PDA

View Full Version : Dana Rohrabacher has emerged as a contender for Secretary of State

Brian4Liberty
12-04-2016, 02:20 PM
California Rep. Dana Rohrabacher has emerged as a contender to serve as President-elect Donald Trump’s secretary of state, according to multiple reports. (http://dailycaller.com/2016/12/04/heres-the-california-republican-rep-whos-reportedly-a-dark-horse-contender-for-secretary-of-state/)

Rohrabacher tweeted last week, “I have been told that I am under consideration to join President Trump’s team as Secretary of State.” He added, “it would be a privilege and an honor to serve as his Secretary of State.”

The Daily Mail reported on Tuesday that Rohrabacher “has emerged as a dark-horse candidate for secretary of state and The Washington Examiner on Saturday said Rohrabacher is now a front-runner for the position.
The California Republican’s foreign policy outlook is very much inline with Trump’s anti-interventionist views. On the other hand, Bolton said last year: “The people who say, oh things would have been much better if you didn’t overthrow Saddam miss the point that today’s Middle East does not flow totally and unchangeably from the decision to overthrow Saddam alone.”

In a recent interview, Rohrabacher said radical Islam should be prioritized as a threat. “We have to prioritize, and a non-communist Russia has the same incentive for us to work together because it threatens Russia, and they’re killing Russians. Radical Islamists are killing Russians like they’re killing western Europeans and Americans. For me to suggest that we work with Russia to defeat this threat, I think it is rational,” he added.
More: http://dailycaller.com/2016/12/04/heres-the-california-republican-rep-whos-reportedly-a-dark-horse-contender-for-secretary-of-state/

nikcers
12-04-2016, 02:27 PM
California Rep. Dana Rohrabacher has emerged as a contender to serve as President-elect Donald Trump’s secretary of state, according to multiple reports. (http://dailycaller.com/2016/12/04/heres-the-california-republican-rep-whos-reportedly-a-dark-horse-contender-for-secretary-of-state/)

Wow! I thought he would pick someone neutral on the whole Russia thing. If he picks this guy then I think we will see more hand wringing and sour grapes from China.

goldenequity
12-04-2016, 03:27 PM
Wow! I thought he would pick someone neutral on the whole Russia thing. If he picks this guy then I think we will see more hand wringing and sour grapes from China.

Actually, Rohrabacher and Tulsi Gabbard worked very closely together in the Joint Armed Services Committee
continuously pushing back and voicing REASON..
against
the mad ravings of one Senator John McCain who had the BULLY PULPIT
because
he chaired the committee.

Both Rohrabacher and Gabbard know FULL WELL the lunatic neocon elements.

For Trump to even be considering Rohrabacher speaks volumes.

As far as China... it's not much different than Russia.
Both/Either would MUCH prefer ANYTHING but the neocons.
Rohrabacher would be well accepted by everyone
except the 'old' world order.

undergroundrr
12-04-2016, 03:50 PM

For the media to say trump is considering Rohrbacher means nothing. Only trump picking Rohrbacher would mean anything. I think that's cold day in hell/pigs fly type stuff.

The campaign promise (I know, Conway said he's not keeping campaign promises) was to bomb the shit out of em.

goldenequity
12-04-2016, 05:01 PM
yeah well I'm still sticking pins in my Bolton doll... can't take any chances. :cool:

nikcers
12-04-2016, 05:06 PM
Actually, Rohrabacher and Tulsi Gabbard worked very closely together in the Joint Armed Services Committee
continuously pushing back and voicing REASON..
against
the mad ravings of one Senator John McCain who had the BULLY PULPIT
because
he chaired the committee.

Both Rohrabacher and Gabbard know FULL WELL the lunatic neocon elements.

As far as China... it's not much different than Russia.
Both/Either would MUCH prefer ANYTHING but the neocons.
Rohrabacher would be well accepted by everyone
except the 'old' world order.
Whether we pivot to Asia with a TPP or to Russia with diplomacy we are still dancing with China because they cheated the banksters and the Russians. I don't think the banks forgive or forget. I would prefer if we were more neutral.

RonPaulGeorge&Ringo
12-04-2016, 06:57 PM
Supposedly they asked Rohrabacher about being Deputy SoS to Romney or Bolton, and he said he didn't want to work for thosse people. So one rumor going around now is that Rohrabacher would be SoS and Bolton his deputy.

misterx
12-04-2016, 11:23 PM
Supposedly they asked Rohrabacher about being Deputy SoS to Romney or Bolton, and he said he didn't want to work for thosse people. So one rumor going around now is that Rohrabacher would be SoS and Bolton his deputy.

I like it much better that way, but even Deputy SoS is too much for Bolton. Trump has already given the neocons enough concessions. Keep Bolton out!

FSP-Rebel
12-05-2016, 12:56 AM
Did someone say non-interventionist?

osan
12-05-2016, 06:34 AM

I know nothing of this person, but the following quote from Bolton is amusing:

On the other hand, Bolton said last year: “The people who say, oh things would have been much better if you didn’t overthrow Saddam miss the point that today’s Middle East does not flow totally and unchangeably from the decision to overthrow Saddam alone.”

I wonder whether there was more said to clarify through some sort of quantification of the bolded terms. As it stands, the statement talks a lot but says essentially nothing.

What were the other factors and what proportion of the "blame" might they assume? Bolton's statement cannot be said to be a lie, but neither is it particularly true. It is simply uninformative, while seeming otherwise to the simple and uncritical mind of the meaner.

Once again, our generally poor language skills and atrocious habits of communication and, more generally, thought lead us down a path where those who presume to master us are able to get away with literal murder and lose no wink of sleep for worry that they might be called to account for their crimes.

And so what if the decision in question did not so lead the middle east to its current circumstance. At this point a salient question is whether it contributed enough such that had we not invaded, would the situation likely be significantly better and could we have reasonably avoided our contribution to the death and destruction. I say "yes" on both counts, leaving me of the opinion that men like Bolton, Bush, Cheney, etc. are well fit for the hangman's noose.

If Trump did nothing more than hunt every living human who followed orders from Bush^1 through Obama and had them shot, I would consider his presidency a worthwhile thing. That, of course, will not happen and I have my tons of Preparation-H on hand just in case he turns out to be the devil the lefties are claiming. But to me it will be a damned shame if he does not at least bring Obama's cabinet to hangman's justice. But even if he does, what then? My optimism tank is depressingly empty.

RonPaulGeorge&Ringo
12-06-2016, 02:50 AM
I know nothing of this person

Rohrabacher was a hardcore libertarian activist as far back as the 1960s.

Go find Justin Raimondo's write-up on him to learn more.

osan
12-06-2016, 07:27 AM
Rohrabacher was a hardcore libertarian activist as far back as the 1960s.

Go find Justin Raimondo's write-up on him to learn more.

Ooooo...

Brian4Liberty
12-06-2016, 01:33 PM
Dana Rohrabacher: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know (http://heavy.com/news/2016/12/dana-rohrabacher-donald-trump-secretary-of-state-wife-family-putin-russia-bio-committees-global-warming-age-california-congressman/)

Dana Rohrabacher, who has been in Congress since 1989, has emerged as a potential Secretary of State candidate in the Donald Trump Administration. The 69-year-old Republican from California is known for his pro-Russia stance, despite working for Ronald Reagan at the height of the Cold War. He also has doubts about humanity’s role in global warming and has pushed for the U.S. to get out of Afghanistan.

Here’s a look at Rohrabacher’s career and where he stands on Russia.

1. Rohrabacher Sided With Russia in the Crimea Crisis & Thinks ‘Putin Is not Satan’
2. Rohrabacher Claims He Arm-Wrestled Putin in 1990 or 1991 at a Washington, DC Pub
3. Rohrabacher Says He Fought Alongside the Mujahideen During the Soviet War in Afghanistan
4. Rohrabacher Doesn’t Think Global Warming Is Caused By Humans & Once Suggested ‘Dinosaur Flatulence’ Caused it
Still, Rohrabacher believes that that global warming alarmists have come up with a “crony-capitalist concoction.” Rohrabacher wrote in 2014:

The continuing misrepresentation of my humor underscores my observation that global-warming alarmists misrepresent what they portray as facts. One of the traits of a fanatic is the willingness to conduct personal attacks, to limit debate, to use questionable facts and to seek government to impose policy on others.
Sir, my congressional colleagues and I cannot ignore costs when making decisions. Simply put, no matter how apocalyptic the theory behind it, we cannot make this crony-capitalist concoction of yours into a policy priority.

During a speech in 2013, Rohrabacher called global warming a “total fraud” designed by liberals who want to “create global government to control our lives.”
5. Rohrabacher Says He Is ‘Very Willing’ to be Donald Trump’s Secretary of State
More: http://heavy.com/news/2016/12/dana-rohrabacher-donald-trump-secretary-of-state-wife-family-putin-russia-bio-committees-global-warming-age-california-congressman/

Brian4Liberty
12-09-2016, 11:36 AM
When will politicians learn not to go on MSNBC?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAa59Ttsmsw

nikcers
12-10-2016, 01:31 PM

Trump picks Exxon Mobil CEO Rex Tillerson for secretary of State, NBC News reported Saturday.

winning