PDA

View Full Version : Donate EARLY On The 16th!

mport1
12-09-2007, 05:33 PM
I think the best time for everybody to donate on the 16th is right at the beginning of the day. My rational is that getting in as many donations as possible quickly could have the effect of bumping the total donations for that day. If we start off really strong it will create a ton of excitement and have people either on the fence about donating give, or entice other people to give more. Additionally, we could get some media reports during the day that would get the word out about the Tea Party.

"Amazing, simply amazing! In just 12 hours today, the Ron Paul campaign has pulled in $4 million!" Also, might cause all of us to donate early and also later because we won't stand having to sit on the sidelines for the rest of the day.

Agree or disagree?

GHoeberX
12-09-2007, 05:36 PM
I think that in this type of fundraising drives, it could indeed be the best strategy. Donate as much as possible as early as possible.

trispear
12-09-2007, 05:40 PM
Just be aware that it starts 12 AM Eastern Standard Time to my understanding.

0zzy
12-09-2007, 05:40 PM
Just be aware that it starts 12 AM Eastern Standard Time to my understanding.

I'd advise people to wait 5minutes after their respective timezone to donate.

voytechs
12-09-2007, 05:41 PM
I say lets go for it, but personally think with so many people donating and only a small fraction on these boards, anything we do within that incredible tide to come, will have little significance. It will be completely obliterated by the mass of donations.

Another reason to donate early is that a lot of meetups are going to have meeting that day its best to get your donation(s) done before you leave the house inorder to make sure you don't miss it.

Lastly remember to donate separately for your wife/husband. Thats what I do, 2 donations instead of one. This way the campaign can have a better estimate on the number of actual voters. Since both me and my wife are going to be voting. I may even do 2 more for my parents who are out of the country and I will donate for them.

stewie3128
12-09-2007, 05:42 PM
I don't know what good day-of coverage will be... it's a Sunday.

We should own Monday though. :)

tsetsefly
12-09-2007, 05:42 PM

exactly, just to make sure... I will be donating around 2, 3 am est...

ItsTime
12-09-2007, 05:44 PM
I agree donate early. It was nice to wake up on the 5th and see there was already 750,000. I want to wake up and see 2 million this time :D

Edward
12-09-2007, 05:45 PM
I don't know what good day-of coverage will be... it's a Sunday.A quick start could get us a million or two before the Sunday morning talkshows.

yongrel
12-09-2007, 05:46 PM
Also, donating early will better disperse the traffic, and hopefully avoid a crash.

TechnoGuyRob
12-09-2007, 05:46 PM
Agreed. Everyone on these forums needs to put up EVERYTHING they have at midnight.

The rest of the day should be spent getting as many people as possible to donate $25.

vadimg
12-09-2007, 05:47 PM
good point mport1

Jordan
12-09-2007, 05:50 PM
Donating early is the best thing you can do. On November 5th, we keep the same momentum throughout the day after a strong start.

High numbers will keep people donating, there are many people who won't make a move until someone else does. Be that someone else :D

mport1
12-09-2007, 05:52 PM
Glad people like the idea. I just see no reason why we shouldn't do this as long as we are sure the server can handle it. I will be donating at probably 12:30 est. If we can get everybody on here and Facebook who are active to do this, I think it could theoretically bring in an extra $500,000 or so. Spread the word and lets keep this or something else as a reminder bumped on the 14th and 15th.

Thunderbolt
12-09-2007, 05:52 PM
I think the best time for everybody to donate on the 16th is right at the beginning of the day. My rational is that getting in as many donations as possible quickly could have the effect of bumping the total donations for that day. If we start off really strong it will create a ton of excitement and have people either on the fence about donating give, or entice other people to give more. Additionally, we could get some media reports during the day that would get the word out about the Tea Party.

"Amazing, simply amazing! In just 12 hours today, the Ron Paul campaign has pulled in $4 million!" Also, might cause all of us to donate early and also later because we won't stand having to sit on the sidelines for the rest of the day.

Agree or disagree?

And crash the servers first thing? How does that help?

mport1
12-09-2007, 05:53 PM
Donating early is the best thing you can do. On November 5th, we keep the same momentum throughout the day after a strong start.

High numbers will keep people donating, there are many people who won't make a move until someone else does. Be that someone else :D

Yep, people have comfort in numbers. If they see how huge this thing is and how many people are donating, they will be more willing to donate and/or donate more. Additionally, this might give us a better gauge at what the total on the day could be.

nist7
12-09-2007, 06:00 PM
There is a ton of buzz over Dec 16th.....I just hope the server doesn't crash.

But yes.....we must donate early and donate often!

Thunderbolt
12-09-2007, 06:02 PM
Agreed. Everyone on these forums needs to put up EVERYTHING they have at midnight.

The rest of the day should be spent getting as many people as possible to donate $25.

Excuse me, where did this paltry number come from? This is the last donation they will be making. Forget twenty five dollars. It is barely worth the cost in credit card transactions. We need people who will donate $1000 or more.

Now is not the time to be meek. Tell everyone to give every dime they were planning on giving for the rest of the campaign, because for all intents and purposes, this is the rest of the campaign.

Ain't no more after this folks.

Two weeks later and caucuses begin and a month after that it is all decided.

You must give all you have NOW. If that happens to be $25 dollars, then ok, but don't ask for that! You might get it. After Amex takes out their 6 or 7 percent and the transaction costs and the additional strain on the servers, those donations may end up hurting more than helping.

This is not some puny little let's try to make 5 million thing. We need 20 million. Seriously. Aim for it. Expect it.

You now have a whole world out there of people who have not been able to donate before who can now. All Americans overseas. Go find them. Email them. Tell them all to donate every dollar they can afford.

This is not the 5th, this is the Tea Party! The Boston Tea Party. This is our only chance of winning this race. If we can get 20 million and we should be able to, then he can win. They will never stop talking about him.

If we bring in 5 million, yawn, whatever.

Figure out ways to tap into the overseas market. Go to expats boards. Search for Ron Paul supporters overseas websites. There is at least ten million overseas we can have if we go get it.

And all the rest of you. If you were dreaming of holding back one dime that you can afford to give, that could be the difference between winning this and losing it.

You are not going to donate again. This is the last time. Give it all!

The best time to give is in the early hours of the morning a few hours after it starts. Most people are asleep then and the server activity last time really took a dip then. Give between 2am and 6am EST. You will give the folks who wake up a great Christmas present and you won't hurt the servers.

user
12-09-2007, 06:05 PM
Make sure you don't donate too early! Obviously we all want it to be counted as part of the 16th.

TechnoGuyRob
12-09-2007, 06:05 PM
Excuse me, where did this paltry number come from? This is the last donation they will be making. Forget twenty five dollars. It is barely worth the cost in credit card transactions. We need people who will donate $1000 or more.

Now is not the time to be meek. Tell everyone to give every dime they were planning on giving for the rest of the campaign, because for all intents and purposes, this is the rest of the campaign.

I meant people who don't give a crap about Paul and don't know about the 16th. Like, "Hey, John. So I love this presidential candidate Ron Paul. You can look more into him, but would mind doing a huge Christmas favor for me? Could you go to ronpaul2008.com and donate $25 to him? That would be amazing!"

JacobLyles
12-09-2007, 06:06 PM

Wait a few minutes after midnight, just to make sure your clocks are right.

JacobLyles
12-09-2007, 06:06 PM
And the servers will be fine! They upgraded them before the 5th. They are ready and they know we are coming.

Thunderbolt
12-09-2007, 06:09 PM
This is ten times bigger than the 5th. Just because the servers held out then does not mean they will hold out this time. You cannot rely on that.

Eli
12-09-2007, 06:13 PM
The entire media establishment will be watching this day. We gotta own em from every hour, that means the hardcore supporters donating early.

JacobLyles
12-09-2007, 06:15 PM
This is ten times bigger than the 5th. Just because the servers held out then does not mean they will hold out this time. You cannot rely on that.

This is 2.5x bigger than the fifth, and they know we're coming!

user
12-09-2007, 06:19 PM
It would be terrible if the server crashed in the middle of the day. :(

mport1
12-09-2007, 06:20 PM

Two weeks later and caucuses begin and a month after that it is all decided.

You must give all you have NOW. If that happens to be $25 dollars, then ok, but don't ask for that! You might get it. After Amex takes out their 6 or 7 percent and the transaction costs and the additional strain on the servers, those donations may end up hurting more than helping.

This is not some puny little let's try to make 5 million thing. We need 20 million. Seriously. Aim for it. Expect it.

You now have a whole world out there of people who have not been able to donate before who can now. All Americans overseas. Go find them. Email them. Tell them all to donate every dollar they can afford.

This is not the 5th, this is the Tea Party! The Boston Tea Party. This is our only chance of winning this race. If we can get 20 million and we should be able to, then he can win. They will never stop talking about him.

If we bring in 5 million, yawn, whatever.

Figure out ways to tap into the overseas market. Go to expats boards. Search for Ron Paul supporters overseas websites. There is at least ten million overseas we can have if we go get it.

And all the rest of you. If you were dreaming of holding back one dime that you can afford to give, that could be the difference between winning this and losing it.

You are not going to donate again. This is the last time. Give it all!

The best time to give is in the early hours of the morning a few hours after it starts. Most people are asleep then and the server activity last time really took a dip then. Give between 2am and 6am EST. You will give the folks who wake up a great Christmas present and you won't hurt the servers.

Everybody needs to take this to heart. We have to donate every penny we can afford and spend every second we can spare trying to find ways to spread the message about the 16th. I'm 21 years old and I am planning to give as much of my small bank account as possible like this is the last political campaign I'll ever donate to. We need to treat this as our last stand for freedom because in reality, it really is. I sure as hell don't want to look back 10 years down the road thinking I could have done more.

tomcat
12-09-2007, 06:21 PM
Agreed.

user
12-09-2007, 06:35 PM
I sure as hell don't want to look back 10 years down the road thinking I could have done more.

That's a good point.

ursamajor
12-09-2007, 06:53 PM
I agree. We had press coverage for the six o'clock news on the 5th. If we were getting noon AND six o'clock coverage, it would be to our benefit. In addition, and unfortunately for me, it may also spur additional donations from those early donators. I am thinking 1:00 a.m. before I go to sleep or something.

Paul4Prez
12-09-2007, 07:04 PM
The best time to donate will be between 2 AM and 8 AM Eastern time. If you look at RonPaulGraphs.com, that is the slowest time of the day generally. There will be a lot of donations right after midnight, so to take the load off the server, wait a few hours if you can. Since it's a weekend, staying up late should be no problem.

aspiringconstitutionalist
12-09-2007, 07:15 PM

Actually, we need to wait even later. When I donated on November 5th, I donated when it was exactly 12:01 a.m. "cell-phone" time (aka, the exact right time) and on my credit card statement, it said it counted the donation as taking place at 11:46 p.m. on November 4th, so I would advise waiting until 12:15 am to donate on December 16th to make sure we get as big a total as possible for the Teaparty.

12:15!

Zack
12-09-2007, 07:20 PM
The best time to donate will be between 2 AM and 8 AM Eastern time. If you look at RonPaulGraphs.com, that is the slowest time of the day generally. There will be a lot of donations right after midnight, so to take the load off the server, wait a few hours if you can. Since it's a weekend, staying up late should be no problem.

I very much agree with this.

francisco
12-09-2007, 07:21 PM
A quick start could get us a million or two before the Sunday morning talkshows.

Very important observation!

InRonWeTrust
12-09-2007, 07:23 PM
We need to get Wolf to say "Amazing, Amazing numbers".

Meatwasp
12-09-2007, 07:50 PM

Agree or disagree?

This makes so much sense

mport1
12-09-2007, 07:55 PM

This is a good point. So maybe we should all just donate before we go to bed or when we wake up for those early risers.

mport1
12-09-2007, 09:30 PM
bump

mport1
12-13-2007, 02:38 PM
JWallace sums up the reasons to donate early quite nicely:

"Donate as early as you can on Dec. 16. The best strategy would be to donate after 12am, before going to bed.

Why?

1) Lower website traffic than during the daylight hours on Dec. 16.
2) Easier cc/payment processing.
3) Big early morning results will give the MSM something to report first thing in morning
4) Media coverage+Early $'s = Bigger snowball, momentum.
5) Frees you up to go to Boston (or other local Tea Party) event."

mport1
12-14-2007, 10:42 PM
bump

mport1
12-15-2007, 07:49 PM
We need to wake up in the morning with a few million dollars in the bank! No reason to save any of your money until late in the day.

Menthol Patch
12-15-2007, 07:58 PM
Everyone needs to donate at MIDNIGHT TONIGHT EST!

mport1
12-15-2007, 08:00 PM
Everyone needs to donate at MIDNIGHT TONIGHT EST!

I say we wait until 12:15 or so just to make sure. I'm going to donate around then.

mport1
12-15-2007, 11:18 PM
bump

mport1
12-16-2007, 02:11 AM
Donate now!

Menthol Patch
12-16-2007, 02:12 AM
I agree. Everyone needs to donate early.

qwerty
12-16-2007, 02:16 AM
Bump!