PDA

View Full Version : Ben Carson considering accepting HUD cabinet position

UWDude
11-23-2016, 11:50 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/11/22/doctor-is-in-trump-tweets-hes-considering-carson-for-top-hud-job.html

Former Republican presidential candidate Dr. Ben Carson is close to accepting the position of secretary of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) in President-elect Donald Trump's cabinet, a GOP source with knowledge of the offer told Fox News late Tuesday.

The source said Carson would consider Trump's offer over the Thanksgiving holiday before making a final decision.

On Tuesday, Carson told Fox News' "Your World with Neil Cavuto" that the HUD position was "one of the offers [from Trump] that is on the table."

"Our inner cities are in terrible shape," Carson said. "And they definitely need some real attention. There have been so many promises made over the last several decades and nothing has been done, so it certainly is something that has been a long-term interest of mine."

parocks
11-24-2016, 03:15 AM
How about Ron for Surgeon General? Treasury would be better, but that'd be ok. Carson also a Dr, thought he might be Surgeon General.

jct74
11-24-2016, 03:51 AM
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/11/22/doctor-is-in-trump-tweets-hes-considering-carson-for-top-hud-job.html

Please post stuff like cabinet appointments to U.S. Political News. 2016 Presidential Election is really only for ongoing reaction to or analysis of the election, or electoral college/recount stuff... it will probably be archived soon. Also, it is helpful to copy a few lines of text from the article, try to do that as a courtesy to everyone else if you can. Thanks. :)

Zippyjuan
11-24-2016, 02:12 PM
From just a few days ago: http://www1.cbn.com/cbnnews/world/2016/november/crucifix-replaced-on-iraqs-bashiqa-church

Ben Carson Opens Up about Declining Trump Cabinet Post

Ben Carson, a staunch supporter of President-elect Donald Trump, is opening up about his decision to take his name off the list for serving as a possible cabinet member in The White House.

The news may come as a surprise to many after Carson was seen campaigning for Trump at events and appearing on numerous television outlets speaking up for him.

"The way I'm leaning is to work from the outside and not from the inside," Carson said in a Nov. 15 interview with The Washington Post. "I want to have the freedom to work on many issues and not be pigeonholed into one particular area."

"I've said that if it came to a point where he absolutely needs me, I'd reconsider. But I don't think that's the situation with these positions," he said. "My view is that if some people and the media are going to hate him, then he's going to need allies on the outside to be there, to be there to move the country forward. I don't care about a position.'

Carson calls himself a "fish out of water" when it comes to being a federal bureaucrat.

According to Carson, he was offered a position but did not elaborate on what he would have done under Trump's lead. He did say that he will continue public speaking as well as doing media appearances and visiting with Trump.