PDA

View Full Version : Amash Criticizes Trump's Foreign Business Contracts

EBounding
11-22-2016, 08:25 AM

presence
11-22-2016, 10:08 AM

twitter embed doesn't work for me, can you post a link instead?

EBounding
11-22-2016, 10:10 AM
twitter embed doesn't work for me, can you post a link instead?

http://i.imgur.com/GMafmPf.png
https://twitter.com/justinamash/status/800914868039655425?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

freejack
11-22-2016, 10:49 AM
I'm not sure where he's going with this. Does he want Trump to sell his overseas properties?

CPUd
11-22-2016, 11:25 AM
I think we're supposed to call them "consultants" now, to eliminate conflicts of interest.

osan
11-27-2016, 06:30 AM
I'm not sure where he's going with this. Does he want Trump to sell his overseas properties?

Consider the reality of all this "conflict of interest" hand-wringing, taken to its ultimately absurd end.

Firstly, consider the "six degrees of separation" deal. There is literally NOBODY on the planet to whom Trump could give away his properties, much less sell them, such that no conflict of interest concern could not be raised. No matter who gets the assets, the suspicion can always be plausibly raised that he is retaining control from behind the backdrop veil. There is no satisfying some people, and in some cases there is no satisfaction to be forthcoming. I would not expect a Clinton to be honest even if its life depended on it.

Sell it all to the kids for $1 and the potential remains. Sell it to a Kalahari bushman and the same concerns could be raised.

The only possible method of stamping out all concern for such conflict is to burn every stitch of Trump assets to the ground. I know there are plenty of progressives who will become uncontrollably engorged at this very thought, but the truth of that reality would be far less appealing than the fantasy.

The real and ultimate practical solution is transparency. Let there be no channels between Trump and his holdings that remains opaque during his tenure on the Seat.

Is real transparency not the penultimate solution for keeping "government" straight, short of eliminating that mob of fearsome predatory monsters?