PDA

View Full Version : What Donald Trump Just Said About The Federal Reserve Will Have Everyone Smiling!

donnay
11-21-2016, 09:42 AM
What Donald Trump Just Said About The Federal Reserve Will Have Everyone Smiling!

By Alexander Warren -
November 20, 2016

Donald Trump is not one to shy away from calling out things that he thinks are not working well and damaging our economy.

This goes for the Federal Reserve after Donald Trump has repeatedly called them out for creating a “big fat ugly bubble” from its monetary decisions.

This has started to scare the Federal Reserve because they think they will lose their independence, but if they aren’t doing a good job then someone must hold them responsible.

According to Business Insider:

These worries intensified after the election, as President Trump will be in a position to make big changes at the Federal Reserve over the next few years. There are two existing vacancies on the seven-member board of governors of the Fed, and the terms of both the current Chairwoman, Janet Yellen, and Vice Chairman, Stanley Fischer, expire in 2018.

Read more: http://www.usapoliticstoday.com/breaking-donald-trump-just-said-federal-reserve-will-everyone-smiling/

Origanalist
11-21-2016, 09:45 AM
I'm confused, what did he just say?

Ender
11-21-2016, 09:49 AM

Nothing.

timosman
11-21-2016, 09:50 AM
Cockbait.

donnay
11-21-2016, 10:03 AM

He called the Federal Reserve a “big fat ugly bubble.”

Current Chairwoman, Janet Yellen, and Vice Chairman, Stanley Fischer, expire in 2018, so replacing them would mean more focus on what they actually do.

Origanalist
11-21-2016, 10:17 AM
Um....uh, nevermind.

The Gold Standard
11-21-2016, 10:29 AM

Current Chairwoman, Janet Yellen, and Vice Chairman, Stanley Fischer, expire in 2018, so replacing them would mean more focus on what they actually do.

He didn't "just" say it. He said it months ago when he was pandering for Ron Paul voters on the trail. So you can take it as seriously as when he promised to "drain the swamp". You can't finance a trillion dollar public works plan and increased military spending without easy Fed money.

mrsat_98
11-21-2016, 10:30 AM
http://www.veteransnewsnow.com/2016/11/21/1011330-trump-prepares-to-take-over-the-fed/

undergroundrr
11-21-2016, 11:03 AM
http://www.veteransnewsnow.com/2016/11/21/1011330-trump-prepares-to-take-over-the-fed/

He's shown a penchant for choosing Goldman Sachs people (http://fortune.com/2016/08/17/donald-trump-bannon-mnuchin-goldman/) for the most critical roles in his campaign and transition teams. They should do well when it comes time to appoint Fed governors.

Jamesiv1
11-21-2016, 11:05 AM
Mark my words: Trump will End the Fed!!

donnay
11-21-2016, 11:13 AM

From your lips to God's ears.

scm
11-21-2016, 11:50 AM
He definitely did not say he will be ending the fed. Just "fixing" it.

timosman
11-21-2016, 11:55 AM

The inevitable has been delayed for another term or two. Peter Schiff will lose the rest of his hair.

donnay
11-21-2016, 11:57 AM

Just out of curiosity how do you think Dr. Paul would have gone about ending the fed? Would he just dissolve it immediately or would he have to do it gradually?

H. E. Panqui
11-21-2016, 12:05 PM
:rolleyes:

...george carlin has the trumptards and etc. assorted republicrat numbskulls pegged....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsL6mKxtOlQ

scm
11-21-2016, 12:14 PM
Just out of curiosity how do you think Dr. Paul would have gone about ending the fed? Would he just dissolve it immediately or would he have to do it gradually?
Well, he's talked about a couple ways. One legalize competition in currency. Another, let CONGRESS audit the fed, and let the people know what they've done.

From OP article
"If they aren’t doing their jobs then they need to be fixed. The Federal Reserve should definitely at least be forced to look at what they are doing and the check if they are doing their jobs right."

Point is,
THUMPs message = Fix the fed. Let them perform their own audit and replace a few people. (because that always works right?)
Ron's message = END THE FED

Guess who's lying?

undergroundrr
11-21-2016, 12:16 PM
THUMPs message = Fix the fed. Let them perform their own audit and replace a few people. (because that always works right?)
Ron's message = END THE FED

To put a finer point on it, trump's message is "Save the Fed."

Jamesiv1
11-21-2016, 12:18 PM
Right. But for those in the know who are able to discern such things, "fixing it" is MAGA code for ending it.

Make no mistake - the Fed is going down!!!!!!

brushfire
11-21-2016, 12:21 PM
Unfortunately, as a species, the majority of us are wired to follow and overlook these details- which is why politics is such a difficult thing to talk about, let alone liberty. I'd often thought RPF was different in the overall per capita of "followers", but I'm probably just kidding myself. Really, I'm still at a loss as to how anyone with a liberty mindset has gravitated to trump. Amazing...

Look - I've heard various ranging remarks from a man who says anything and everything, and who's actions have spoken very poorly to the "liberty agenda" - at least my idea of liberty. I guess we can pick and choose what we believe, but Trump is a known shyster in the business world. He is a sociopath - right on par with the clintons and 99% of the swamp he intends to drain.

I mean, give me a break. This self proclaimed "outsider" has already shown his intentions with his selection of advisors and cabinet members. He's spoke of his ideas about "the fed" - actions will reveal his direction, but just as with obama care, he's been talking about "fixing" rather than abolishing. The guy wants to create so called "competition", but government controlled competition is not competition. What's better than 1 fed? 2 Feds! Not quite the "sound money" and "free market" approach that Dr Paul spoke of, and certainly not something I believe in.

Just like the occupiers wanting grant more power to government in order to combat the corporate co-opt of government. Trump will combat the problem of government control by adding more government control - am I wrong? How is this an outsider approach? I guess time will tell.

To be fair, I've never been a fan of Trump, even back in the late 80's - I could never stand the guy for so long as I can remember, so maybe I never gave him a chance. Still, to those of you who adore him, taking him at his word, I would only suggest looking below the surface and taking a bit of reservation. This is the age of information after all, history is at your fingertips... Look at the man's actions.

Jamesiv1
11-21-2016, 12:25 PM
Unfortunately, as a species, the majority of us are wired to follow and overlook these details- which is why politics is such a difficult thing to talk about, let alone liberty. I'd often thought RPF was different in the overall per capita of "followers", but I'm probably just kidding myself. Really, I'm still at a loss as to how anyone with a liberty mindset has gravitated to trump. Amazing...

Look - I've heard various ranging remarks from a man who says anything and everything, and who's actions have spoken very poorly to the "liberty agenda" - at least my idea of liberty. I guess we can pick and choose what we believe, but Trump is a known shyster in the business world. He is a sociopath - right on par with the clintons and 99% of the swamp he intends to drain.

I mean, give me a break. This self proclaimed "outsider" has already shown his intentions with his selection of advisors and cabinet members. He's spoke of his ideas about "the fed" - actions will reveal his direction, but just as with obama care, he's been talking about "fixing" rather than abolishing. The guy wants to create so called "competition", but government controlled competition is not competition. What's better than 1 fed? 2 Feds! Not quite the "sound money" and "free market" approach that Dr Paul spoke of, and certainly not something I believe in.

Just like the occupiers wanting grant more power to government in order to combat the corporate co-opt of government. Trump will combat the problem of government control by adding more government control - am I wrong? How is this an outsider approach? I guess time will tell.

To be fair, I've never been a fan of Trump, even back in the late 80's - I could never stand the guy for so long as I can remember, so maybe I never gave him a chance. Still, to those of you who adore him, taking him at his word, I would only suggest looking below the surface and taking a bit of reservation. This is the age of information after all, history is at your fingertips... Look at the man's actions.
You need to get on board the Trump Train pal, or git out.

There has never been a more liberty candidate than DJ DonMaster Trump!!

RESPECT MY LIBERTAH!!!!

Superfluous Man
11-21-2016, 12:26 PM
The only quote from Trump there is, “big fat ugly bubble."

This cheer leading is so ridiculous. When will it end?

CPUd
11-21-2016, 12:35 PM
11D multiverse level

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18IsZ5VRMvM

devil21
11-21-2016, 12:36 PM
Right. But for those in the know who are able to discern such things, "fixing it" is MAGA code for ending it.

It is but it has nothing to do with Trump and was already in the plans long before he even ran for President. Trump will claim credit for it, while the bankers standing behind him smile ear-to-ear. What happens afterward is what matters.

scm
11-21-2016, 12:40 PM

I know, 84BB checkers

Jamesiv1
11-21-2016, 12:43 PM
It is but it has nothing to do with Trump and was already in the plans long before he even ran for President. Trump will claim credit for it, while the bankers standing behind him smile ear-to-ear. What happens afterward is what matters.
No, it is all about the DJ TumpMaster. He alone has the shoulders that can bear the awesome weight of this responsibility.

He will do it all, and he will get credit for all.

So it is written; so it shall be!!

TheCount
11-21-2016, 12:52 PM

Current Chairwoman, Janet Yellen, and Vice Chairman, Stanley Fischer, expire in 2018, so replacing them would mean more focus on what they actually do.Yeah. The guy who six months ago was saying that the government should take advantage of low interest rates to borrow as much as possible, praised Yellen, and said that low rates are the best thing for the country now thinks that the Fed is a bubble and he's going to fix it. :rolleyes:

donnay
11-21-2016, 12:59 PM
Yeah. The guy who six months ago was saying that the government should take advantage of low interest rates to borrow as much as possible, praised Yellen, and said that low rates are the best thing for the country now thinks that the Fed is a bubble and he's going to fix it. :rolleyes:

I agree he is wrong. Maybe Rand will point him in the right direction.

The Gold Standard
11-21-2016, 01:04 PM
Just out of curiosity how do you think Dr. Paul would have gone about ending the fed?

I can tell you how he wouldn't have gone about it. Trillions of dollars in new debt for a New Deal and beefing up the military doesn't end the Fed. It expands it.

The Gold Standard
11-21-2016, 01:07 PM
I'd often thought RPF was different in the overall per capita of "followers", but I'm probably just kidding myself.

It used to be, but many of the "purists", that some people claim chased away the good, quality Republicans, are gone and have been for a while.

donnay
11-21-2016, 01:10 PM
I can tell you how he wouldn't have gone about it. Trillions of dollars in new debt for a New Deal and beefing up the military doesn't end the Fed. It expands it.

Where is these things you speak of? There not even here, because he is not in office yet.

Look no one is perfect, not even Dr. Paul. This are tough issues regardless. At least it is shining a light on the Fed. Maybe Rand with work with Trump on this, as well.

H. E. Panqui
11-21-2016, 01:19 PM
...drumpf should tap willard romney for trea$ury...he's a financial genius and super-knowledgeable about the fed...scroll to 2:02...he's also a super-safe driver!...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCcbkHKCdxI

KEEF
11-21-2016, 01:25 PM

Well said +1

Zippyjuan
11-21-2016, 02:32 PM
All he can really do is to name two people to fill the current vacancies on the Board of Directors.

Superfluous Man
11-21-2016, 03:03 PM
I agree he is wrong. Maybe Rand will point him in the right direction.

So after your over the top thread title, you admit that there's actually nothing to see here.

donnay
11-21-2016, 04:07 PM
So after your over the top thread title, you admit that there's actually nothing to see here.

There is EVERYTHING to see here, you just have to be willing to see it. However, I understand your optic nerve is attached to you anus, that is why you have the shitty outlook.

morfeeis
11-21-2016, 04:12 PM
No one is doing anything to the FED, if Trump tries they will JFK his ass and blame it on some lone wolf left wing nuttbag ...

undergroundrr
11-21-2016, 04:25 PM
LOL. trump's not shutting down Comet Pizza, let alone the Fed. The handlers for Goldman Sachs Bannon and Goldman Sachs Mnuchin will never allow it.

francisco
11-21-2016, 08:38 PM
The only quote from Trump there is, “big fat ugly bubble."

This cheer leading is so ridiculous. When will it end?

January 20, 2021

Origanalist
11-21-2016, 09:08 PM
January 20, 2021

Are we taking bets? :D

Jamesiv1
11-21-2016, 09:10 PM
No one is doing anything to the FED, if Trump tries they will JFK his ass and blame it on some lone wolf left wing nuttbag ...
and a magic bullet

Superfluous Man
11-22-2016, 03:24 AM
There is EVERYTHING to see here, you just have to be willing to see it. However, I understand your optic nerve is attached to you anus, that is why you have the $#@!ty outlook.

Right. If only I were willing to make believe Trump was great, I too would be able to see a great harbinger of anti-fed sentiment in the mere use of the phrase, "big fat ugly bubble."

Weston White
11-22-2016, 04:17 AM
...Peter Schiff and Nomi Prins!

juleswin
11-22-2016, 05:25 AM

+rep for this. Just have never been a fan. Makes no diff how many rubes he convinces to support him or how many establishment pols he previously supported and financed that he defeats in elections.

But I will try to wait and see what he does instead of SAYS before judging him again

MelissaWV
11-22-2016, 05:55 AM

And definitely before he was sworn in!

dean.engelhardt
11-22-2016, 06:16 AM

I wonder about that. Trump says he wants to increasing borrowing because rates are low. I heard he is looking at a trillion dollar infrastructure spending program, not to mention building the military. He may end the fed, but I think he will keep them around for a few years to manipulate interest rates.

H. E. Panqui
11-22-2016, 06:20 AM
All he can really do is to name two people to fill the current vacancies on the Board of Directors.

:cool:

...zippy, trump has 'the bully pulpit' and could, for one example, REPEATEDLY explain and condemn the insane, horrible practice/bankster privilege of 'fractional reserve deposit creation' (i've successfully explained the essence of this hideou$ fraud to 12 year olds)

...of course trump would have to truly understand this fraud and be outraged by it...and i'm pretty sure the puppet-master$---(y)our true rulers---won't allow any monetary realists or any truly thoughtful people anywhere near high public office, major microphones, etc...

....babble on, republicrat monetary ignoramuses, trump cheerleaders, etc. assorted goddamned fools...

juleswin
11-22-2016, 08:13 AM
I wonder about that. Trump says he wants to increasing borrowing because rates are low. I heard he is looking at a trillion dollar infrastructure spending program, not to mention building the military. He may end the fed, but I think he will keep them around for a few years to manipulate interest rates.

You actually don't need the fed to lower interest rates or print money, he could nationalize the Fed and still have the ability to go on a yuuge spending binge. But I have a feeling that he wouldn't even do any of that. The man is a shyster, a bull$hitter, an unabashed liar who will eventually disappoint anyone gullible enough to believe that he would end the fed or even nationalize it.

The Gold Standard
11-22-2016, 09:27 AM
He isn't even really lying about most of his Fed comments. He's never said he would end the Fed. He and his advisors are giddy at the thought of borrowing trillions at these interest rates. Yeah, he's accused Yellen of being political with interest rates, probably to threaten her to keep them low for him like they were for Obama. People believe he is going to end the Fed? When he's never advocated for any such thing? If he outright promised to do it, I wouldn't believe him, but at least you people could say, "wait and see". But he's never shown anything but adoration for the banking system. Why the fuck would anyone think he was going to change it?

I don't even think the progressive shitheads are this delusional. Their candidates at least pay lip service to being anti-war and protecting individual liberty even if they never do it. People here just make shit up that could never be attributed to Trump, and believe he will do it.

Origanalist
11-22-2016, 09:35 AM
He isn't even really lying about most of his Fed comments. He's never said he would end the Fed. He and his advisors are giddy at the thought of borrowing trillions at these interest rates. Yeah, he's accused Yellen of being political with interest rates, probably to threaten her to keep them low for him like they were for Obama. People believe he is going to end the Fed? When he's never advocated for any such thing? If he outright promised to do it, I wouldn't believe him, but at least you people could say, "wait and see". But he's never shown anything but adoration for the banking system. Why the fuck would anyone think he was going to change it?

I don't even think the progressive shitheads are this delusional. Their candidates at least pay lip service to being anti-war and protecting individual liberty even if they never do it. People here just make shit up that could never be attributed to Trump, and believe he will do it.

You just nailed the reason for my avatar.

Son_of_Liberty90
11-22-2016, 10:22 AM

What the hell are you talking about? A little less cryptic please

nikcers
11-22-2016, 10:38 AM

We know the president can't end the fed on his own, so realistically he could start by using the biggest microphone in the world to teach people that the fed creates bubbles by creating artificial interests rates and printing money. He should at least repudiate his statements that united states can just print money if we ever run out. I hope our credit rating downgrades again maybe that will force the issue.

CPUd
11-22-2016, 11:34 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onsTpMFg-Q4

TheTexan
11-22-2016, 12:02 PM
What's wrong with the Fed? It seems to be working as intended, bankers are making more than ever

devil21
11-22-2016, 01:50 PM
What the hell are you talking about? A little less cryptic please

I thought my post was clear. Thread is about the Fed and I quoted someone else. If it wasn't clear then it's probably above your pay grade any way.