PDA

View Full Version : Trump: "We're going to work something out" with Dreamers.

EBounding
12-09-2016, 12:21 PM
http://www.politico.com/story/2016/12/trump-dreamers-undocumented-immigrants-232301

In an interview with Time magazine announcing him as "Person of the Year," Trump didn't go into specifics but signaled that he could find a way to accommodate the Dreamers.

"We’re going to work something out that’s going to make people happy and proud,” Trump told the magazine. “They got brought here at a very young age, they’ve worked here, they’ve gone to school here. Some were good students. Some have wonderful jobs. And they’re in never-never land because they don’t know what’s going to happen.”

CPUd
12-09-2016, 12:26 PM
https://i.imgur.com/XLE8xUy.jpg

That Time Donald Trump Had A Meeting With DREAMers And Said “You Convinced Me” On Immigration (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?481121-That-Time-Donald-Trump-Had-A-Meeting-With-DREAMers-And-Said-%93You-Convinced-Me%94-On-Immigration)

enhanced_deficit
12-09-2016, 12:32 PM
He just appointed this AJ:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/8/85/Jeff_Sessions_by_Gage_Skidmore_2.jpg/220px-Jeff_Sessions_by_Gage_Skidmore_2.jpg

Zippyjuan
12-09-2016, 04:44 PM
Trump says a lot of things- and often something different a few days later. But since the election he has quit saying he will deport illegal immigrants unless they are serious criminals. "We will build the wall and secure the borders first and then decide what to do".

12-09-2016, 06:21 PM
No wall and nobody is getting deported. The Trumkins are going to lose their minds once they realize they were scammed into voting for Trump.

Superfluous Man
12-09-2016, 06:25 PM
No wall and nobody is getting deported. The Trumkins are going to lose their minds once they realize they were scammed into voting for Trump.

Some will. But some seem so mesmerized by him that they'll just defend him no matter what.

In this case, that would be a good thing, since he's moving in the right direction.

Zippyjuan
12-09-2016, 06:34 PM
A lot of people who voted for him said it was just because he was "somebody else"- not because of what he said.

The Gold Standard
12-09-2016, 07:44 PM
LOL

oyarde
12-09-2016, 08:01 PM
Dreamers makes them sound stupid .

Origanalist
12-09-2016, 08:24 PM
Dreamers makes them sound stupid .

The schools they're in make them sound even dumber.

parocks
12-10-2016, 12:09 AM

No they weren't.

Many Trump voters were simply voting for "the GOP candidate" against Hillary.

I'm one of them.

I'm fully aware that we really have no idea what Trump is actually going to do. Much of what he has said is vague and contradictory. Still, the other choice was Hillary. And in 4 years, the people will decide whether they want more of Trump or not. In 2, they'll decide whether they want to make it easier for Trump or more difficult.

On what planet do you think we live where one of the 2 major party candidates is actually going to make things better? It's a huge victory if you can find a candidate who is so awful that you want to vote for the other one.

parocks
12-10-2016, 12:22 AM
A lot of people who voted for him said it was just because he was "somebody else"- not because of what he said.

Right. Exactly. He's not Hillary Clinton.

CPUd
12-10-2016, 12:29 AM
There were a lot more than 2 candidates in the primaries, and even 1 who was worth voting for.

oyarde
12-10-2016, 12:54 AM
There were a lot more than 2 candidates in the primaries, and even 1 who was worth voting for.
I voted for that one .

jmdrake
12-10-2016, 07:12 AM
No they weren't.

Many Trump voters were simply voting for "the GOP candidate" against Hillary.

I'm one of them.

I'm fully aware that we really have no idea what Trump is actually going to do. Much of what he has said is vague and contradictory. Still, the other choice was Hillary. And in 4 years, the people will decide whether they want more of Trump or not. In 2, they'll decide whether they want to make it easier for Trump or more difficult.

On what planet do you think we live where one of the 2 major party candidates is actually going to make things better? It's a huge victory if you can find a candidate who is so awful that you want to vote for the other one.

Then you're not what I would call a "Trumpkin". I'm not sure what 69360's definition is, but to me a "Trumpkin" is someone who bought the Trump Kool-Aid early on when there where still other GOP candidates in the race, especially Rand. But hell, even Ted Cruz was better than Trump. An example of a Trumpkin is someone who bought the National Inquirer BS that Cruz was a "serial adulterer" and when people brought up that Trump had bragged about going after married women claimed "That shows Trump is repentant like King David." :rolleyes: Of course all of that Trumpkin hypocrisy came out before the "grab em by the pussy" tape was released. Yes, Trump is not Hillary. Had I been in a battleground state I would have been tempted to vote for him to stop Hillary. (Thank GOD that He spared me that agony.) But there was no excuse for the rabid Trumpanism we had prior to the GOP convention. I've argued with enough Trumpkins to know that there are true believers here who hung on every freaking word that scam artist said and when he flipped they flopped. Truly disgusting display of people being Stepford voters.

jmdrake
12-10-2016, 07:12 AM

^This