PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul: The ‘Swamp’ won’t be drained very well

Brian4Liberty
11-17-2016, 02:32 PM
Ron Paul: The ‘Swamp’ won’t be drained very well

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_va-n2Onzg

http://www.ronpaullibertyreport.com/archives/the-swamps-not-going-to-be-drained-all-that-well

dannno
11-17-2016, 02:38 PM
Well, that's like, your opinion, man....

:p

He won't be totally wrong on this, I will agree with that.

dannno
11-17-2016, 02:42 PM
He says he is somewhat hopeful for Trump

"Now is not the time to come down too hard on Trump"

Danke
11-17-2016, 02:42 PM
http://www.slate.com/content/dam/slate/blogs/lexicon_valley/2016/10/26/why_do_trump_and_his_supports_keep_talking_about_d raining_the_swamp/drain_the_swamp.jpg.CROP.promo-xlarge2.jpg

The One
11-17-2016, 02:44 PM
Well, that's like, your opinion, man....

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/95/b9/cc/95b9cc030db9a91640d1077296f76605.jpg

oyarde
11-17-2016, 04:27 PM
I am giving this Five stars .

Sola_Fide
11-17-2016, 07:58 PM
Truth...

Anti-Neocon
11-18-2016, 04:58 PM
He says he is somewhat hopeful for Trump

That is not "hope". Can you please stop misrepresenting what Ron Paul says?

That is "don't attack old manbaby Trump too viciously or he may throw an anti-liberty tantrum".

dannno
11-18-2016, 05:10 PM
That is not "hope". Can you please stop misrepresenting what Ron Paul says?

Huh? That is literally what he said...he said he was hopeful about some aspects of a Trump Presidency..

This is not the time to come down really really hard on Trump. -Ron Paul

Anti-Neocon
11-18-2016, 05:22 PM
Huh? That is literally what he said...he said he was hopeful about some aspects of a Trump Presidency..
Are you really reading that into that quote?

dannno
11-18-2016, 05:33 PM
Are you really reading that into that quote?

No, I'm not reading anything into anything, that was his actual quote, that's actually what he said. I didn't hear him say it, but the reporter said it and Ron Paul never contradicted what she said. Are you drunk or something?

He ALSO said what I quoted him above as saying. They were two separate quotes. One where Ron Paul said he was hopeful about some aspects of Trump's presidency, and another where he said not to come down too hard on Trump right now.

osan
11-19-2016, 07:58 AM

Which is precisely what I have been saying here for months. Give the boy a chance to prove himself, and for Christ's sake learn something of strategy - some of you.

I am a purist and it has hurt me in the past. I have, however, learned to forgo the instant gratification of a pure result in favor of the incremental achievement that brings me that much closer to my goal.

The lefties know this all too well and have used this approach to the near-destruction of this land.

Seriously now, my pals - do you want something better or worse for yourselves? If the former, then take your cues from the pros on the progressive side. Learn their strategy and use it.

I've been in the martial arts now 46 years, primarily jujutsu. There is a branch of the jujutsu nut-tree called "Brazilian" of "Gracie". It is not really jujutsu, IMO, and there is much about it I find questionable. However, the fundamental strategy of the Gracies is flawless in its simplicity and rock-solid correctness: take your advantages incrementally if you must and NEVER abandon a position of advantage save for one that is better. This has been the essence of the progressive strategy. I grant that they have been screwing up lately such that they lost this election and are taking it in the neck like crazy at the moment. But if they regain themselves, we will be faced with more trouble. A lot more.

I am very unhappy about Trump making Sessions AG, for the man is a lunatic - especially on the "marijuana" issue. But what if he will run down the likes of Clinton, Lynch, Holder, Obama, etc.? He may be employed as a useful idiot to good effect and to that degree, purity may have to step aside for practicality.

The "left" have been eating the world's lunch for 100 years and more precisely because they are eminent pragmatists, willing to get into bed with anyone at anytime if it will advance their agenda. I find the whole thing endlessly distasteful, but have finally come to the conclusion that if "we" want to make real inroads toward better political realities for ourselves, it would appear that we will be obliged to take up the political equivalent of tactical nuclear weapons which the left have been using on America for decades. Must we stoop to their levels of depravity? I honestly do not know. What I do know is that they have kicked our asses in slow, methodical, piecemeal fashion over the course of a century. They have shown the patience to endure over time and take their advantages where they could find them and hold on to them for all they are worth.

It seems this may be unraveling on them a bit - that they have overplayed their various hands. But that does not mean they cannot or will not change tacks and that is something for which we who proclaim to love liberty had best be very much on the look-out.

I will add that I do not see this as a dichotomy - purist v. pragmatic whore. There are gradations and I am thinking that those need to be explored in a downward escalation of practical "depravity" :) Trump showed the way with this. He spoke plainly, eschewing the hat-dance of bullshit known as the Potomac Two-Step that politicians have adopted as their boilerplate when giving speeches and, most importantly, when answering pointy questions. He succeeded where so many thought there was no path to victory. Love him or hate him, you have to give credit where due.

So my suggestion is to take a good look at the methods the left has used and make use of them, only minus the slime and the 180* wrong positions. Take victory as you are able to get it. Advance. Entrench. Advance some more. Rinse and repeat as necessary, only use truth rather than lies.

The "left" has the gross advantage of appealing to all the worst in the human being - his "entropy", if you will.

But we have the advantage of truth - not quite as immediately powerful as entropy, but potentially far stronger in the longer-run. The applecart of basic human sense has been sent down the canyon's precipitous fall. A great many people simply do not see the most basic sense anymore. We cannot expect them to come to their senses from one moment to the next. This is likely going to have to take decades, all else equal. We need to get over it and proceed based on the terms of positive reality ad not those of our fantasies which would have freedom "imposed" upon the world before lunchtime. And I use "imposed" advisedly for that is how it would seem to a world unprepared for the rigors of freedom. They would riot or simply die of exposure, so alien is the reality of liberty to their minds and habits. It would be more merciful to simply shoot them and have it over than to let them die over the course of months.

Besides, it would serve no great purpose to rain such chaos upon all, satisfying as it might be to see the stupid squeams churn.

So if it is a return to liberty that you really want, get the eyes to see what is really required for the objective and adopt it with good faith and fortitude. Patience is key. Take the increments you are able to gather unto yourself and be glad of them, rather than getting all bitchy-whiney that you cannot light a joint on the courthouse steps, naked and with a dildo plugged into your left ear. It isn't happening today. But it may happen next week, so be of good cheer.

We have an opportunity with this altered mental environment, even if Trump proves a sub-douche in the end. The MAGA deal is gaining momentum. RIDE IT! Rather than sitting around scowling as if a donkey has just come in your mouths, use the MAGA juggernaut to get you closer to what you want. STEER it toward better liberty with the goal of eventual freedom. This is what able strategists have done for millennia. Mind is everything and at the moment WE own mind to a slight advantage over the whining, whinging, blubbering snowflakes. For pity's sake people, do NOT blow this opportunity. Where mind goes, brother-ass follows. You all know this, so endeavor to claim mind. Achieve that and the rest will follow.

The MAGA juggernaut is about to leave port. You can get on and do what you can to steer it in the right direction, or you can sit on the sidelines, impotent, unhappy, and inert for four more years. Is that what you really want? I don't. I want an adventure worthy of me and I am thinking that this may be one, come what may in result. Sitting idle will certainly not get me what I want.

At the end of the day, the choice is all yours, of course.

jmdrake
11-19-2016, 08:02 AM

-Ron Paul

Sure. And I was hopeful about some aspects of the Obama presidency. Like...maybe the wars will end.......BWWWAAAHHHAAAAHHHAAAAHHHAAAAHHAAAA

ChristianAnarchist
11-19-2016, 08:22 AM
Ron Paul: The ‘Swamp’ won’t be drained very well

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_va-n2Onzg

http://www.ronpaullibertyreport.com/archives/the-swamps-not-going-to-be-drained-all-that-well

He had quite a skeptical smirk on his face when she made that quote. I don't see how anyone can get anything positive about Trump from what Dr. Paul said other than he indicated that it's too soon to make judgements but he says he doesn't see any indications from Trump that are going in a positive direction...