PDA

View Full Version : Trump: I don't want to 'energize' alt-right movement

CaseyJones
11-22-2016, 02:18 PM
https://origin-nyi.thehill.com/homenews/administration/307209-trump-on-alt-right-support-i-want-to-look-into-it-and-find-out-why

President-elect Donald Trump on Tuesday said he did not want to “energize” the alt-right movement and denounced the conference held over the weekend where white nationalists cheered his election and used Nazi-era terms and salutes.

“I disavow and condemn them,” Trump said at an on-the-record session with New York Times reporters and columnists when asked directly about the meeting.

He also said he didn’t believe that he had energized such groups.

“It's not a group I want to energize,” Trump said. “And if they are energized I want to look into it and find out why.”

White supremacist and Nazi groups have latched on to Trump’s campaign and victory, arguing at times that it represents a victory for their own cause.

At its annual conference in Washington, D.C. on Saturday, National Policy Institute leader Richard Spencer addressed the crowd with “Hail Trump, hail our people, hail victory!,” according to The Atlantic.

Spencer, according to a separate report in the Times, suggested at the conference that the news media had been critical of Trump to protect Jewish interests.

“One wonders if these people are people at all, or instead soulless golem,” he said, according to the Times.

The Trump team at times has sought to distance itself from such groups. Eric Trump at one point said former Ku Klux Klan leader David Duke should get “a bullet.”

But the remarks to the Times represent the first time that Trump has outright condemned last week’s event, news of which has circulated heavily on social media in recent days.

In a Monday night statement, a spokesman for Trump’s transition team said that Trump continues to denounce all racism, but didn’t directly acknowledge the conference.

“President-elect Trump has continued to denounce racism of any kind and he elected because he will be a leader for every American,” spokesman Bryan Lanza said in the Monday statement.

Trump’s decision to appoint Breitbart News executive Steve Bannon as his White House strategist has also been condemned by Democrats who say Breitbart is an alt-right news site that includes news articles meant to incite white nationalists.

Bannon and Trump’s transition team have pushed back at that narrative, and Trump defended his former campaign chairman to the Times.

Trump dismissed any notion that Bannon is a racist or is associated with the “alt-right” movement.

“If I thought he was a racist or alt-right or any of the things, the terms we could use, I wouldn't even think about hiring him,” Trump reportedly said.

UWDude
11-22-2016, 04:44 PM
In comes the media, saying Bannon is editor of alt-right, and calling Trump a liar because they defined the alt-right as the neo-nazis, and then asked him if he supports neo-nazis.

Predictable.

I read once in Playboy, in the 90's, a David Bowie quote, he said "I believe we are moving into an age of deconstruction, where because of an overload of information, the truth becomes irrelevant"

Trumps truth will be in action, not in words, and not in framed media narratives.

dannno
11-22-2016, 04:48 PM
Fuck the media. Good God.

If Trump said that he didn't want to energize the alt-right, why didn't they post a quote where he said he didn't want to energize the alt-right?

Notice how they only put the word "energize" in quotes, then go on to define the neo-nazis he was talking about as alt-right.

They did this through the entire campaign.. They would literally quote ONE word from Donald Trump and then make up an entire narrative surrounding it. It's so fucking stupid. The mainstream media totally deserves what is coming to them.

undergroundrr
11-22-2016, 05:27 PM
$#@! the media. Good God.

If Trump said that he didn't want to energize the alt-right, why didn't they post a quote where he said he didn't want to energize the alt-right?

Notice how they only put the word "energize" in quotes, then go on to define the neo-nazis he was talking about as alt-right.

They did this through the entire campaign.. They would literally quote ONE word from Donald Trump and then make up an entire narrative surrounding it. It's so $#@!ing stupid. The mainstream media totally deserves what is coming to them.

Stop slavering - http://www.breitbart.com/2016-presidential-race/2016/11/22/donald-trump-disavow-alt-right-groups/

“I don’t want to energize the group, and I disavow the group,” Trump said. “It’s not a group I want to energize. And if they are energized I want to look into it and find out why.”... “I’ve known Steve Bannon a long time. If I thought he was a racist, or alt-right … I wouldn’t even think about hiring him,” he said.

Anyhow, what are you worrying about? trump is not a NY progressive with neocon leanings at all. He is really, really alt-right. He's just waiting until he takes office to manifest it. This is a man who knows when to play his cards.

dannno
11-22-2016, 05:29 PM
Stop slavering - http://www.breitbart.com/2016-presidential-race/2016/11/22/donald-trump-disavow-alt-right-groups/

Anyhow, what are you worrying about? trump is not a NY progressive with neocon leanings at all. He is really, really alt-right. He's just waiting until he takes office to manifest it. This is a man who knows when to play his cards.

Once again, can you show me a quote where he says he doesn't want to energize the alt-right? I mean, come on man, seriously, these are words we are talking about. They aren't invisible.

He was talking about a white nationalist group, not the alt-right. The quote about hiring Steve Bannon was a totally separate quote and a different question. Not to mention, when the media says "alt-right" Trump knows they are talking about white nationalists, even though the alt-right does not equate to white nationalism. So he has to cater his answer to the audience. That's part of why Trump is not very consistent on his positions, he knows different groups have different meanings for different words and phrases.

undergroundrr
11-22-2016, 05:34 PM
He was talking about a white nationalist group, not the alt-right.

Why on earth would Breitbart say "Trump denied that he had energized the alt-right, but again disavowed the movement." Are they now co-opted fake news?

dannno
11-22-2016, 05:38 PM
Why on earth would Breitbart say "Trump denied that he had energized the alt-right, but again disavowed the movement." Are they now co-opted fake news?

I have no idea what their motivations are for doing that, maybe it is because the mainstream media is looking to Breitbart more now because they have better access and they are trying to spin some sort of narrative for them.

The Gold Standard
11-22-2016, 05:46 PM
Oops.

UWDude
11-22-2016, 05:53 PM
Here's the deal, go tot the_donald, see how much they care about this statement. they don't. Alt-right is the media label given to them.

eleganz
11-22-2016, 05:55 PM
A lot of my friends are already associating the nazi movement to Donald Trump, thanks fake news.

undergroundrr
11-22-2016, 06:07 PM
The quote about hiring Steve Bannon was a totally separate quote and a different question.

So, he's okay with the alt-right folks, he would just never hire one?

dannno
11-22-2016, 06:16 PM
So, he's okay with the alt-right folks, he would just never hire one?

Steve Bannon is alt-right, much more-so than any white nationalist - and Trump hired him - Steve Bannon is not racist - the media claims that the alt-right is all racist, that is the narrative. So a lot of people who ARE alt-right, but not married to the term (like Steve Bannon) have simply abandoned it for the time being. Rather than fight the narrative about the alt-right, Trump is basically just giving it up. It's not really a term worth fighting for, at the moment at least. Right now they have other objectives.

undergroundrr
11-22-2016, 06:21 PM
but not married to the term (like Steve Bannon)

Bannon is married to his Goldman Sachs fortune and Mercer's money. I agree that he'll throw the alt-right tag right into the dumpster (out back of Comet Pizza) if it no longer serves either of those. How's that for fake news?

liveandletlive
11-22-2016, 06:39 PM
i hate to agree with liberals, but this "alt right" thing needs to get dropped. There is nothing alternative about their ideology. I've looked into them extensively. Its just a bunch of neo-nazis, white nationalists. Old wine in a new bottle.

The only true alternative to authoritarianism, statist and collectivist bullsh*t is and always will be libertarianism.

Zippyjuan
11-22-2016, 07:13 PM
If he doesn't like the alt- Right he should let Steve Bannon go.

brandon
11-22-2016, 10:29 PM
i hate to agree with liberals, but this "alt right" thing needs to get dropped. There is nothing alternative about their ideology. I've looked into them extensively. Its just a bunch of neo-nazis, white nationalists. Old wine in a new bottle.

The only true alternative to authoritarianism, statist and collectivist bullsh*t is and always will be libertarianism.

Agreed, alt right needs to die. I'm ready for the resurgence of the libertarian republicans.

Seraphim
11-22-2016, 10:38 PM
Ok folks let's do some basic math.

1 auditorium of MAYBE 250 people yelling HEIL TRUMP

VS

DAY AFTER DAY AFTER DAY of Trump filling ARENAS with tens of thousands of people pushing 6 digits...and sometimes doing this 2-4 times in a single day across State lines.

So who's the real alt-right?

CPUd
11-22-2016, 10:49 PM
Ok folks let's do some basic math.

1 auditorium of MAYBE 250 people yelling HEIL TRUMP

VS

DAY AFTER DAY AFTER DAY of Trump filling ARENAS with tens of thousands of people pushing 6 digits...and sometimes doing this 2-4 times in a single day across State lines.

So who's the real alt-right?

He had a few big rallies at certain points during the campaign, but most of his rallies were under 10,000 people. The campaign would offer tickets in advance, many more than the venue would hold. The reason for this was so he could claim the number of tickets given out as the rally attendance, and also to have groups of people waiting outside so he could claim his events were bringing in even more people. What happened several times was the Trump fans outside got turned away and they congregated at the gates instead of staying in the line, the security could not keep them separate from the protesters and there was a big mess.

Seraphim
11-22-2016, 10:52 PM
He had a few big rallies at certain points during the campaign, but most of his rallies were under 10,000 people. The campaign would offer tickets in advance, many more than the venue would hold. The reason for this was so he could claim the number of tickets given out as the rally attendance, and also to have groups of people waiting outside so he could claim his events were bringing in even more people. What happened several times was the Trump fans outside got turned away and they congregated at the gates instead of staying in the line, the security could not keep them separate from the protesters and there was a big mess.

I've seen so many videos of massive crowds all over the USA. His turnouts blew Clinton's right out of the water.

it was a lot of people. A lot. That was the point. Lot's and lot's of people. vs a tiny little faction that couldnt get 1000 real neo nazis to stand up together at once.

CPUd
11-22-2016, 10:58 PM
I've seen so many videos of massive crowds all over the USA. His turnouts blew Clinton's right out of the water.

it was a lot of people. A lot. That was the point. Lot's and lot's of people. vs a tiny little faction that couldnt get 1000 real neo nazis to stand up together at once.

huge crowds, the best crowds, completely drowned out the small groups of protesters. mAGA!

AuH20
11-22-2016, 11:11 PM
Agreed, alt right needs to die. I'm ready for the resurgence of the libertarian republicans.

They cucked out. This phenomenon is partially their fault. Some of the Alt Right may be unsavory, but they do fight the opposition like mad dogs. Even Ron Paul is disgusted with the state of libertarianism that dances to the tune of the progs.

Jesse James
11-23-2016, 06:25 AM
They cucked out. This phenomenon is partially their fault. Some of the Alt Right may be unsavory, but they do fight the opposition like mad dogs. Even Ron Paul is disgusted with the state of libertarianism that dances to the tune of the progs.
Ron is disgusted with the DC libertarian establishment. always has been. nothing has changed. he is still an anti-state libertarian

Todd
11-23-2016, 07:11 AM
Fuck the media. Good God.

They did this through the entire campaign.. They would literally quote ONE word from Donald Trump and then make up an entire narrative surrounding it. It's so fucking stupid. The mainstream media totally deserves what is coming to them.

Quoted for truth.

rpfocus
11-23-2016, 03:20 PM

Yet he still lost the popular vote. Oh wait, THOSE votes are fake and rigged.

dannno
11-23-2016, 03:50 PM
Yet he still lost the popular vote. Oh wait, THOSE votes are fake and rigged.

Yep, 3 million+ illegal votes for Hillary, that Trump overcame to win the electoral.

rpfocus
11-23-2016, 05:19 PM
Yep, 3 million+ illegal votes for Hillary, that Trump overcame to win the electoral.

Oh you don't have to tell me. The only votes that are legitimate are the ones for Trump. He won the popular vote. Bigly. Believe me.

http://www.dabeagle.com/images/muttley.jpg

dannno
11-23-2016, 05:51 PM
Oh you don't have to tell me. The only votes that are legitimate are the ones for Trump. He won the popular vote. Bigly. Believe me.

http://www.dabeagle.com/images/muttley.jpg

Um, no, actually, there were 3 million+ illegal votes cast for Hillary. There is a thread on it here. Trump won big because the mainstream media lied about him almost every day for over a year straight, and there are a minority of retarded people in this country who still believe the mainstream media. They are the ones who thought Trump was going to lose big.. They are the one who thought Trump was down 8 points in Florida. Don't be one of them.