PDA

View Full Version : Calls to action, not morale busting and conspiracies

fortilite
12-09-2007, 02:05 PM
Maybe I am wrong here, perhaps out of line, but isn't this forum called Grassroots Central? Why are there more threads in this forum that are

Chicken Littles saying the sky is falling,
People making suggestions for the official campaign (we're grassroots, remember),
Conspiracy theories,
Whining about the MSM,
Saying a certain demographic / group is impossible to get so we shouldn't try,
and General impotence inducing threads

than there are threads that

Suggest methods for improving results for the grassroots,
Calls to action for the grassroots,
Reminders about important actions that need attention by the grassroots,
Morale boosters to encourage continued efforts,
and Get out the vote proposals?

It seems like whining about the MSM should go in bad media forum, conspiracy theories in politics or hot topics forums, suggestions for the official campaign should go in the official campaign forum, general impotence inducing threads should become bloggers and chicken littles trying to bust morale should talk to a wall.

It would really be nice if you can go to this forum and only see things meant to HELP the grassroots effort. I realize there is a lot of hypocrisy in this post, but seriously I see more people spending time in useless threads than ones with important useful information. Please think about the proper forum to put your thread in.

For example, if you want to complain that the MSM will ignore an Iowa victory, there is the bad reporting forum. Posting it in Grassroots Central helps nothing. No positive action can be spurred by it. Consider the implications of your posts.

Another example, asking how we are polling in a certain state does not help the grassroots movement. There is no point in it being in Grassroots Central if no positive effect can be gathered from the thread.

A grassroots movement shouldn't be a bunch of can't do's, it should be can do's. It should be action people, not people who trash action people. Is your post can do or can't do? Consider that when choosing which forum to put it in.

Thank you, now destroy me.

axiomata
12-09-2007, 02:09 PM
Great thread.

OptionsTrader
12-09-2007, 02:12 PM
A whining thread about whining?

cswake
12-09-2007, 02:13 PM
Bump.

koob
12-09-2007, 02:13 PM
I feel like 'grassroots central' is just the general place where people hang out and discuss basically anything. it doesn't bother me for the most part that it's off topic.

fortilite
12-09-2007, 02:18 PM

:D I am aware of it. :D

Liberty Star
12-09-2007, 02:31 PM
This section of forum needs to focus on building support with 'can do' attitude, brainstorming and actions. Unless something is so outrageous that it requires grass roots to divert their energy to tackle negative issues putting aside the positive work, there are other sections on this forum to discuss 'morale busting' attempts by corporate MSM.

Good thread.

Corydoras
12-09-2007, 02:35 PM
Well, if you're going to be THAT strict about it, all the can-do stuff should go into "Grassroots Projects" and this board should be locked up!

maxbish
12-09-2007, 02:39 PM

My 1st thought as well ;)

That said, my next step is to take part in "Operation Front Door". We need to take this enthusiasm to the streets!

Delain
12-09-2007, 02:39 PM
Shouldnt this be in Forum Feedback & Ideas ? :rolleyes:

Kidding.

I agree with the OP.

Liberty Star
12-09-2007, 02:43 PM
Well, if you're going to be THAT strict about it, all the can-do stuff should go into "Grassroots Projects" and this board should be locked up!

I have been guilty of it too that instead of trying to think of ways to air more ads in NH and Iowa or introduce my next door neigbors to RP, I have spent some bit too much time just discussing some negative article in a paper. That is important too since media plays key part in name recognition and you can't really win without some positive coiverage in MSM but a balance of priorities has to be struck to chart the most efficient course and channel energy of campaign that gives best results.

OferNave
12-09-2007, 02:59 PM
Agreed. I mostly stay silent, because people should be free to talk about whatever they want, but everytime I see a thread talking about other candidate, or getting upset about the media, or talking about the latest poll, I can't help thinking - wow, that was time that could have gone into something useful.

We all love socializing, and we've all made lots of friends that we will treasure for a long time, but the most important thing to me is winning.

Edit: Just realized I sort of imply that I'm not guilty as well, but of course, I am. :) I need to have my ass kicked once in a while, too.

Ron Paul Fan
12-09-2007, 03:15 PM
I say #### you!

bolidew
12-09-2007, 03:39 PM
Support!

terryp
12-09-2007, 03:52 PM
It's the multiple threads, not reading enough background info and lack of people using the search button that bother me most. It's hard to keep up with 10 new pages of threads a day.
And then there is the occasional, "I have seen the light lets hit 10 mil today" but it's all good in a chaotic kind of way.

newmedia4ron
12-09-2007, 04:05 PM
CHECKLIST (yes I will continue to spam this list because many are living in denial about what it takes to win this thing)

Registered yet? Delegate yet? Poll Worker and/or Vote Count Watcher yet? Hit the streets with literature/DVDs yet? Circulated a petition yet? Attend GOP meetings (township - county – state) yet? Canvassed collecting names and phone numbers yet? Pass out registration forms to your meetup group yet? Promoted Ron Paul to you church, gunshows, anti-war rallies, prolife meetings, home school organizations, anti-amnesty groups, etc. yet? Call talk radio shows and pitch Ron Paul yet? Write letters to your local newspapers yet? Sent letters to celebrities asking for an endorsement yet? Ask your local television stations to profile/interview Ron Paul yet?

Do people still think dominating DIGG is a priority? WTF

OferNave
12-09-2007, 04:38 PM
CHECKLIST (yes I will continue to spam this list because many are living in denial about what it takes to win this thing)

Registered yet? Delegate yet? Poll Worker and/or Vote Count Watcher yet? Hit the streets with literature/DVDs yet? Circulated a petition yet? Attend GOP meetings (township - county – state) yet? Canvassed collecting names and phone numbers yet? Pass out registration forms to your meetup group yet? Promoted Ron Paul to you church, gunshows, anti-war rallies, prolife meetings, home school organizations, anti-amnesty groups, etc. yet? Call talk radio shows and pitch Ron Paul yet? Write letters to your local newspapers yet? Sent letters to celebrities asking for an endorsement yet? Ask your local television stations to profile/interview Ron Paul yet?

Do people still think dominating DIGG is a priority? WTF

Respect.