PDA

View Full Version : Trump Meets With New York Times

goldenequity
11-22-2016, 02:10 PM
It was first scheduled, then canceled, a mix-up / straighten up of communication, then meeting took place.

Don't know when/if a video will surface or an official transcript...
but here is a series of tweets on the meeting from start to finish.

================
================

Trump is at NYT, says he has been treated unfairly during campaign. Says he'd like to improve relationship,that it would make his job easier
=========
Trump says he had added stops in Michigan in final days because their team had heard that Clinton was concerned about the state.
======
Trump on the experience of the campaign: "It's been 18 months of brutality in a true sense."
=====
"We had a great victory," Trump says. "I'll see every once in awhile someone says, 'Well, the popular vote.'"
=====
"I'd rather do the popular vote," Trump says. "I think we'd do as well or better." Says he was "never a fan of the electoral college."
=======
Adds: "Until now." Also says Electoral College "gets you out to" see states you wouldn't otherwise.
=========
Without EC "You wouldn't leave New York," Trump says.
========
"The African-American community liked me. They liked what I was saying," Trump says.
==
I'll be tweeting portions of our NYT meeting with president-elect Trump. Follow along.
========
Trump on alt-right supporters: "It's not a group I want to energize. And if they are energized I want to look into it and find out why."
=========
Trump says "no" when asked if he is taking investigations off the table for Clintons but adds he doesn't want to "hurt the Clintons."
====
Says he wants to move on and move forward. "I'm not looking to go back and go through this," Trump says.
===
Trump on disappointing his supporters re Clinton: "I don't think they will be disappointed..." 1/2
=======
2/2 "I think I will explain it that we in many ways will save our country."
======
"Clean air is vitally important," Trump says about climate change. Says he is keeping "an open mind."
===
"I think there is some connectivity" between humans and climate change, Trump says.
========
"My inclination would be for whatever power I have on the matter is to say let's go forward.This has been looked at for so long, ad nauseum"
=====
That last tweet was Trump making clear he doesn't favor prosecution. Added people could argue the Clinton Foundation has done "good work."
==========
"I think it would be very very divisive for the country," Trump says about prosecuting the Clintons.
=========
Tom Friedman asks if Trump will withdraw from climate change accords. Trump: “I’m looking at it very closely. I have an open mind to it."
======
Trump on his businesses/conflict q's: "The law's totally on my side, the president can't have a conflict of interest."
=====
"My company's so unimportant to me relative to what I'm doing." Trump.
=====
Trump acknowledges the DC hotel he owns is "probably a more valuable asset than it was before." Says the brand is "hotter."
====
"I might have brought it up," Trump says of Farage meeting and wind farms.
=======
"I don't care about anything having anything to do" with something other than the U.S., Trump says. "I don't want to influence anything."
=======
Trump says "in theory" he could continue signing checks at his company, but he is "phasing that out now" and giving to his kids.
======
"In theory I could run my business perfectly and then run the country perfectly. There's never been a case like this,"he says of his tangles
=========
"I'd assumed that you'd have to set up some type of trust or whatever and you don't," Trump says.But he adds "I would like to do something."
=====
On Bannon:"If I thought he was a racist or alt-right or any of the things, the terms we could use, I wouldn't even think about hiring him."
========
Trump on Bannon: "I think it's very hard on him. I think he's having a hard time with it. Because it's not him."
=========
Trump: "Breitbart is just a publication."
========
"A lot of people are coming to his defense right now," Trump says of Bannon. Reince voices support too at conference table.
==========
"Paul Ryan, right now, loves me. Mitch McConnell loves me," Trump says. Then says, "I've liked Chuck Schumer for a long time."
========
Trump then says, "I think I was the first person that ever contributed to Chuck Schumer." Says Chuck may not admit that.
=========
"These people are really angry," Trump says of people who supported him in formerly-Dem states. They're "the forgotten man and woman."
=====
Trump is asked about concerns from minority groups about Breitbart News’s coverage under Steve Bannon. His reply:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cx4yaVrXEAAAiwY.jpg
======
Trump says Tim Cook from Apple called him, so did Bill Gates.
============
Trump gets asked again about the alt-right conference. 'Boy you are really into" this issue, Trump replies. Then disavows again.
===========
Trump asked about potential pushback on an infrastructure plan from GOP leaders. "Right now, they're in love with me," Trump says.
======
Trump laughs he would "live about 20 years longer if I didn't" read the Times.
======
Trump says he won the presidency "easily," adds, "I helped numerous senators" and then says Ayotte "would love a job in the administration."
=========
Of Ayotte, Trump says, "No, thank you."
====
"I feel comfortable," Trump says of adapting to the job.
==========
"I had a great meeting with President Obama," Trump says, says he never met him before. "I really liked him a lot."
=======
"He said very nice things after the meeting and I said very nice things about him," Trump says of Obama.Says he didn't know if he'd like him.
===
"I think he's looking to do absolutely the right thing for the country in terms of transition," Trump says of Obama.
=========
He did tell me what he thought were the biggest problems, in particular one problem," Trump says. Won't say what that was.
=====

"I don't think we should be a nation-builder," Trump says of the US role in the world.

=======
"Syria, we have to solve that problem," Trump says. Adds he has a "different view than everybody else."
=======
Trump does a verbal eye-roll about @GrahamBlog talking about Syria.
======
Trump on Syria: "We have to end that craziness that's going on in Syria."
=====
Trump says he is "seriously considering" Mattis for DoD, says he asked Mattis about waterboarding, was surprised he didn't favor it.
=========
Trump gets asked about his commitment to first amendment, says, "I think you'll be happy."
======
I asked PEOTUS what role he sees Kushner playing. Indicates formal role unlikely but he could be a player on Mideast peace.
=========
Our meeting with Trump is now over. Thanks for following along.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGD7luz9Wpw

goldenequity
11-22-2016, 02:28 PM
Dr. Ben Carson

Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump 3h3 hours ago
I am seriously considering Dr. Ben Carson as the head of HUD. I've gotten to know him well--he's a greatly talented person who loves people!
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/801110690387857408

Zippyjuan
11-22-2016, 07:14 PM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?504499-Trump-Cancels-Meeting-with-Failing-Inaccurate-Nasty-New-York-Times