have not had to deal with things like fascism, nationalism, imperialism, much lately.

Thor
12-13-2016, 08:51 AM
It is interesting to watch and if you have a good head on your shoulders you can filter out the propaganda in it easily, and then digest the actual facts and insights they have- many of which are very interesting, I think. There is a lot we can learn from content like this instead of remaining confined in our own echo-chamber. Some of the greatest truths can be found within promotions of falsehoods. It is important to be doing this and gathering raw data/observations because we have not had to deal with things like fascism, nationalism, imperialism, much lately.

Thanks, and I agree, and why I shared it. I think, and I could be wrong, but the left leaning portrayal of many of these items will inspire a call for more government control to "protect" us, but the mere fact that the government is corrupt as well (and this points out) has that argument falling short. More government controls furthers fascism and the oligarchy. Especially when the reins are handed over to an authoritarian.* I think what this portrays is why some of the left was interested in Bernie Sanders (and others were just interested in free stuff.) So some of the left understands pieces of the puzzle. And having Edward Griffins in there helped balance it out slightly and shed more light on the puppet master game plan.

I think if we can reach out to some of those on the left who get the underlying message being shown here, and not stop at the left spin on it; they might be allies of our in the fight for freedom and liberty. As there are common grounds when you look at the big picture.

Conversely, I think there are those on our side who would allow for furthering this rein and rise of puppet master control through general "free market" attitudes, that need to step back from the knee jerk "libertarian" based perspective and look at the larger ramification of such actions and make sure those larger implications are in line with libertarian ideas. For example, those among us who support and argue in favor of GMO's might be wise to look at what that means to for freedom and liberty and independence long term, say 50 years down the road, when only a few, or a single, corporation controls the entire food supply, or water supply, for our species. Where is the freedom and liberty for the individual in that outcome? Edward Griffins pointed out that danger of GMO's quite clearly.

Enlightening program if you look past the left slant. And as I said, I think there is an opportunity to get more people from the other side of the table united in our fight for freedom by working off the common ground made evident in this piece. As the ultimate goal of the far left, or the far right, arrive at the same point of puppet master control through a fascist / oligarchical hierarchy. In either case or roadmap, the individual is the slave at the end. And those at the top care not which road is taken to lead to their enslavement of the individual.

* on a side note, I have seen at least 1 article now (http://www.alternet.org/news-amp-politics/its-ayn-rands-america-now-republicans-have-stripped-country-its-morality (http://www.alternet.org/news-amp-politics/its-ayn-rands-america-now-republicans-have-stripped-country-its-morality)) comparing Trump and his actions to Ayn Rand ideals, trying to throw libertarians under the bus as authoritarians. Be prepared, the left will use Trump and whatever he does (authoritarian and all) as a way to smear libertarian ideals making our push forward in the future all the harder. Even though many of us saw Trump for what he is (and yes, some here supported him against that god forsaken witch), we will get grouped in with him if he fails. "Libertarian ideas don't work, see what Trump did." Right or wrong, that is what they will use.... so we will need to show distinction between what Trump does and what libertarians believe going forward if we want to make progress on both sides of the aisle.

H. E. Panqui
12-14-2016, 05:10 PM
thor writes: Enlightening program if you look past the left slant.

:confused:

...'left slant?!' :confused: ...can you elaborate?

...i thought it was a good program...surprising for pbs!...the info on money was more to 'the point' than any ludwiggers of whom i am aware...

...still no honest ['media'] attempt to explain 'the [hideous] deposit creation [counterfeiting] privilege' the bankster class enjoys...i can explain it to 11 year-olds but your typical 40-year republican radio listener just does not/will not 'get it'... ;)

Okie RP fan
12-14-2016, 07:18 PM
Couple minutes in, "A Democracy is built on the premise that you have an informed electorate, and if the electorate doesn't understand the most basic premise of policy…"

I'm not so sure… It's been shown that pure democracies are dangerous because MAN IS IGNORANT and envious. And I think that's more or less the reason why they became less popular as time progressed.

Thoughts?

Thor
12-14-2016, 07:43 PM
thor writes: Enlightening program if you look past the left slant.

:confused:

...'left slant?!' :confused: ...can you elaborate?

Yes, the angle on water, top soil destruction, etc, while valid, were a bit over blown I think, and it had the "government is the answer to regulate this destruction by corporations" vibe to it, even though they indicated government was bad when it was in collusion... It was more critical of the corporation than being fairly anti oligarchy even though they danced around it. But maybe that was just my take away. Either way, I think it was good to expose much of what it did, and yes, I too was suprpised to see PBS air it.

Thor
12-14-2016, 08:30 PM
Couple minutes in, "A Democracy is built on the premise that you have an informed electorate, and if the electorate doesn't understand the most basic premise of policy…"

I'm not so sure… It's been shown that pure democracies are dangerous because MAN IS IGNORANT and envious. And I think that's more or less the reason why they became less popular as time progressed.

Thoughts?

I think the ignorance of the electorate has allowed us to get to where we are today. I would not oppose having to pass a basic unbiased fact based test on the issues / candidates before being able to vote on those issues. Not like voting for a contestant on a TV show by texting in your vote, like it is today. Yes, some will argue everyone should have a say and has a right to vote, and I agree, but I think everyone has a responsibility to be somewhat proficient in what they are voting for beyond the sales brochure.

"Oh, he is cute, I will vote for him." - I kid you not, I have heard that exact comment before.

Okie RP fan
12-14-2016, 08:52 PM
I think the ignorance of the electorate has allowed us to get to where we are today. I would not oppose having to pass a basic unbiased fact based test on the issues / candidates before being able to vote on those issues. Not like voting for a contestant on a TV show by texting in your vote, like it is today. Yes, some will argue everyone should have a say and has a right to vote, and I agree, but I think everyone has a responsibility to be somewhat proficient in what they are voting for beyond the sales brochure.

"Oh, he is cute, I will vote for him." - I kid you not, I have heard that exact comment before.

Yes, I believe you on your last statement, I've heard similar things as well and it's disheartening to say the absolute least.
At times I do wonder if Aristotle was onto something with his vision of entrusting societies to philosopher kings. Rulers with "ultimate" wisdom… Maybe we'd be better left off, I'm just not sure.

Thor
12-14-2016, 11:00 PM
Yes, I believe you on your last statement, I've heard similar things as well and it's disheartening to say the absolute least.
At times I do wonder if Aristotle was onto something with his vision of entrusting societies to philosopher kings. Rulers with "ultimate" wisdom… Maybe we'd be better left off, I'm just not sure.

Well, then that just gives credence to the puppet master making all the decisions for the slaves, where we are today. No, I think we all need to be able to vote and decide our true destiny and course of freedom, but we need to be proficient and knowledgeable before making those choices. Getting your voter certification should not come from the back of a box of Captain Crunch... but it should not be so impossible that only the elite (aka rulers) will be able to make the choices.