PDA

View Full Version : RP Places 3rd! In Monthly Delaware Presidential Primary Poll

LibertyForever
12-09-2007, 02:24 PM
The Presidential Poll was conducted via e-mail between December 4, 2007 and December 6, 2007 with approximately 500 respondents. The majority of respondents are registered Republicans in Delaware, some Democrats, Independents, and those registered with other parties also participated.

Respondents were given a choice of candidates in alphabetical order. The candidate list includes all registered Republicans who have announced their candidacy for the Presidency as well as those who have formed exploratory committees. Not included were those individuals who have publicly stated they will not run for President in the 2008 election.

The following are the results of the ninth Delaware Presidential Primary Poll:

All Respondents

Mike Huckabee 25%
Rudy Giuliani 21%
Ron Paul 15%
Mitt Romney 13%
Fred Thompson 11%
John McCain 6%
Newt Gingrich 2%
Duncan Hunter 1%
Alan Keyes <1%
Tom Tancredo <1%

New Castle County

Rudy Giuliani 26%
Mike Huckabee 25%
Ron Paul 17%
Mitt Romney 11%
Fred Thompson 8%
John McCain 6%
Newt Gingrich <1%
Duncan Hunter <1%
Alan Keyes <1%
Tom Tancredo <1%

Kent County

Mike Huckabee 19%
Mitt Romney 22%
Rudy Giuliani 18%
Ron Paul 18%
Fred Thompson 11%
John McCain 4%
Duncan Hunter 2%
Newt Gingrich 1%
Tom Tancredo <1%
Alan Keyes <1%

Sussex County

Mike Huckabee 30%
Fred Thompson 20%
Mitt Romney 12%
Rudy Giuliani 11%
John McCain 10%
Ron Paul 6%
Newt Gingrich 6%
Duncan Hunter 1%
Tom Tancredo <1%
Alan Keyes <1%

In the eighth poll from November 5-7, 2007, Ron Paul had 9%, he is up to 15% since then.
I've started to see Ron Paul signs on major highways, and im going to put some up as soon as im on winter break.
My brother and I are both 18, and are registered to vote for Ron Paul along with my parents and uncles and aunts.
Unfortunately close to 1/2 of my Family likes Huckabee, and 1/2 likes Paul.

slantedview
12-09-2007, 02:25 PM
the huckabee thing still blows my mind.

everyone stand in awe at what the powers of media exposure can do.

LibertyForever
12-09-2007, 02:27 PM
yeah, i despise the media, but i have no doubt that Ron Paul will win the nomination in my state.

kylejack
12-09-2007, 02:28 PM
Or imagine being whisked away to Delaware. Hi. I mean Delaware.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N588OvzQik4

Cite source for poll, please.

Highstreet
12-09-2007, 02:29 PM
Gotta link?

tsetsefly
12-09-2007, 02:31 PM
The republicans need to look at huckabee's record and see what a two face fuck he is, and they also have to realize he cant win the general election...

LibertyForever
12-09-2007, 02:31 PM
I got the notification of the results in an Email from Tom Ross, who is head of the wilmington republicans, that is a copy of the email.

Here is the link to prior results, i cant find this one on the net though,
http://betterdelaware.blogspot.com/

JosephTheLibertarian
12-09-2007, 02:36 PM
Huckabee is a piece of shit

Delaware
12-09-2007, 02:38 PM
Get on aim.

LibertyForever
12-09-2007, 02:39 PM
hey bro!

JosephTheLibertarian
12-09-2007, 02:40 PM
Same here, i live in NCCO, my brother, dad , and mom all like Ron Paul and will be voting for him. My older relatives in Sussex county and like Huckabee, about 6 of them. It kinda sux.

I'd tell them that he wants a national smoking ban and wants to parden child sex predators if I were you. My grandma started liking Obama.. until I told her that he's pro war :)

LibertyForever
12-09-2007, 02:41 PM
We talked to them over thanksgiving...they're hardcore christians...we told them about "taxhikemike" and all that and gave them slim jims. We got them thinking, but i'm not sure.

Delaware
12-09-2007, 02:42 PM
They think that muslims are trying to take over the world, and if we dont stop them there they will murder all christians in Europe and USA. It's far out.

JosephTheLibertarian
12-09-2007, 02:43 PM
They think that muslims are trying to take over the world, and if we dont stop them there they will murder all christians in Europe and USA. It's far out.

Then I'd call them crazy..paranoid

Delaware
12-09-2007, 02:44 PM
Thats how they justify the war, its weird i know. But there so into it, i dont think they were about to change their minds. I told them about fiat money and everything but the war is their big issue i guess.

JosephTheLibertarian
12-09-2007, 02:50 PM
Thats how they justify the war, its weird i know. But there so into it, i dont think they were about to change their minds. I told them about fiat money and everything but the war is their big issue i guess.

last resorts are to convince them to not vote or let them vote for Tancredo or Hunter lol

OferNave
12-09-2007, 02:52 PM
That's wonderful.

The lesson here - don't get depressed about polls in the news that look bad, don't get depressed about the media ignoring us, don't get depressed just cause you think Facebook is censoring us, etc. Don't get distracted, don't lose faith.

Focus on the work that needs to be done, and nothing else. What will come will come. Till then, ignore the distractions, and don't let anger get the better of you.

quickmike
12-09-2007, 03:00 PM

Are these people the biggest cowards in the world??? Havent they ever heard of the 2nd amendment? How do they believe in their wildest dreams that massive numbers of Islamo-facist Muslims could get over here across a HUGE ocean and somehow attack a country that has over 100,000,000 firearms owners?

Are these people insane?

JosephTheLibertarian
12-09-2007, 03:06 PM
Are these people the biggest cowards in the world??? Havent they ever heard of the 2nd amendment? How do they believe in their wildest dreams that massive numbers of Islamo-facist Muslims could get over here across a HUGE ocean and somehow attack a country that has over 100,000,000 firearms owners?

Are these people insane?

I know. Where have all the true conservatives gone? I consider myself a libertarian but I do relate with many Paleoconservative thoughts.

quickmike
12-09-2007, 03:11 PM
I know. Where have all the true conservatives gone? I consider myself a libertarian but I do relate with many Paleoconservative thoughts.

I dont know. I think alot of people in this country have become "pussified" and no longer feel they have the power to rely on themselves for their own protection from anything.

10thAmendmentMan
12-09-2007, 03:33 PM
Are these people the biggest cowards in the world??? Havent they ever heard of the 2nd amendment?

You're forgetting the time-tested American sentiment of, "But can't somebody else take care of it?"

james1844
12-09-2007, 03:42 PM
Dela-Where?

LibertyForever
12-09-2007, 05:50 PM
god i hate that saying, i hear it waaaay too much!