PDA

View Full Version : Boom, Clunk! The other shoe has dropped...

Weston White
11-27-2016, 04:28 AM
Hillary Clinton’s campaign will participate in vote recounts of Wisconsin, Pennsylvania and Michigan if they take place, drawing a rebuke from Donald Trump’s team that the Democrat is being a “sore loser” and part of a “ridiculous” effort. ... “What a pack of sore losers,” she said in a statement. “After asking Mr. Trump and his team a million times on the trail, ‘Will HE accept the election results?’ it turns out Team Hillary and their new BFF Jill Stein can’t accept reality.”

http://www.bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2016-11-26/clinton-campaign-will-participate-in-stein-s-state-recounts

osan
11-27-2016, 06:34 AM
http://www.bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2016-11-26/clinton-campaign-will-participate-in-stein-s-state-recounts

Well color me blind-sided... never saw that coming. Nosir...

Origanalist
11-27-2016, 06:37 AM
Well color me blind-sided... never saw that coming. Nosir...

http://pixel.nymag.com/imgs/daily/vulture/2014/10/22/keanu-reeves-facial-expressions/4-billtedscared.w529.h352.jpg

Mike4Freedom
11-27-2016, 08:23 AM
I wonder why Stein is doing this. Could it be because maybe the vote counts are wrong and Trump won by a higher margin and she wants to expose vote rigging?
It is really strange. I do not think she was threatened. Who knows

seapilot
11-27-2016, 12:19 PM
Two likely scenarios :

1. Stein is getting paid off by Clinton so she can rig the vote or delay electoral college votes.

2. Free Airtime/name recognition for a future Green Party run and to recruit green party members. She knows that nothing will change which will give Hillary a second loss (Bernie Sanders revenge) and becomes a new leader to the progressives for showing she is for election integrity. This would also dispel the Russian conspiracy theory the establishment has concocted.

enhanced_deficit
11-27-2016, 12:27 PM
Michelle Obama's he-she confusion (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?504689-Michelle-Obama-s-he-she-confusion&)

"HE is threatening the very idea of America itself...you do not keep American democracy in suspense".

Zippyjuan
11-27-2016, 12:43 PM
Would Trump or his supporters be in favor of "silly" recounts if he was the one on the losing side? He did say the elections were all rigged. Rigging is fine if you are the winner. Or as Obama and Sanders have said, they weren't rigged and a recount won't change anything.

Brian4Liberty
11-27-2016, 12:51 PM
Two likely scenarios :

1. Stein is getting paid off by Clinton so she can rig the vote or delay electoral college votes.

2. Free Airtime/name recognition for a future Green Party run and to recruit green party members. She knows that nothing will change which will give Hillary a second loss (Bernie Sanders revenge) and becomes a new leader to the progressives for showing she is for election integrity. This would also dispel the Russian conspiracy theory the establishment has concocted.

Option 2 for sure is in play.

And the money she is raising is probably another motivating factor.

jonhowe
11-27-2016, 01:19 PM
Would Trump or his supporters be in favor of "silly" recounts if he was the one on the losing side? He did say the elections were all rigged. Rigging is fine if you are the winner. Or as Obama and Sanders have said, they weren't rigged and a recount won't change anything.

Here, let me try pointing fingers:
Would Clinton or her supporters be in favor of "silly" recounts if she was the one on the winning side? She did say the elections were to be trusted no matter what. Rigging is fine if you are the winner. Or as Obama and Sanders have said, they weren't rigged and a recount won't change anything.

Did i do it right? Was I childish enough?

(No offense zippy: I see everyone making the "well if the situation was reversed" argument, which is essentially the "we're bad people, too" argument.)

staerker
11-27-2016, 01:39 PM

Champuckett
11-27-2016, 02:36 PM
Jill Stein said on Twitter she would be open to recounts in other states. She certainly now has the money to do it after gaining massive funds from the kickstarter, especially in smaller pop states like New Hampshire and Maine, so what is she waiting for? Not holding my breath on her doing that as the states her "lawyers" felt were most important happened to all be states won by Trump. The Clinton won states, despite smaller margins of victory (New Hampshire), were ignored.

Have some consistency and integrity Jill and then I'll gladly support your enthusiasm for "integrity of the election". As it stands right now, the only thing integrity has to do with this is the Green Party's presidential candidate losing what she had left of it.

specsaregood
11-27-2016, 02:48 PM

I read an article the other day that said Obama called her and "encouraged" her to concede the election.

Anti Federalist
11-27-2016, 03:10 PM

I have no problem with it.

It calls attention the electronic voting machines and how easy they are liable to fraud and hacking.

Count to their hearts content, and then we'll have real shitstorm on our hands if the results overturn the election.

Which I am also in favor of.

Anything that stabs at the heart of the system's legitimacy is fine by me, even if it is stabbed for hate's sake alone. (apologies to Melville)

osan
11-27-2016, 03:16 PM
I wonder why Stein is doing this. Could it be because maybe the vote counts are wrong and Trump won by a higher margin and she wants to expose vote rigging?

Possible, but I doubt it. The clue lies in the caveat on the website where it says the money may not "all" go for recount action. It would appear that Stein is lining her campaign coffer for the next cycle... or that beachfront property for which she's been jonesing.

It is really strange. I do not think she was threatened. Who knows

Whatever it is, I think it is safe to say that it is not good. Just thinking about that "woman" (YEEEEESH) drives me to the shower. Speaking of which...

The Northbreather
11-27-2016, 03:25 PM
It's for the earth.