PDA

View Full Version : Trump "Exploded" At Media Execs During Off-The-Record Meeting

FSP-Rebel
11-21-2016, 06:05 PM
Earlier today we reported that in a "summit" organized by Trump's campaign manager Kellyanne Conway, executives and anchors from the major US media outlets, including CNN president Jeff Zucker, ABC News president James Goldston, Fox News co-presidents Bill Shine and Jack Abernethy, and NBC News president Deborah Turness, visited Donald Trump at his Trump Tower penthouse for an off the record meeting.

Courtesy of the Post, we have a complete list of the participants at the Trump media meeting: the hour-long powwow included top execs from network and cable news channels. Among the attendees were NBC’s Deborah Turness, Lester Holt and Chuck Todd, ABC’s James Goldston, George Stephanopoulos, David Muir and Martha Raddatz, CBS’ Norah O’Donnell John Dickerson, Charlie Rose, Christopher Isham and Gayle King, Fox News’ Bill Shine, Jack Abernethy, Jay Wallace, Suzanne Scott, MSNBC’s Phil Griffin and CNN’s Jeff Zucker and Erin Burnett.

The contents of what was discussed were initially unclear.

Now, according to the Post, we learn that the President-elect "exploded at media bigs in an off-the-record Trump Tower powow on Monday."

“It was like a f—ing firing squad,” one source told the Post.

According to the Post's recound of the conversation, “Trump started with Jeff Zucker and said I hate your network, everyone at CNN is a liar and you should be ashamed…."

More...http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-11-21/trump-exploded-media-execs-during-record-meeting-it-was-f-king-firing-squad

LMFAO

donnay
11-21-2016, 06:07 PM
The Presstitutes.

GunnyFreedom
11-21-2016, 06:09 PM
Well. That will help generate positive coverage I am sure....

FunkBuddha
11-21-2016, 06:28 PM
Excellent. I hope he gave them opportunity to kiss the ring on the way out the door.

angelatc
11-21-2016, 06:31 PM
The president is not supposed to have a cozy relationship with the media. The more he ticks them off the better the odds they'll do their jobs.

Mordan
11-21-2016, 06:47 PM
More...http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-11-21/trump-exploded-media-execs-during-record-meeting-it-was-f-king-firing-squad

LMFAO

My browser tells me this is probably fake news.

goldenequity
11-21-2016, 06:56 PM
They should be worried.
The more they 'group' together...
the easier the target.
Basic freedom fighting 101... never stand in groups.
The Redcoats learned the hard way. ;)

dannno
11-21-2016, 06:59 PM

If Trump were getting positive coverage from the mainstream media, I would have to completely re-think my opinion of him.

Anti Federalist
11-21-2016, 07:07 PM

Meh.

Gotta say I love stuff like this.

He was never, ever going to get a "fair shake" let alone positive coverage.

I'd do the same, tell them all to pound salt and GTFO.

donnay
11-21-2016, 07:07 PM
If Trump were getting positive coverage from the mainstream media, I would have to completely re-think my opinion of him.

^^^This^^^

FunkBuddha
11-21-2016, 07:16 PM
Meh.

Gotta say I love stuff like this.

He was never, ever going to get a "fair shake" let alone positive coverage.

I'd do the same, tell them all to pound salt and GTFO.

Yep. He didn't need them to get to where he is and sure doesn't need them now that he's there.

Treat them like the little bitches they are and have been for years for the DNC. Pardon the crude reference.

Cleaner44
11-21-2016, 07:37 PM
Good, fuck the MSM.

scm
11-21-2016, 07:47 PM
Sorry. I'm still not buying it. EVERYONE hates CONgress(1) AND the MSM(2). He comes out and "calls them liars to their faces", his popularity goes up. More power to reneg on promises and do things against the people. No one going to care what he does as long as he keep saying the right shit. I truly belive the people are being played by this establishment clown.

(1) http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2014/nov/11/facebook-posts/congress-has-11-approval-ratings-96-incumbent-re-e/
(2) http://www.gallup.com/poll/195542/americans-trust-mass-media-sinks-new-low.aspx?g_source=Media%20distrust&g_medium=search&g_campaign=tiles

goldenequity
11-21-2016, 08:21 PM
Donald Trump’s media summit was a ‘f—ing firing squad’ (http://nypost.com/2016/11/21/donald-trumps-media-summit-was-a-f-ing-firing-squad/)

“Trump kept saying, ‘We’re in a room of liars, the deceitful dishonest media who got it all wrong.’
He addressed everyone in the room calling the media dishonest, deceitful liars.
He called out Jeff Zucker by name and said everyone at CNN was a liar,
and CNN was [a] network of liars,” the source said.

“Trump didn’t say [NBC reporter] Katy Tur by name,
but talked about an NBC female correspondent who got it wrong,
then he referred to a horrible network correspondent who cried
when Hillary lost who hosted a debate – which was Martha Raddatz
who was also in the room.”

The stunned reporters tried to get a word in edgewise to discuss access to a Trump Administration.

https://********************************/2016/11/gettyimages-624916402.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&w=910

https://********************************/2016/11/gettyimages-624943898.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&w=910

https://********************************/2016/11/usa-trump.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&w=910

“[CBS Good Morning co-host Gayle] King did not stand up, but asked some question,
‘How do you propose we the media work with you?’
Chuck Todd asked some pretty pointed questions.
David Muir asked ‘How are you going to cope living in DC while your family is in NYC?
It was a horrible meeting.”

hahaha

nobody's_hero
11-21-2016, 08:34 PM

LOL. The only vehicle they have to get back at Trump is a thoroughly discredited media system that no one would believe anyway. They should probably all just resign in disgrace.

They BLEW it. They put all of their eggs in the Hillary basket, and will never again be seen as unbiased media networks without agendas.

goldenequity
11-21-2016, 08:36 PM
Trump is an absolute madman!

In one day, he tells off every media head that conspired against him in the election,
went directly to the American people with his transition update (thereby neutering the media)
and stole the democrats rising star Tulsi Gabbard out from under them!

Jamesiv1
11-21-2016, 08:37 PM
I feel greater already.

GunnyFreedom
11-21-2016, 08:41 PM
LOL. The only vehicle they have to get back at Trump is a thoroughly discredited media system that no one would believe anyway. They should probably all just resign in disgrace.

They BLEW it. They put all of their eggs in the Hillary basket, and will never again be seen as unbiased media networks without agendas.

It wouldn't surprise me (nor offend me) if the whole thing weren't a ploy from the foundation to trigger the idiots and further reduce the media's credibility. All I'm saying is it will inspire vicious blowback. The best way to inspire extremely negative coverage is to double down on making them hate you. I did not actually weigh in on whether that will be good, bad, or indifferent to ours or any cause. It was more a simple statement (even if made sarcastically) on how the media cycle operates.

nobody's_hero
11-21-2016, 08:48 PM
It wouldn't surprise me (nor offend me) if the whole thing weren't a ploy from the foundation to trigger the idiots and further reduce the media's credibility. All I'm saying is it will inspire vicious blowback. The best way to inspire extremely negative coverage is to double down on making them hate you. I did not actually weigh in on whether that will be good, bad, or indifferent to ours or any cause. It was more a simple statement (even if made sarcastically) on how the media cycle operates.

IMO the biggest obstacle we faced in 2008 and again in 2012 was the MSM. We simply could not win the 'war for the minds' against such an entrenched machine. I would love for all of them to go bankrupt. I could see it only as a benefit.

goldenequity
11-21-2016, 08:48 PM
He's not stopping.

@realDonaldTrump: "Prior to the election it was well known that I have interests in properties all over the world. Only the crooked media makes this a big deal!"
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/800885097775955974

Then... IMMEDIATE feedback from the minions... someone asking him HOW he was responding to Spencer video 'Heil Trump!'.
Even if he doesn't respond... he's IMMEDIATELY up to speed for the next 'attack'.
This is good stuff. Me Like.

================

@realDonaldTrump: Many people would like to see nigel_Farage represent Great Britain as their Ambassador to the United States. He would do a great job!
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/800887087780294656

Think about it. From his living room...
to your face.
No filter. None.
I mean c'mon... this is insane.

Take the above tweet on Nigel Farage being UK ambassador to US.
He didn't 'ask' anyone. hahaha... the Hegemon Brits probably just pissed themselves.
R U Kiddn Me???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4r7wHMg5Yjg&spfreload=10

misterx
11-21-2016, 09:00 PM
“The meeting was a total disaster. The TV execs and anchors went in there thinking they would be discussing the access they would get to the Trump administration, but instead they got a Trump-style dressing down,”

:D He lured them in just to yell at them. That's some world-class trolling. This is going to be a good four years.

Jamesiv1
11-21-2016, 09:05 PM
:D He lured them in just to yell at them. That's some world-class trolling. This is going to be a good four years.
^this LOL

The Troller in Chief

TOTUS = Trollident Of The United States lol

Ender
11-21-2016, 09:59 PM
Sorry. I'm still not buying it. EVERYONE hates CONgress(1) AND the MSM(2). He comes out and "calls them liars to their faces", his popularity goes up. More power to reneg on promises and do things against the people. No one going to care what he does as long as he keep saying the right $#@!. I truly belive the people are being played by this establishment clown.

(1) http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2014/nov/11/facebook-posts/congress-has-11-approval-ratings-96-incumbent-re-e/
(2) http://www.gallup.com/poll/195542/americans-trust-mass-media-sinks-new-low.aspx?g_source=Media%20distrust&g_medium=search&g_campaign=tiles

My first thought on this, as well.

Thought Trump was going to be the Uniter. ;)

Philhelm
11-21-2016, 10:26 PM

He's a high level troll, and I approve.

Even if he isn't an incarnation of Ron Paul, I must confess that I am thoroughly enjoying his presidency...and he hasn't even been inaugurated. Hillary vanquished in the most humiliating fashion. Her crybaby supporters (their tears shall nourish my soul for decades). The riots. The incessant Twitter trolling from Trump. I anticipate that this will be a wonderfully spiteful four years. Fuck everyone.

GunnyFreedom
11-21-2016, 11:36 PM
He's a high level troll, and I approve.

Even if he isn't an incarnation of Ron Paul, I must confess that I am thoroughly enjoying his presidency...and he hasn't even been inaugurated. Hillary vanquished in the most humiliating fashion. Her crybaby supporters (their tears shall nourish my soul for decades). The riots. The incessant Twitter trolling from Trump. I anticipate that this will be a wonderfully spiteful four years. Fuck everyone.

You do realize that it was precisely this attitude amongst Obamatons that led to the kneejerk to Trump, right? Let's just settle in and skull-pluck the left for the next four years, and then act all shocked when they elect Chairman Mao.

nobody's_hero
11-22-2016, 12:13 AM
You do realize that it was precisely this attitude amongst Obamatons that led to the kneejerk to Trump, right? Let's just settle in and skull-pluck the left for the next four years, and then act all shocked when they elect Chairman Mao.

The main difference is that 90% of the media networks were thoroughly backing Obama. Remember when Chris Matthews had tingles down his legs? People didn't realize (or perhaps, want to realize) how buddy-buddy the (now obviously-)liberal media elites were with the democrats until they reached the point of outrageously blind promotion with Hillary Clinton. I'm still absolutely shocked that they played their hands so openly. I doubt you could find one negative article during the campaign about Hillary Clinton between the lot of them. Of course some are scrambling to re-portray themselves as beacons of journalistic integrity, but I really don't think there's any going back from the obvious bias they displayed this year.

Trump has realized something. The more they attack him, the stronger his support grows. Granted, not too many people want a strong Trump, for the same reason no one particularly wants a strong 'anyone' in the White House. But I absolutely LOVE that the media has NO idea how to react to this situation. In the past, they have always been able to control the fate of politicians with a 30 minute news broadcast. That, is a tremendous and necessary power for a free press, but an abused power in the hands of agenda-driven corporate media elites. They squandered every bit of credibility they had with moderates and independents this election, and have doomed themselves to merely preaching to the choir for the rest of his administration. SJWs and perpetual college students with no real goals in life are indeed a loyal audience, and will be all too happy to keep tuning in, but most of America has turned off their TV sets.

Just as on the campaign trail, I warned that attacking Trump after he became the face of the grassroots (whether or not it was a deserved role) would only make him stronger. If they were smart, they wouldn't say a thing about him for the next 4 years, just as they should have stopped talking about him before he even made it out of the primaries. But they just can't resist, like moths to the light, they're gonna make him stronger. For better or worse.

openfire
11-22-2016, 02:04 AM
“Trump started with Jeff Zucker and said I hate your network, everyone at CNN is a liar and you should be ashamed…."

Wait, so you're telling me that CNN and the MSM really aren't in cahoots with Trump? Or is this story a part of the ongoing reverse-reverse-reverse-psyop to get Hillary elected?

dannno
11-22-2016, 02:05 AM
Donald Trump’s media summit was a ‘f—ing firing squad’ (http://nypost.com/2016/11/21/donald-trumps-media-summit-was-a-f-ing-firing-squad/)

The stunned reporters tried to get a word in edgewise to discuss access to a Trump Administration.

‘How do you propose we the media work with you?’,

hahaha

How about "No"

http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/8d/8d799c0a6719266173c3d7ce6fcca831e784e4574ca84447a4 5b0d5d0c7ea81c.jpg

Mordan
11-22-2016, 05:39 AM
Wait, so you're telling me that CNN and the MSM really aren't in cahoots with Trump? Or is this story a part of the ongoing reverse-reverse-reverse-psyop to get Hillary elected?

hahaha. Some here are still trying to find some ways that Trump is indeed a Hillary plant.

Well anyways I feel vindicated 100%. I supported Trump because he was fighting the media like a very smart madman. I won. It feels so good after watching our Liberty Lovers getting raped and slaughtered by the MSM. I was there in 2008.

And I also learned that even Liberty can have their own Establishment thought police. Liberty even leave me a bad taste in my mouth when I think of some members here.

Jamesiv1
11-22-2016, 06:03 AM
Trump has realized something. The more they attack him, the stronger his support grows.
I agree. This is the most fascinating part of this whole election cycle, and the part that gives me the most hope. If Trump can manage to marginalize the mainstream media for the next 4 years, it will be uuuuuuuuge.

Unfortunately, the "alternative" media will probably in time become mainstream, but there will be a window of truth at least.

scm
11-22-2016, 06:15 AM
It never had anything to do with getting HILLARY elected. The establishment is putting trump against the media, because a MAJOR majority of Americans HATE the media. Attack what the people hate, a great way to make someone more popular that they really are.

Murray N Rothbard
11-22-2016, 06:24 AM
As much as "we" (Libertarians) distrust the media and take their agenda driven narratives with a grain of salt, they ARE still one of the last guardians we have of the Truth. Imagine if they fall during a Trump administration, either by being intimidated into being puppets of Trump or by being expelled from the mainstream view while Pro-Trump outlets like Drudge, FoxNews and Breitbart are propped up as the new mainstream. What would our nightly news look like then? Similar to what they see in Russia when the news covers Putin. Any message of Liberty or anti-authoritarianism or skepticism would be relegated to the shadows. Maybe youtube and facebook would even comply. Who knows? This is scary shit. We should not applaud or condone intimidation of the media, regardless of where they stand politically. They may be our Pro-Obama enemies right now...but we will need them if/when the new regime starts pulling any heinous shit.

goldenequity
11-22-2016, 06:27 AM
'They' aren't ALWAYS 'clever'. Sometimes 'they' are completely clueless... shooting themselves in the foot.
Ben Shapiro points this out very well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brWOOQ30lac

H. E. Panqui
11-22-2016, 06:32 AM
...republicans suck....always bitching and moaning about 'the media'....until they need some talking points to justify their goddamned fool warmongering, 'american exceptionalism,' etc...

...the idea that 'the media hates trump' is just about exactly as peckerheaded as the idea that 'the media' hated their stinking reagan and bush...

...republicans...ugh...UGH....:mad:

"There is no such thing, at this date of the world's history, in
America as an independent press. You know it and I know it.

There is not one of you who dares to write your honest opinions,
and if you did, you know beforehand that it would never appear in
print. I am paid weekly for keeping my honest opinions out of the
paper I am connected with. Others of you are paid similar salaries
for similar things, and any of you who would be so foolish as to
write honest opinions would be out on the streets looking for another
job. If I allowed my honest opinions to appear in one issue of my
paper, before twenty-four hours my occupation would be gone.

The business of the journalists is to destroy the truth;
to lie outright;
to pervert;
to vilify;
to fawn at the feet of mammon, and
to sell his country and his race for his daily bread.

You know it and I know it and what folly is this toasting an
independent press? We are the tools and vassals of rich men behind
the scenes. We are jumping jacks, they pull the strings and we
dance. Our talents, our possibilities and our lives are all the
property of other men. We are intellectual prostitutes." (attributed to john swiinton)

Danke
11-22-2016, 06:33 AM
It never had anything to do with getting HILLARY elected. The establishment is putting trump against the media, because a MAJOR majority of Americans HATE the media. Attack what the people hate, a great way to make someone more popular that they really are.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-WKy1bn9KpAw/UtyxU9E5sEI/AAAAAAAADos/fmDDCmQbxsI/s1600/goalposts.jpg

Petar
11-22-2016, 08:46 AM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-WKy1bn9KpAw/UtyxU9E5sEI/AAAAAAAADos/fmDDCmQbxsI/s1600/goalposts.jpg

It's the new meme for everyone who'd said "Donald Trump is a plant to get Hillary Clinton elected".

nobody's_hero
11-22-2016, 10:41 AM
As much as "we" (Libertarians) distrust the media and take their agenda driven narratives with a grain of salt, they ARE still one of the last guardians we have of the Truth. Imagine if they fall during a Trump administration, either by being intimidated into being puppets of Trump or by being expelled from the mainstream view while Pro-Trump outlets like Drudge, FoxNews and Breitbart are propped up as the new mainstream. What would our nightly news look like then? Similar to what they see in Russia when the news covers Putin. Any message of Liberty or anti-authoritarianism or skepticism would be relegated to the shadows. Maybe youtube and facebook would even comply. Who knows? This is scary $#@!. We should not applaud or condone intimidation of the media, regardless of where they stand politically. They may be our Pro-Obama enemies right now...but we will need them if/when the new regime starts pulling any heinous $#@!.

And yet, by their own behavior, no one will ever trust them.

It's very important that a free press expose the truth. But, these guys are tainted. They have baggage. Maybe they all go under and new media arises. Or even better, people stop watching the news altogether and start talking to each other.

After 2 years of being told our neighbors are racists, we just went next door to see for ourselves and found out that it wasn't true. The mainstream media has utterly failed us as a vehicle for delivering the truth, there's no reason to think they'll start now, and there's no reason to fret over the loss of a role that never existed. Throw it in the woods.

We've discovered more truths by reading Clinton's emails than we ever have or will from the MSM as it exists today. That should tell you how f'ked up things are.

goldenequity
11-22-2016, 10:47 PM
So... is this the first 'olive branch' from the establishment media (after their scolding?) hahaha

National Review
Senator Jeff Sessions Will Be the Restorative Attorney General We Need (http://archive.is/mwbvX)

goldenequity
11-22-2016, 10:55 PM
FLASHBACK: ANDREW BREITBART calls out GEORGE SOROS and JOHN PODESTA years before anyone knew the extent of their evil.

@ 12:26

https://youtu.be/63TMawHivXQ?t=12m26s

goldenequity
11-22-2016, 11:10 PM
Hating Brietbart (the movie) If you never saw it you should.

Here's an excerpt

Hating Breitbart Anthony Weiner Excerpt

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L80zhmUyRWc

He was then,
where things have finally MOVED to today. We're in the middle of it.
They hated him and JFK'd him.
Didn't stop it though. I really like that.

How bout one more?
This is JOHN PODESTA being singled out for who he REALLY was in Hating Breitbart

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NYkY3XOl3Y

Working Poor
11-23-2016, 05:35 AM
Does anyone remember when Rockefeller thanked the media for their cooperation in not revealing CFR, TLC, IMF ect plans?

AZJoe
11-23-2016, 09:39 AM
As much as "we" (Libertarians) distrust the media and take their agenda driven narratives with a grain of salt, they ARE still one of the last guardians we have of the Truth.

The media, NOT to be confused with the mainstream media which actively suppresses truth, shifts and frames events to fit government narratives; The MSM which now serves as spokes propagandists for government and elite. Which is why the government and MSMS are hand in hand trying to be your gatekeepers for "truth" and determining "fake news", suppressing access and distribution to alternative news sources to prevent you from deciding for yourself, to keep you ignorant of contrary evidence and facts, guard you from "fake news". i.e.:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?504323-The-Truth-About-Fake-News
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?504532-12-Fake-Main-Stream-Media-Stories
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?504529-NYT-Urges-Internet-Censorship

It was "mainstream" media that ignored or suppressed Wikileaks stories and whistle blowing, that did not follow up or investigate, and spouted the government lines. It was whistle-blowers and Wikileaks, and hackers, and independent journalists, and individuals giving us the truth, while MSM tried to hide and suppress truth.

With today's technology, we are all media. Anyone can broadcast. Anyone can film, report, take photos, investigate. We are getting the truth despite the best efforts of mainstream media to cover it up, not because of it. If not for a single individual we never would have seen the film of Hillary's collapse. All the msm were there but they would not report it or show it. It had to break out through alternative channels until the MSM could not ignore and suppress it. Just some random individual with a phone. That is the norm today.

https://pics.onsizzle.com/2016-the-year-hackers-broke-the-biggest-news-stories-and-5070282.png

nbhadja
11-23-2016, 11:28 AM
He's not stopping.

@realDonaldTrump: "Prior to the election it was well known that I have interests in properties all over the world. Only the crooked media makes this a big deal!"
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/800885097775955974

Then... IMMEDIATE feedback from the minions... someone asking him HOW he was responding to Spencer video 'Heil Trump!'.
Even if he doesn't respond... he's IMMEDIATELY up to speed for the next 'attack'.
This is good stuff. Me Like.

================

@realDonaldTrump: Many people would like to see nigel_Farage represent Great Britain as their Ambassador to the United States. He would do a great job!
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/800887087780294656

Think about it. From his living room...
to your face.
No filter. None.
I mean c'mon... this is insane.

Take the above tweet on Nigel Farage being UK ambassador to US.
He didn't 'ask' anyone. hahaha... the Hegemon Brits probably just pissed themselves.
R U Kiddn Me???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4r7wHMg5Yjg&spfreload=10

And he posted his video yesterday directly on YouTube. Once again skipped the MSM middle man... The MSM was already slowly dying with the rise of alternative real news sites.... Now the president is accelerating this rapidly.

nobody's_hero
11-23-2016, 03:22 PM
With today's technology, we are all media. Anyone can broadcast. Anyone can film, report, take photos, investigate. We are getting the truth despite the best efforts of mainstream media to cover it up, not because of it. If not for a single individual we never would have seen the film of Hillary's collapse. All the msm were there but they would not report it or show it. It had to break out through alternative channels until the MSM could not ignore and suppress it. Just some random individual with a phone. That is the norm today.

Put it better than I could.

Jamesiv1
11-23-2016, 03:36 PM
I love Trumps "Not presidential?? Fuk it. I'm putting it on YouTube" attitude.

lolol

Dare I say it? Like A Boss.