PDA

View Full Version : Mr. Conservative: Goldwater on Goldwater

Fields
12-09-2007, 02:40 PM
I hear this documentary is great. I would buy it but being that I'm a student with almost no funds and I'd rather save it for the tea party, I was wondering if anyone had it and could put it on a torrent or something?

kylejack
12-09-2007, 02:42 PM
Not cool.

maxbish
12-09-2007, 02:44 PM
I'm a student too. If you can't afford it, then maybe take the 2hrs you'd spend watching the film and go door to door talking about RP ;)

As a student, if you're like me, I'm guessing time isn't in abundance either :)

Bottom line, we want to put RP in a good light, and since as supporters we project his public image, please don't ask for things in a public forum that could be misconstrued.

Peace, and good luck on your finals!

0zzy
12-09-2007, 02:45 PM
I want to see it too. No torrents though, I can't find them at least.

Fields
12-09-2007, 02:59 PM
What the hell are you guys trying to act all innocent. Go look at every thread, all these clips that are stolen and put on youtube is not authorized. So go check yourself.

kylejack
12-09-2007, 03:03 PM
What the hell are you guys trying to act all innocent. Go look at every thread, all these clips that are stolen and put on youtube is not authorized. So go check yourself.
Its not wrong for me to rob a house because there's a bunch of other people robbing houses!

Respect intellectual property. Why don't you start a chipin to get you enough money to buy the movie or get yourself a Blockbuster membership?

0zzy
12-09-2007, 03:04 PM
Its not wrong for me to rob a house because there's a bunch of other people robbing houses!

Respect intellectual property. Why don't you start a chipin to get you enough money to buy the movie or get yourself a Blockbuster membership?

Intellectual property is the most overrated property ever. The RIAA and MPAA are some of the biggest douches in America.

kylejack
12-09-2007, 03:08 PM
Intellectual property is the most overrated property ever. The RIAA and MPAA are some of the biggest douches in America.
When someone produces something, they have a right to sell it for a profit. Disrespect of intellectual property rights would eventually lead to little good content, because there's no point in doing something for which you can't earn a living. Movies have a lot of production cost. You can't make a good movie for free.

Respect intellectual property, like our founding fathers did.

0zzy
12-09-2007, 03:15 PM
When someone produces something, they have a right to sell it for a profit. Disrespect of intellectual property rights would eventually lead to little good content, because there's no point in doing something for which you can't earn a living. Movies have a lot of production cost. You can't make a good movie for free.

Respect intellectual property, like our founding fathers did.

Again, the RIAA and MPAA are the biggest douches in America. They don't care about the artist whatsoever. And watching a torrent of a HBO documentary won't cost HBO anything.

nunaem
12-09-2007, 04:05 PM
This movie was just on HBO2 yesterday. I didn't like how at the end of the movie they called Goldwater a liberal simply because he supported homosexual and abortion rights.

user
12-09-2007, 04:11 PM

Without taking sides here, that's a really bad comparison. When you steal something, the victim doesn't have whatever you stole anymore. This is not true with intellectual "property theft".

kylejack
12-09-2007, 04:19 PM
Again, the RIAA and MPAA are the biggest douches in America. They don't care about the artist whatsoever. And watching a torrent of a HBO documentary won't cost HBO anything.
I don't care about the RIAA/MPAA, you're the one talking about them. I care about intellectual property.

kylejack
12-09-2007, 04:21 PM
Without taking sides here, that's a really bad comparison. When you steal something, the victim doesn't have whatever you stole anymore. This is not true with intellectual "property theft".
I think you misunderstood me, because I wasn't saying that house robbery = intellectual property theft. Rather, I was defusing his argument that something being popular makes it right.

user
12-09-2007, 04:27 PM
I think you misunderstood me, because I wasn't saying that house robbery = intellectual property theft. Rather, I was defusing his argument that something being popular makes it right.
Oh, I see what you're saying. But I think he was pointing out the hypocrisy of anyone who supports the youtube clips and is against "IP theft".

Fields
06-03-2008, 03:22 AM
7 months later, still haven't seen it. :/

user
08-22-2008, 06:03 AM
7 months later, still haven't seen it. :/
Me neither. :/