PDA

View Full Version : Shocker? Doug Wead calls for Rudy Giuliani for SoS ?

eleganz
11-26-2016, 05:57 AM
If it was a joke, I certainly didn't get it.

https://dougwead.wordpress.com/2016/11/25/dear-mr-trump-give-us-rudy-giuliani/

Dear Mr. President-Elect:

As one who was loyal early and long, right after my own Rand Paul dropped out, and took a lot of heat for it, please, please give us Rudy !

Here are three big reasons you should pick Rudolph Giuliani as Secretary of State.

THREE REASONS FOR DONALD TRUMP TO PICK RUDOLPH GIULIANI

1) He is the most qualified and successful politician-statesman alive. He succeeds at everything he does.

Working in the Justice Department and for the State of New York, he more than any other figure, brought down the famous five families of the Mafia which had been an intractable problem for the economy and society of America for generations.

He ended the reign of violence on the streets of New York, which was once like Chicago is today under Rahm Emanuel.

My feel is that he needs a new challenge. And this is it.

Actors who are good at one part often get type cast and need a new role to challenge their skills and give them range. Rudolph Giuliani, who succeeds at everything he does, needs that challenge. And you need him at your side.

As Mayor of New York City, he made the city great again and he can help you do that for America in the world.

Still want to drain the swamp? He did it in New York.

2.) He was loyal.

I’m not against your narrative of “team of rivals.” I think you are generous and smart to reach out to Mitt Romney and others who dissed you and involve them in your campaign to make America great again.

And Romney’s effort to turn the world of LDS against you didn’t work. Which makes your generosity all the more meaningful. And yes, you want to heal that. You SHOULD heal that.

So make Mitt the Ambassador to the Court of St. James.

But don’t disappoint someone who risked everything for you when it looked like you couldn’t win. And who was willing to sit on the sidelines with ignominy for the rest of his life. For you.

3.) He is Catholic. And you won those rust belt states of Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio and Pennsylvania by picking up former union workers, so called “Reagan Democrats” who are Catholic.

Okay, I hear you. We have six Catholics on the Supreme Court.

But now you have a vice president and a secretary of education and a secretary of HUD who are evangelical Christians. Time for a Catholic. Who is loyal to you and a genius at everything he does.

Give us Rudy. You need him. Team of rivals is good. Team of genius is better.

Sola_Fide
11-26-2016, 06:19 AM
Less Wead

brandon
11-26-2016, 06:49 AM
Is this serious? What hapened to this guy

eleganz
11-26-2016, 07:29 AM
Is this serious? What hapened to this guy

At first I thought Doug was taking a stab at his first onion-style piece...

Pizzo
11-26-2016, 08:08 AM
Well that's.....disappointing.

Sola_Fide
11-26-2016, 08:44 AM
Well that's.....disappointing.

You realize what an important figure Ron Paul really was. He was the most important figure in politics in our lifetimes. He was a leader that brought unprincipled people to principled positions.

Anti Federalist
11-26-2016, 10:57 AM
You realize what an important figure Ron Paul really was. He was the most important figure in politics in our lifetimes. He was a leader that brought unprincipled people to principled positions.

Often kicking and screaming...

The Northbreather
11-26-2016, 11:08 AM
I wasn't expecting that

enhanced_deficit
11-26-2016, 01:09 PM
Not sure what qualifications he has for SoS position but knowing Trump and his romance with birther movement, Rudy probably would be seen as "very qualified".

http://www.livenewschat.eu/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/GIULIANI-pres.-obama-doesnt-live-america.jpg

Romney is polished neocons puppet but won't be surprised if Trump dumped Romney after "serious consideration". Rudy is unpolished politician and may even damage global support building capability that is so essential for foreign intervention and spreading freedoms around the world.