PDA

View Full Version : Pence - Whom to emulate as VP? Dick Cheney!

GunnyFreedom
11-19-2016, 11:02 PM
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/mike-pence-role-model-vice-president-dick-cheney/story?id=42170897

Mike Pence Says His Role Model for Vice President Is Dick Cheney
By INES DE LA CUETARA Sep 18, 2016, 9:04 AM ET

GOP vice presidential candidate Mike Pence said his role model for the number two spot is the last Republican to hold the job -- Dick Cheney.

“I frankly hold Dick Cheney in really high regard in his role as vice president and as an American,” Pence said on ABC’s "This Week."

Pence said that, like Cheney, he hoped to be “a very active vice president.”

“Vice President Cheney had experience in Congress as I do, and he was very active in working with members of the House and the Senate,” he said.

WHooooooo boy!

The Northbreather
11-19-2016, 11:11 PM
What are you if your mentor happens to be a piece of s hit?

specsaregood
11-19-2016, 11:13 PM
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/mike-pence-role-model-vice-president-dick-cheney/story?id=42170897
WHooooooo boy!

trump better be really careful with his cabinet choices, lest you get people loyal to pence instead of him and find himself removed...

CPUd
11-20-2016, 12:08 AM
trump better be really careful with his cabinet choices, lest you get people loyal to pence instead of him and find himself removed...

Well Pence is in charge of the transition team. It's a very similar setup to when GW delegated everything to Cheenie.

eleganz
11-20-2016, 01:17 AM
Lol Pence is such a party loyalist. I feel like in the Bush/Cheney relationship, Bush was the bitch. In a Trump/Pence relationship, Pence is definitely the bitch.

But scary AF that Pence idolizes Cheney so much. Ugh...

Chester Copperpot
11-20-2016, 05:50 AM
how the hell could cheney be a role model to anybody for anything??

cindy25
11-20-2016, 06:16 AM
if Pence starts to overshadow Trump in the way Chaney did with Bush his Prime Minister role won't last. Chaney was pretty much out of the loop in the second term.

oyarde
11-20-2016, 09:26 AM
if Pence starts to overshadow Trump in the way Chaney did with Bush his Prime Minister role won't last. Chaney was pretty much out of the loop in the second term.

Sounds right .

Ender
11-20-2016, 11:13 AM
I just threw up in my mouth.:eek:

The Gold Standard
11-20-2016, 11:14 AM
That's how you MAGA. Dick fucking Cheney.

Dr.3D
11-20-2016, 11:26 AM
HALLIBURTON, what better reason to push for war?

H. E. Panqui
11-20-2016, 01:20 PM
...i used to play poker regularly...one of my favorite games was a seven card stud derivative called 'red-assed baboon'...anyone making the final call had to win or 'pay the pot'...greedy stoooooooooooooooooopid fools, poor thinkers, etc., were very often exposed as red-ass baboons...ouch...

...trumptards are looking mighty red-ass baboonish as of late... ouch...:D

...(hint: when your only argument/defense is 'but but hillary'...well it's long past time to stfu....

Spikender
11-20-2016, 01:45 PM
If you were on the fence about Pence, hop off or stop making sense.

enhanced_deficit
11-20-2016, 01:55 PM
I had drawn a line in sand to hold off on criticsm of Trump administration till 90s days after he takes oath but statemnets like this from Pence may push forward that deadline by 90 days.
Only possible silver lining here maybe that Trump does not seem too tight with Pence/does not seem to see him as really loyal and almost did not thank Pence during his election victory speech where he thanked dozens of people.

Suzanimal
11-20-2016, 02:02 PM
What could possibly go wrong?

undergroundrr
11-20-2016, 02:21 PM
Disgusting

nikcers
11-20-2016, 03:56 PM
All you need to know about Mike Pence...
...is an article praising him by Jennifer Rubin.

The neoconservative (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?450257-Neoconservatives-The-List) dream candidate: Common Core, Welfare, Amnesty and "start more wars" foreign policy.
The Post reports on Indiana Gov. Mike Pence’s now very visible interest in a presidential run in 2016. He certainly has support from all quadrants of the GOP and is not off-putting to either establishment or far-right voters and groups.

At this point his greatest advantages may be what he is not. He is not a U.S. senator. He did not take part in the shutdown. He does not lack personality or presence. He does not worry strong social, economic or defense conservatives. He is not a newcomer to the national scene, but neither is he an overexposed commodity. He is not a political novice. He does not have to spend time and money getting reelected this year. He is not a purveyor of paranoia about government or a gloom-and-doom candidate here to warn us that the United States is well on the road to ruin. He is not, in other words, hobbled by one or more of the maladies that afflict other potential 2016 candidates.
As for the substance of the message, Pence is perhaps uniquely able to carry out a vision of modernization. That means preparing students to work in the global economy (as he is doing with his home-grown version of Common Core); taking a centralized welfare state (including health care and entitlements) and making it sleek, effective, sustainable and user-friendly (not to mention cheaper); fixing a broken immigration system to promote American growth; and remaking American foreign policy to address the diverse 21st-century threats we face from jihadist terrorists and from countries like China, Russia and Iran.
More:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/.../09/why-pence/ (http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/right-turn/wp/2014/05/09/why-pence/)

I don't want to know.

jmdrake
11-20-2016, 04:08 PM
What are you if your mentor happens to be a piece of s hit?

We were wrong to say Dick Cheney was Darth Vader when he was really Emperor Palpatine. Hey...and Palpatine and Cheney were both once senators!

https://lebeauleblog.files.wordpress.com/2015/12/vader-and-palpatine.jpg?w=604&h=390

pcosmar
11-20-2016, 04:26 PM
What could possibly go wrong?
bird hunting

CCTelander
11-20-2016, 04:29 PM
Ae we feeling "great again" yet?

scm
11-20-2016, 04:33 PM
OMG! I'm SHOCKED.

Not really.

Sola_Fide