devil21
11-18-2016, 07:22 AM
https://www.rt.com/usa/367387-trump-cia-director-pompeo/

Another Harvard lawyer (Rothschild stooge). yawn

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Pompeo

scm
11-18-2016, 09:00 AM
Meet Mike Pompeo, The New Director Of The CIA

He’s a supporter of the National Security Agency’s controversial bulk data collection program and sought to restore the agency’s access to the data it had already collected under the Patriot Act from its inception through late last year.

Pompeo has sponsored numerous bills that would maintain or increase sanctions on Iran over its nuclear weapons program. He’s been a staunch opponent of the deal negotiated by President Barack Obama and Secretary of State John Kerry that eases sanctions in exchange for dismantling the nuclear weapons program.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-11-18/meet-mike-pompeo-new-director-cia

More Here:
http://www.ontheissues.org/House/Mike_Pompeo.htm

AngryCanadian
11-18-2016, 09:03 AM
Donald Trump Taps Kansas Rep. Mike Pompeo as CIA Director (http://www.wsj.com/articles/donald-trump-tabs-kansas-rep-mike-pompeo-as-cia-directordonald-trump-tabs-kansas-rep-mike-pompeo-as-cia-director-1479477208)

Making America GW Bush again.

Iran is allied to Russia/China any military actions towards Iran will be challenged by both states.

jllundqu
11-18-2016, 09:05 AM
Trump is now 100% NEOCON.

PENCE
FLYNN
POMPEO
SESSIONS
PREIBUS

Bend over, Liberty.... here they come.

The Gold Standard
11-18-2016, 09:08 AM

FLYNN
POMPEO
SESSIONS
PREIBUS

He is an alpha, so they will follow his lead. Soon, he will have all neocons buying into individual liberty.

CaptUSA
11-18-2016, 09:11 AM

FLYNN
POMPEO
SESSIONS
PREIBUS

You forgot Pence.

(I don't think I'd call Bannon a neocon, but if he's got Trump's ear it doesn't seem to be doing much good. So now, that's 6 "official" appointments - at least 5 of which are poor.)

jllundqu
11-18-2016, 09:12 AM
He is an alpha, so they will follow his lead. Soon, he will have all neocons buying into individual liberty.

http://emojipedia-us.s3.amazonaws.com/cache/10/23/1023dadec62a19f3da7ab80778232712.png

AuH20
11-18-2016, 09:13 AM

FLYNN
POMPEO
SESSIONS
PREIBUS

You are delusional. Do you even know what a neoconservative is? Neoconservatives despise Russia and they advocate for open borders.

AngryCanadian
11-18-2016, 09:14 AM
Even Still i don't think they cant do anything when it comes to the Iranian deal. Just like Obamacare lol. Obama got them good lol.

jllundqu
11-18-2016, 09:19 AM
You are delusional. Do you even know what a neoconservative is? Neoconservatives despise Russia and they advocate for open borders.

Uh. No.... NEOCON 101:

“Neocons” believe that the United States should not be ashamed to use its unrivaled power – forcefully if necessary – to promote its values around the world. Some even speak of the need to cultivate a US empire. Neoconservatives believe modern threats facing the US can no longer be reliably contained and therefore must be prevented, sometimes through preemptive military action.

Most neocons believe that the US has allowed dangers to gather by not spending enough on defense and not confronting threats aggressively enough. One such threat, they contend, was Saddam Hussein and his pursuit of weapons of mass destruction. Since the 1991 Gulf War, neocons relentlessly advocated Mr. Hussein’s ouster.

Most neocons share unwavering support for Israel, which they see as crucial to US military sufficiency in a volatile region. They also see Israel as a key outpost of democracy in a region ruled by despots. Believing that authoritarianism and theocracy have allowed anti-Americanism to flourish in the Middle East, neocons advocate the democratic transformation of the region, starting with Iraq. They also believe the US is unnecessarily hampered by multilateral institutions, which they do not trust to effectively neutralize threats to global security.

Neocons envision a world in which the United States is the unchallenged superpower, immune to threats. They believe that the US has a responsibility to act as a “benevolent global hegemon.” In this capacity, the US would maintain an empire of sorts by helping to create democratic, economically liberal governments in place of “failed states” or oppressive regimes they deem threatening to the US or its interests. In the neocon dream world the entire Middle East would be democratized in the belief that this would eliminate a prime breeding ground for terrorists. This approach, they claim, is not only best for the US; it is best for the world. In their view, the world can only achieve peace through strong US leadership backed with credible force, not weak treaties to be disrespected by tyrants.

http://www.globalresearch.ca/neocon-101-what-do-neoconservatives-believe/6483

AngryCanadian
11-18-2016, 09:20 AM
Uh. No.... NEOCON 101:

Also......Neocons envision a world in which the United States is the unchallenged superpower, immune to threats. Fail to understand Russia's response to allies.

scm
11-18-2016, 09:26 AM
Nice dream, too bad this is a nightmare.

CaptUSA
11-18-2016, 09:29 AM

26D Chess! FTW!

AuH20
11-18-2016, 09:31 AM
Uh. No.... NEOCON 101:

It's far more than that. I've spent years correcting individuals who throw the label around carelessly. Neoconservatism is predicated upon spreading American style democracy around the globe so to the ease the transactional breadth of the corporate world. Conquest is a means to an end to cement logistical dominance in a region. Trump has not appointed any neoconservative to his team. No Robert Kagans. No Max Boots. No Paul Wolfowitzs. Just because someone isn't a libertarian doesn't make them a neoconservative. If you want to attack these selections of valid philosophical grounds, go right ahead, but they are not neocons.

The Gold Standard
11-18-2016, 09:36 AM
Meet Mike Pompeo, The New Director Of The CIA

He’s a supporter of the National Security Agency’s controversial bulk data collection program and sought to restore the agency’s access to the data it had already collected under the Patriot Act from its inception through late last year.

Why are you worried? Have something to hide?

AuH20
11-18-2016, 09:36 AM
The son of the arch neocon on Russia:

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/Bill-Kristol-Putin-Ukraine-Russia/2014/03/04/id/555939/

Neocons universally despise Russia, especially when Russia currently stands in the way of a Greater Israel by supporting Assad.

The Gold Standard
11-18-2016, 09:38 AM
I agree. Let's discuss the label we use for the new CIA director instead of worrying about what a piece of shit human being that he is.

AngryCanadian
11-18-2016, 09:43 AM
Anyone whose going to bet Trump will be a one Term president?

scm
11-18-2016, 09:50 AM
Why are you worried? Have something to hide?

https://youtu.be/pcSlowAhvUk

H. E. Panqui
11-18-2016, 09:58 AM
...Neocons universally despise Russia...

:rolleyes:

...ummm...so did the stinking paleocons...'conservatives' (republicans) of all stripes have always sucked hard....

...get real...

scm
11-18-2016, 10:05 AM
It's far more than that. I've spent years correcting individuals who throw the label around carelessly. Neoconservatism is predicated upon spreading American style democracy around the globe so to the ease the transactional breadth of the corporate world. Conquest is a means to an end to cement logistical dominance in a region. Trump has not appointed any neoconservative to his team. No Robert Kagans. No Max Boots. No Paul Wolfowitzs. Just because someone isn't a libertarian doesn't make them a neoconservative. If you want to attack these selections of valid philosophical grounds, go right ahead, but they are not neocons.

Lets not mince words, they are ALL ESTABLISHMENT.

milgram
11-18-2016, 10:36 AM
Pompeo wants to kill Snowden and the Iran deal

From an old thread

FYI: Rep. Pompeo has cosponsored Ron Paul's audit the Fed bill, HR 459.

Origanalist
11-18-2016, 10:37 AM
They both want Edward Snowden executed, and Pompeo is big on NSA spying so Pompeo should fit in nicely with the new authoritarianism.

milgram
11-18-2016, 11:25 AM
http://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/politics-government/election/article115635853.html

I see nothing good here

https://twitter.com/justinamash/status/799608263134285824

very surprising endorsement from Amash

The Gold Standard
11-18-2016, 11:26 AM
http://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/politics-government/election/article115635853.html

I see nothing good here

There is nothing good there.

jllundqu
11-18-2016, 11:32 AM

I see nothing good here

very surprising endorsement from Amash

LOL Read the comments!

AMASH: We have our disagreements but will serve with integrity, great pick!
COMMENT:<posts link to Pompeo calling for SNOWDEN to get the death penalty and calling him a traitor>

AMASH is getting a ton of shit for this 'endorsement'

AuH20
11-18-2016, 11:35 AM
The loons are attacking Amash. He was a vocal critic of Trump and yet the loons won't leave him alone.

AuH20
11-18-2016, 11:40 AM
Why we can't have nice things...........

Amash must be ousted since he doesn't hate Pompeo on a personal level.

nikcers
11-18-2016, 11:42 AM

Ever heard of keeping your friends close but your enemies closer?

The Gold Standard
11-18-2016, 11:43 AM
Why we can't have nice things...........

Nice things like...Pompeo?

nikcers
11-18-2016, 11:44 AM
You know who has Trumps ear, Newt Gingrich, I distinctly remember in the 2012 debates him getting laughed off the stage when he said Russia was Americas greatest threat.

AuH20
11-18-2016, 11:45 AM
Nice things like...Pompeo?

I never said that. I wouldn't have chose Pompeo. But this insistence that Justin must discard his pleasant experiences with Pompeo just because some moron on the internet insists that he's a bad man is hysterical.

LibertyEagle
11-18-2016, 11:54 AM
Has Ron or Rand reached out to Trump to offer recommendations for appointments?

LibertyEagle
11-18-2016, 11:56 AM
By the way, did any of you guys catch Thomas Massie a day or two ago when he was on Cspan's Washington Journal? One of the things he talked about was that, next to Rand, Trump was the candidate who had the most similar foreign policy. ie. no empire-building, no policing the world.

TheCount
11-18-2016, 11:58 AM
He should be brought back from Russia and given due process, and I think that the proper outcome would be that he would be given a death sentence for having put friends of mine, friends of yours, in the military today, at enormous risk because of the information he stole and then released to foreign powers.

Yet another member of the Trump administration who thinks Snowden should be executed.

AuH20
11-18-2016, 11:59 AM
By the way, did any of you guys catch Thomas Massie a day or two ago when he was on Cspan's Washington Journal? One of the things he talked about was that, next to Rand, Trump was the candidate who had the most similar foreign policy. ie. no empire-building, no policing the world.

He needs to be primaried. :)

UWDude
Flynn is not a neocon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SG3j8OYKgn4

this is a great "head to head" with Flynn. He is no libertarian or peacenick. But he also is not a neocon.

Natural Citizen
Oh brudda. It figures it'd be something like that.

AuH20
11-18-2016, 12:01 PM
Flynn is not a neocon.

That's why Obama ousted him as the head of the DIA.

Natural Citizen
11-18-2016, 12:01 PM

What concerns me about Trump is the police state here at home. I mean, I know we're pretty much that way now but he's all for militarized police and in his own words, "nobody is going to mess with these guys...nobody"

For a while, people were stating to get tired of it and were becoming vocal and organized against it. I think he'll be the poster boy for cop worship. Stop and frisk or else kind of deal. First they came for the Mexeecans...but I was not a Mexeecan.

The Gold Standard
11-18-2016, 12:03 PM
Yet another member of the Trump administration who thinks Snowden should be executed.

Trump himself feels that way, so it's to be expected that the rest of his administration will too.

LibertyEagle
11-18-2016, 12:03 PM
What concerns me about Trump is the police state here at home. I mean, I know we're pretty much that way now but he's all for militarized police and in his own words, "nobody is going to mess with these guys...nobody"

Yes. That is a concern of mine too.

Natural Citizen
11-18-2016, 12:06 PM
Massie and Amash haven't done much of anything aside from provide lip service, btw. Don't get me wrong, I like them. But all they've done is talk.

AngryCanadian
11-18-2016, 12:08 PM
That's why Obama ousted him as the head of the DIA.

As long as Trump listens to him everything should be fine.

UWDude
11-18-2016, 12:09 PM

For a while, people were stating to get tired of it and were becoming vocal and organized against it. I think he'll be the poster boy for cop worship. Stop and frisk or else kind of deal. First they came for the Mexeecans...but I was not a Mexeecan.

Me too.
But I want these wars ended, and I dont want any more.
Police state at home sucks, but it is what the people want because they are stupid.
War abroad sucks, and the people being bombed and killed dont want it, nor do the refugees want to be forced from their homes. It has been a disaster.
I know the two are not mutually exclusive philosophically, but right now, there is no libertarian choice that is going to backtrack both.

jllundqu
11-18-2016, 12:17 PM
Me too.
Police state at home sucks, but it is what the people want because they are stupid.
War abroad sucks, and the people being bombed and killed dont want it, nor do the refugees want to be forced from their homes. It has been a disaster.
I know the two are not mutually exclusive philosophically, but right now, there is no libertarian choice that is going to backtrack both.

And what happens when there is a crisis here at home. A 9/11 attack, economic collapse, or similar. You think having guys like Pompeo in office will be a good thing or bad for us anti-government liberty lovers?

Natural Citizen
11-18-2016, 12:18 PM
Me too.

I expect maybe we'll see miltary spending down but defense spending increased to make up the difference. Except it'll likely be defense spending against us here at home. Likely economic warfare will temporarily take the place of drone warfare abroad.

At this point, I'm just like screw it. It's out of my control. All I can do is say that I do not consent. Which likely won't make a danged bit of difference anyway. They have tanks with sherriff emblems on em with storm troopers jumping out.

When I sell my house, I'm Mexico bound. And I'm decided on that after some lengthy thought on it. If I want to know what's going on in the states, I'll turn on CNN.

Occam's Banana
11-18-2016, 12:22 PM
[T]his insistence that Justin must discard his pleasant experiences with Pompeo just because some moron on the internet insists that he's a bad man is hysterical.

^^^ ... insists someone on the Internet ... ^^^

robmpreston
11-18-2016, 12:28 PM

You keep touting this. Massie is doing a good job, but he's not infallible. He's simply wrong here - Trump has given us nothing but empty words as far as his foreign policy so far. T

UWDude
11-18-2016, 12:28 PM
And what happens when there is a crisis here at home. A 9/11 attack, economic collapse, or similar. You think having guys like Pompeo in office will be a good thing or bad for us anti-government liberty lovers?

I'm a realist. I have never threatened to shoot up people like the idiot from Rutgers or said I want to assassinate the president for a reason. I'm not stupid.
I never expected our rights to privacy and free speech to start coming back.
And while you are trying to scare me about hypothetical futures, the corporate establishment is already starting to censor people for "hate speech" and "fake news" although Huffington Posts is not considered "fake news". Now Chrome comes with a "fake news" warning system, that tells you you are on a site that often has 'fake or misleading news".
Not to mention Twitter has just closed hundreds of accounts of the most popular people who supported Trump.
So you may have not have noticed, but I already knew, the real censorship has arrived.
It started about 2 years ago, when youtube started telling channels like Storm Clouds Gathering that they could not monetize anymore, even though many channels with neocon and globalist agendas talked about war and showed graphic footage, but were still allowed to monetize.

So I have no idea what Pompeo will be like.

You keep touting this. Massie is doing a good job, but he's not infallible. He's simply wrong here - Trump has given us nothing but empty words as far as his foreign policy so far.

He appointed Flynn... ...who agrees much with what Trump has said he would do. Other than that, Trump has no power, so he can't actually do much.

Brian4Liberty
11-18-2016, 12:58 PM

PENCE
FLYNN
POMPEO
SESSIONS
PREIBUS

I don't see any of them in the neoconservative reference thread...

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?450257-The-Neoconservative-Reference-List

Brian4Liberty
11-18-2016, 01:04 PM
It sounds like Pompeo's position on Snowden is disturbing. Perhaps Amash will be able to convince him otherwise.

Justin Amash Verified account
‏@justinamash

I know @RepMikePompeo. He's a great pick. Yes, we have our disagreements, but Mike will listen to our concerns and serve with integrity.

angelatc
11-18-2016, 01:13 PM

Who would Hillary put in?

TommyJeff
11-18-2016, 01:14 PM
He is an alpha, so they will follow his lead.
I agree....

Soon, he will have all neocons buying into individual liberty.
...but this is a stretch

Origanalist
11-18-2016, 01:15 PM
Time for a Rigorous National Debate About Surveillance

Post-9/11 measures have been weakened or discarded. A coherent new approach is needed.

By MIKE POMPEO And DAVID B. RIVKIN JR.
Jan. 3, 2016 4:21 p.m. ET

America is in a long war against a resilient enemy capable of striking the homeland, but U.S. intelligence capabilities are falling short of meeting the threat. The San Bernardino attackers were not flagged, despite their repeated visits to jihadist websites, alarming posts on social media, and suspicious financial transactions. The Boston Marathon bombers evaded timely detection, as did the would-be shooters in Garland, Texas, who had exchanged dozens of messages with a known terrorist overseas.

Paris and San Bernardino exemplify the two types of threats: overseas-trained terrorists, and online-radicalized lone wolves. Both exhibit distinctive behavioral and communications patterns that can be detected—but only if intelligence agencies have the right data and tools to analyze it.

Yet Washington is blunting its surveillance powers. Collection of phone metadata under the Patriot Act was banned by Congress and finally ceased at the end of November. Collection of the contents of specific targets’ communications under the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act has been dumbed down, with onerous requirements to secure the authorizing court order. The intelligence community feels beleaguered and bereft of political support. What’s needed is a fundamental upgrade to America’s surveillance capabilities.

Congress should pass a law re-establishing collection of all metadata, and combining it with publicly available financial and lifestyle information into a comprehensive, searchable database. Legal and bureaucratic impediments to surveillance should be removed. That includes Presidential Policy Directive-28, which bestows privacy rights on foreigners and imposes burdensome requirements to justify data collection.

There has been much debate about whether providers of communications hardware and software in the U.S. should be obliged to give the government backdoor access. Such a mandate would do little good, since terrorists would simply switch to foreign or home-built encryption. New technologies can cloak messages in background noise, rendering them difficult to detect.

Forcing terrorists into encrypted channels, however, impedes their operational effectiveness by constraining the amount of data they can send and complicating transmission protocols, a phenomenon known in military parlance as virtual attrition. Moreover, the use of strong encryption in personal communications may itself be a red flag.

Still, the U.S. must recognize that encryption is bringing the golden age of technology-driven surveillance to a close, which necessitates robust human intelligence. Pursuing every lead on terrorist activity would require a substantial increase in FBI funding and personnel—perhaps double or triple the number of field agents capable of tracking suspects. The Paris attacks, whose perpetrators exchanged numerous unencrypted text messages, were a grim reminder that capable but overstretched security services cannot thwart every terrorist plot.

Congress and the administration should also reassure the intelligence community by reiterating their full support for current surveillance programs. Revitalizing cooperation with foreign intelligence partners, which greatly decreased in the wake of Edward Snowden’s disclosures, is essential. This would require serious dialogue between world leaders and assurances that security has been tightened to prevent similar leaks.

Enhanced congressional oversight—a true partnership between the executive and Congress—is needed. Each month the intelligence community should provide classified briefings to the House and Senate intelligence committees on how surveillance programs are working, what actionable information has been developed, and whether mistakes or abuses have occurred. These briefings should be recorded, and lawmakers should sign an acknowledgment of their attendance. This would bolster accountability and ensure that nobody suffers a memory lapse, such as Nancy Pelosi’s failure to remember that she was extensively briefed on the CIA’s enhanced-interrogation program.

None of this can happen without a rigorous national debate about surveillance, launched by congressional hearings. A review of the post-9/11 surveillance successes and failures needs to be a prominent part of this discourse. Most disagreements on surveillance are about policy, not law: Reasonable warrantless searches are compatible with the Fourth Amendment. So are searches of data shared with third parties, such as social-media posts—a highly valuable surveillance window, since people undergoing radicalization are prone to showcase their zealotry online.

In the wake of 9/11, surveillance reforms were adopted virtually overnight, with little discussion; they did not last. Hence the importance of building enduring public support. Surveillance should feature prominently in the 2016 presidential campaign, giving the next commander in chief a mandate and sense of obligation to implement reforms. Opposition to surveillance has been bipartisan, and the strategy for overcoming it must be bipartisan too.

Assertive efforts to defeat Islamic State will diminish, but not eliminate, the threat. Quick response by law enforcement is vital to limiting casualties and neutralizing attackers but cannot entirely prevent terrorism. Even the best 21st-century surveillance system won’t have a 100% success rate. But robust surveillance, drawing on a variety of technical and human intelligence and backed up by rigorous investigation of all leads, is the best way to mitigate the threat.

Mr. Pompeo, a Republican from Kansas, sits on the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence. Mr. Rivkin, a constitutional lawyer, dealt with intelligence oversight while serving in the Justice Department and the White House Counsel’s Office during the Reagan and George H.W. Bush administrations.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/time-for-a-rigorous-national-debate-about-surveillance-1451856106

The Gold Standard
11-18-2016, 01:18 PM
Opposition to surveillance has been bipartisan, and the strategy for overcoming it must be bipartisan too.

Damn right. Let's get to work on that.

devil21
11-18-2016, 01:29 PM
Time for a Rigorous National Debate About Surveillance

Post-9/11 measures have been weakened or discarded. A coherent new approach is needed.

America is in a long war against a resilient enemy capable of striking the homeland, but U.S. intelligence capabilities are falling short of meeting the threat. The San Bernardino attackers were not flagged, despite their repeated visits to jihadist websites, alarming posts on social media, and suspicious financial transactions. The Boston Marathon bombers evaded timely detection, as did the would-be shooters in Garland, Texas, who had exchanged dozens of messages with a known terrorist overseas.

That's all I needed to see.

Something about a boot stepping on the face of humanity forever....

AuH20
11-18-2016, 01:45 PM
Still don't like Pompeo pick though........

CaptUSA
11-18-2016, 01:45 PM

What’s needed is a fundamental upgrade to America’s surveillance capabilities.

And THAT, my friends, is how you MAGA!!!!

nikcers
11-18-2016, 01:55 PM
Who would Hillary put in?

I don't know she is not up for the job, she is at home napping. Lets see who the president-elect is hiring to run our country? Its not like if we impeach Trump we get Clinton, I fucking hate this argument. Trump should go fuck himself, not run my country to the ground and murder my heroes.

angelatc
11-18-2016, 02:03 PM
I don't know she is not up for the job, she is at home napping. Lets see who the president-elect is hiring to run our country? Its not like if we impeach Trump we get Clinton, I fucking hate this argument. Trump should go fuck himself, not run my country to the ground and murder my heroes.

I don't think he ran on that platform though. She did.

parocks
11-18-2016, 02:34 PM
Are you all saying that Trump isn't picking all of those politicians that we all like so very much?

Who were they again?

There's like 10 politicians, max, that we all like. Rand Paul would probably want to keep his job as US Senator.

Many 25 year olds with dank memes involving Pepe are not yet qualified for cabinet positions.

Who is available to fill all these positions that we like?

misterx
11-18-2016, 02:42 PM
No one ever said Trump is for individual liberty. He is a nationalist, which is a step in the right direction. Control over your own life is now one step closer than it was when the globalists were in control. Sessions is a huge step forward from Loretta Lynch.

nikcers
11-18-2016, 02:47 PM
Are you all saying that Trump isn't picking all of those politicians that we all like so very much?

Who were they again?

There's like 10 politicians, max, that we all like. Rand Paul would probably want to keep his job as US Senator.

Many 25 year olds with dank memes involving Pepe are not yet qualified for cabinet positions.

Okay I'll agree to let you fill the government with people who hate liberty as long as we take away their power and give them no influence to sell? You got a deal?

fcreature
11-18-2016, 02:47 PM

Who were they again?

I don't link to Tom Woods videos often but they discuss a few here...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ak4DbniLfgE

seapilot
11-18-2016, 02:54 PM
Voted YES on protecting cyber security by sharing data with government. (Apr 2013)
Voted YES on terminating funding for National Public Radio. (Mar 2011)
End net neutrality; allow tiered Internet service. (Jan 2011)

This guy is bad news for privacy!

oyarde
11-18-2016, 03:10 PM

PENCE
FLYNN
POMPEO
SESSIONS
PREIBUS

I would consider Sessions , Flynn and Pence improvement over previous .

Occam's Banana
11-18-2016, 04:12 PM

Who were they again?

What has being a "politician" got to do with it?

(After all, one of Trump's virtues is supposed to be that he himself is not a "politician" ...)

There are plenty of people to pick from who might be as good as (or even better than) any "politician."

Academics, think-tankers, private sector actors, policy wonks, etc.. etc - people like Peter Thiel, Andrew Bacevich, et al.

milgram
11-18-2016, 04:32 PM

Here are Scott Horton's choices

Chas Freeman, Andrew Bacevich or Ted Galen Carpenter – Secretary of State
Col. Andrew J. Bacevich or Col. Douglas MacGregor – Secretary of Defense
Lt. Col. Daniel L. Davis – Deputy Secretary of Defense
Chuck Pena or Robert A. Pape – Deputy Secretary of Defense for Policy
Paul Pillar or Doug Bandow – National Security Adviser
Doug Bandow, Trevor Thrall or Christopher Coyne – Deputy National Security Adviser
Paul Pillar or Chas Freeman – Director of National Intelligence
Paul Pillar or Ted Galen Carpenter – Central Intelligence Agency Director
Chas Freeman or Thomas Fingar – National Intelligence Council Director
Christopher Preble or Ivan Eland – Ambassador to the United Nations
David Stockman or David Henderson – Secretary of Treasury
Robert E. Kelly – Secretary of Energy
Bruce Fein – Attorney General
Judge Napolitano – White House Council
Staffers: Daniel Larison, Kelley B. Vlahos, Matt Purple, Bonnie Kristian, Abigail Hall-Blanco

https://www.libertarianinstitute.org/blog/trumpignorehawks-americafirstcabinet/

phill4paul
11-18-2016, 04:34 PM

(After all, one of Trump's virtues is supposed to be that he himself is not a "politician" ...)

There are plenty of people to pick from who might be as good as (or even better than) any "politician."

Academics, think-tankers, private sector actors, policy wonks, etc.. etc - people like Peter Thiel, Andrew Bacevich, et al.

MY GOD!!! Are you insane, man? This kind of thinking is so outside the box it could never work.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Occam's Banana again.

Occam's Banana
11-18-2016, 05:28 PM
MY GOD!!! Are you insane, man? This kind of thinking is so outside the box it could never work.

:eek::eek::eek: I don't know what got into me ... :o:o:o

parocks
11-18-2016, 05:46 PM
Okay I'll agree to let you fill the government with people who hate liberty as long as we take away their power and give them no influence to sell? You got a deal?

I don't see your list of names.

You should be responding to me by saying something like "oh, no, we like plenty of politicians, here are their names". Fact is, we don't like any politicians. We can't name 10, Eric Brakey doesn't count. No matter who Trump picks, it's certain that there will be many here who don't like that person. I've been here on this message board for 9 years, and the only thing that's certain is that the majority opinion here on 99% of all politicians is that we don't like them. We're only unified on Ron Paul. Even Rand Paul was suspect, here, at times.

Name your list of acceptable candidates for these positions. I'm not praising or attacking any of these people at this point. I know that government has been garbage for at least 28 years, if not a whole lot longer. Under those conditions, terrible government, non-stop war since Bush, you aren't going to have a whole bunch of great government people to choose from.

Your list is?

parocks
11-18-2016, 05:57 PM
I don't link to Tom Woods videos often but they discuss a few here...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ak4DbniLfgE

Fair enough.

parocks
11-18-2016, 05:59 PM
Here are Scott Horton's choices

Chas Freeman, Andrew Bacevich or Ted Galen Carpenter – Secretary of State
Col. Andrew J. Bacevich or Col. Douglas MacGregor – Secretary of Defense
Lt. Col. Daniel L. Davis – Deputy Secretary of Defense
Chuck Pena or Robert A. Pape – Deputy Secretary of Defense for Policy
Paul Pillar or Doug Bandow – National Security Adviser
Doug Bandow, Trevor Thrall or Christopher Coyne – Deputy National Security Adviser
Paul Pillar or Chas Freeman – Director of National Intelligence
Paul Pillar or Ted Galen Carpenter – Central Intelligence Agency Director
Chas Freeman or Thomas Fingar – National Intelligence Council Director
Christopher Preble or Ivan Eland – Ambassador to the United Nations
David Stockman or David Henderson – Secretary of Treasury
Robert E. Kelly – Secretary of Energy
Bruce Fein – Attorney General
Judge Napolitano – White House Council
Staffers: Daniel Larison, Kelley B. Vlahos, Matt Purple, Bonnie Kristian, Abigail Hall-Blanco

https://www.libertarianinstitute.org/blog/trumpignorehawks-americafirstcabinet/

Nice to see a list.

parocks
11-18-2016, 06:02 PM

Trump has Thiel doing something. Transition team executive committee.

Occam's Banana
11-18-2016, 07:02 PM
Trump has Thiel doing something. Transition team executive committee.

I know. That's one of the reasons I mentioned him.

But that's not an appointment to a permanent office.

When the transition is over, so is Thiel's position.