PDA

View Full Version : My idea for a Fraud Proof election

tremendoustie
12-09-2007, 01:59 PM
A large screen for projection is set up in the voting area, and press and members of the public are invited to sit at the back at a folding table and observe.

Paper ballots are clearly and uniquely numbered at the top. After voting, each competed ballot will be shown on the screen (more than one could be shown at a time), in a rolling randomized order to preserve anonymity for the voter.

The press/public would be invited to take notes on and/or videotape or photograph the screen, and verify that the number of voters entering match the number of ballots shown. Voters would be invited to stay for a minute or two after voting to make sure that their ballot is shown correctly on the screen.

Voting will be reported by district, so if results seem questionable, observers could compare results for their district with their own records.

jrich4rpaul
12-09-2007, 02:02 PM
What we need is printed receipts after we vote with confirmation #s in the event of a recount.

me3
12-09-2007, 02:19 PM
My idea for a Fraud Proof election
Have an overwhelming # of Dr. Paul supporters show up to vote.

Bradley in DC
12-09-2007, 03:21 PM
Seriously. In nearly all places, I'm sure the protocols are set, no offense. Everyone concerned should be the ones working the system on the inside.