PDA

View Full Version : The Hill is right-Tulsi Gabbard is the best choice for state

cindy25
11-27-2016, 05:51 AM
http://thehill.com/blogs/pundits-blog/the-administration/307527-tulsi-gabbard-is-the-pick-for-secretary-of-state-not

I should best of the contenders, Rand or Justin Amash would be even better

but she does have the right world view (almost, as she is a friend of Adelson)

vita3
11-27-2016, 08:23 AM
If he actually choose Gabbard, it would be game-changing & awesome. Shows he is not marching us down the same Neo-Con path & serious about putting America first, while promoting a minority women

Been following Tulsi for about 2 year & she is a terrific communicator & straight-forward

enhanced_deficit
11-27-2016, 10:44 AM
Tulsi would be way batter than Romney and even Rudy "Obama doesn't love America" Giuliani.

Brian4Liberty
11-27-2016, 11:15 AM
Tulsi Gabbard is the pick for Secretary of State, not Mitt Romney (http://thehill.com/blogs/pundits-blog/the-administration/307527-tulsi-gabbard-is-the-pick-for-secretary-of-state-not)

“We will no longer surrender this country, or its people, to the false song of globalism,” President-Elect Donald J. Trump said in an April 27 speech on foreign policy. “I will view the world through the clear lens of American interests.”

The President-Elect later pledged in a speech to the American Legion that one of his top foreign policy priorities would be “to end the era of nation-building, and create a new foreign policy . . . that is focused on destroying ISIS and Radical Islamic Terrorism.”

Whoever the President-Elect taps to be his secretary of state will play a crucial role in shaping the President-Elect’s vision for the future of American foreign policy. One person reportedly “under serious consideration” to fill the position is United States Congresswoman Tulsi Gabbard (D-HI), who made headlines in February when she resigned as vice chairwoman of the Democratic National Committee in order to endorse Bernie Sanders for President.

Rep. Gabbard embodies the very essence of the President-Elect’s ideological departure from the interventionist policies that have plagued this nation for the past two decades. One need look no further than her June 17 interview with Wolf Blitzer for evidence of her commitment to breaking with the current orthodoxy.

When Blitzer asked Rep. Gabbard if she was endorsing Hillary Clinton for president, she replied, “I am not prepared to do that. There are a lot of things that I'm looking at, in particular this issue that she has not moved on at all in this campaign, which is this commitment to continue this interventionist regime change policy in Syria that's proving to be so disastrous.”

Rep. Gabbard is uniquely qualified to make these judgments. In 2002, at age 21, she was elected to the Hawaiian state legislature.

Within the next two years, Rep. Gabbard had joined the Hawaii National Guard and volunteered to deploy to Iraq, in which she served two tours of duty. At the time, the Honolulu Advertiser quoted Rep. Gabbard as saying, "Although I was not activated, . . . I volunteered to go with (her fellow Guardsmen) because I felt it was my duty as a soldier and a friend to join them in the service of our country.”

Rep. Gabbard recognizes not only the duty to serve, but she also recognizes the duty to assist those who have served. Rep. Gabbard’s opposition to interventionist foreign policy strategies is grounded in the understanding that those strategies breed reckless destruction abroad and at home. Appearing on CNN’s New Day, Rep. Gabbard expressed the need to have a President with the judgment and foresight to stop reckless foreign entanglements, for such ventures produce an ever increasing number of “veterans who come home and who suffer from these invisible wounds.” Rep. Gabbard’s passion for assisting those who have served has also made her one of the most outspoken critics of the scandal dogging the Department of Veterans Affairs.

Finally, Rep. Gabbard is not one to play politics. On Monday, the President-Elect invited her to Trump Tower to discuss the United States’ Syria policies and approaches to fighting terrorism. Rep. Gabbard did not let her differences with the President-Elect dictate whether she accepted his invitation.

After their meeting, the Congresswoman put out a statement describing the substance of the meeting, and declared, “Let me be clear, I will never allow partisanship to undermine our national security when the lives of countless people lay in the balance.”

Rep. Gabbard stands on principle, not politics, and that makes her an impeccable choice for Secretary of State.
More: http://thehill.com/blogs/pundits-blog/the-administration/307527-tulsi-gabbard-is-the-pick-for-secretary-of-state-not

angelatc
11-27-2016, 11:24 AM
The Hill just likes her because she's a Democrat. But she's anti-war which is a good thing. If she isn't some closet globalist, I'm ok with it.

But the problem with Democrats is that they are even more likely to peddle influence than Republicans. I'm not even sure why we need a state department.

Brian4Liberty
11-27-2016, 11:32 AM
The Hill just likes her because she's a Democrat. But she's anti-war which is a good thing. If she isn't some closet globalist, I'm ok with it.

But the problem with Democrats is that they are even more likely to peddle influence than Republicans. I'm not even sure why we need a state department.

She also stood up to Hillary and Wasserman-Schultz, and resigned her DNC Vice-Chair position in protest of their fixing the primaries.

juleswin
11-27-2016, 11:37 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4OvQIGDg4I

Secretaries of State are good with dealing with heads of state, they take information from diplomats and heads of state and deliver it to the president. They have people skills, they are good at healing with people :)

angelatc
11-27-2016, 11:41 AM
She also stood up to Hillary and Wasserman-Schultz, and resigned her DNC Vice-Chair position in protest of their fixing the primaries.

So it's possible she might end up being the new face of the Democrats. That's kind of scary.

nbhadja
11-27-2016, 12:06 PM
Dana Rohrabacher is also another candidate for SoS. Both would be great choices... Way better than Romney Giuliani Bolton Petraeus etc.

enhanced_deficit
11-27-2016, 08:58 PM
Tulsi Gabbard’s screw-the-neocons meeting with Trump sparks anger, derision, encouragement

US Politics Philip Weiss on November 24, 2016 63 Comments (http://mondoweiss.net/2016/11/gabbards-neocons-encouragement/#comments)
HI Rep. Tulsi Gabbard

During his round of interviewing potential job applicants, Donald Trump had one meeting with a Democratic politician: Hawaii Congresswoman Tulsi Gabbard, a leading antiwar figure, an Iraq war veteran and Bernie Sanders ally and former rising star in the party.
The Monday meeting is important because of what Gabbard said about foreign policy: screw the neoconservatives and dump the idea of regime change in Syria, which Hillary Clinton had supported. The meeting thus contains seeds of ideological convergence between the antiwar left and right. It has been read as misguided, tragic, or hopeful– depending on the observer’s point of view. Here’s a short tour.
First off, Gabbard filed her own report, titled (https://medium.com/@TulsiGabbard/my-meeting-with-donald-trump-dadffadf36b5#.35bezq854)“My meeting with Donald Trump.” (https://medium.com/@TulsiGabbard/my-meeting-with-donald-trump-dadffadf36b5#.c090jqk0n) She said the meeting was all about Syria; and she called out the neoconservatives and others advocating intervention.

This was an opportunity to advocate for peace — and I felt it was important to take the opportunity to meet with the President-elect to counteract neocons’ steady drumbeats of war, which threaten to drag us into an escalation of the war to overthrow the Syrian government.
This war has already cost hundreds of thousands of lives and forced millions of refugees to flee their homes in search of safety for themselves and their families. It has also strengthened al-Qaeda and other violent, extremist groups in the region. It would have been irresponsible not to accept this invitation. I feel it is my duty to take every single opportunity I get to advocate for peace, no matter the circumstances of those meetings.

I shared with him my grave concerns that escalating the war in Syria by implementing a so-called no fly/safe zone would be disastrous for the Syrian people, our country, and the world. It would lead to more death and suffering, exacerbate the refugee crisis, strengthen ISIS and al-Qaeda and bring us into a direct conflict with Russia–potentially resulting in a nuclear war. We discussed my bill to end our country’s illegal war to overthrow the Syrian government and the need to focus our precious resources on rebuilding our own country, and on defeating al-Qaeda, ISIS, and other terrorist groups who pose a threat to the American people.

- See more at: http://mondoweiss.net/2016/11/gabbards-neocons-encouragement/

alucard13mm
11-28-2016, 04:37 AM
Gabbard.. maybe this will get her ready for her POTUS run. Honestly, I would take her over the future Chelsea Clinton.