PDA

View Full Version : Why is NYT's David Brooks not in a mental hospital?

osan
11-16-2016, 04:53 PM
It is not that I think "dissidents" should be "hospitalized", but that is what we tend to do when the rhetoric crosses a certain line. Brooks seems to have rocketed across, and the standard that would be used to silence anyone who'd have suggested even 10% of what he does, about Obama would have been swept into a padded cell in seconds.

So why, given this reality, is it seemingly OK to do it when it is against anyone who is not a hard-left progressive?

That aside, this guy is unhinged.

http://spinzon.com/nyt-david-brooks-trump-needs-decide-prefers-resign-impeached-get-assassinated/

NYT David Brooks: “Trump Needs To Decide If He Prefers To Resign, Be Impeached Or Get Assassinated”

In his Friday column, New York Times columnist David Brooks speculates about a new political dichotomy and writes that President-elect Donald Trump will “resign or be impeached within a year.” From Brooks’ column: “Finally, it seems important to be humbled and taught by this horrific election result…Trump’s bigotry, dishonesty and promise-breaking will have to be denounced. We can’t go morally numb. But he needs to be replaced with a program that addresses the problems that fueled his assent. After all, the guy will probably resign or be impeached within a year.”

However, while commenting on his column in a subsequent interview with KYRQ Radio in New York City, Brooks said, “Oh, and by the way – I forgot to mention ‘assassinated.’” The columnist then went on to say that “the whole ‘pen is mightier than the sword’ philosophy might have worked if we were talking about Hillary Clinton, but when it comes to Donald Trump, you don’t really need a pen, because he’ll bury himself soon enough.” “At the rate he’s going, I’m starting to wonder if he’ll make it through the first six months, let alone an entire year,” Brooks said.

He continued, “Here’s the thing about people like Donald Trump: they’re used to being able to use their money and their power to cover up things that they don’t like or that could damage whatever objective they’re trying to realize. Now, that works just fine when you’re a real estate billionaire who has a couple hundred eyes watching his every move; you can hide whatever you want from a crowd that tiny. However, the President of the United States not only has to answer and be scrutinized by 300 million Americans, but will likely be under the magnifying glass of all 7 billion people on the planet. Good luck trying to hide from that.”

“At some point very soon, he’s going to mess something up big time,” Brooks argued. “And when he does, he’s going to have to choose his next step carefully. It’s either going to be resigning, impeachment, or what I forgot to put in my column earlier this morning – assassination. And I don’t mean like, someone’s going to go after him with a sniper rifle or car bomb or something – I mean, he’s going to have the option of hiring someone to take him out. After all, he’s a businessman and it’s a character trait of most businessmen to spot opportunity where others see nothing. The man was always strived for martyrdom**, and this is the perfect opportunity to get it. Heck, that’s the way I’d choose to go,” he said.

“And even if I’m wrong and there is someone out there getting ready to take him out, all I can say is – please dude, hurry up. This country can’t afford to wait and have laws brought forth that are going to make women throughout the country wear tight skirts and thongs as mandatory wardrobe just so us men could enjoy the view, or some other sexist, pointless piece of legislation. Please, deliver this country from the hands of an idiot with Labrador hair who thinks he’s God’s gift to mankind, and do it quick before any more damage is done,” Brooks concluded his message to potential Donald Trump assassinators.

** ?? What in HELL is this supposed to mean? He is not mentally sound.

GunnyFreedom
11-16-2016, 05:04 PM
I don't think this is real.

osan
11-16-2016, 05:28 PM

Could be the case and I was going to qualify the post to the effect of that possibility, but got lazy - my bad.

How is anyone supposed to tell these days what is real and what is otherwise?

I stand by the point in any event. The hypocrisy is amok with those people.

GunnyFreedom
11-16-2016, 05:34 PM
Could be the case and I was going to qualify the post to the effect of that possibility, but got lazy - my bad.

How is anyone supposed to tell these days what is real and what is otherwise?

I stand by the point in any event. The hypocrisy is amok with those people.

The entire media and datasphere is filled from basin to brim with lies and fictions too wondrous to behold. The lies have run twice round the world while the truth was still fiddling with shoelaces.

osan
11-16-2016, 08:07 PM
The entire media and datasphere is filled from basin to brim with lies and fictions too wondrous to behold. The lies have run twice round the world while the truth was still fiddling with shoelaces.

That was downright poetic.

unconsious767
11-16-2016, 08:42 PM
"addresses the problems that fueled his assent"? Shens.

Slave Mentality
11-16-2016, 09:20 PM
I loved watching him lose his shit on PBS that fateful Tuesday. That wuss was practicly in tears.

*I may be able to support a tight skirt and thong mandate, as long as a ban on fatties wearing stretchy pants is part of the deal. That would MAGA, even if just a little.

Mach
11-16-2016, 11:31 PM

http://therightists.com/about-us/

This is HYBRID site of news and satire. part of our stories already happens, part, not yet. NOT all of our stories are true!

rprprs
11-17-2016, 04:50 PM

That was downright poetic.

It was.
Did that originate with you, Gunny? If so, kudos!

GunnyFreedom
11-17-2016, 05:08 PM
It was.
Did that originate with you, Gunny? If so, kudos!

Oh it's mine, thanks y'all! :)

I love verse, and can do many things with verse, but I almost never get an opportunity to use it. I wrote an epic poem in the 6th grade (epic as in long, not 'amazing') in rhyme and alliteration which superficially demonstrated vignettes on life interspersed with climbing a mountain, with the subtext that life is a struggle we do not always succeed, but if we keep pushing we'll make it to the top. My teacher tried to convince me to become a professional poet, when I asked how much that paid she looked stricken with grief and I forgot all about it. :D

I was also a lot more optimistic in the 6th grade than I am today lol

dannno
11-17-2016, 05:40 PM
My teacher tried to convince me to become a professional poet, when I asked how much that paid she looked stricken with grief and I forgot all about it. :D

It actually pays pretty good if you grow up in the city.

http://www.pngall.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/Eminem-Cool-PNG.png

osan
11-17-2016, 08:09 PM
Oh it's mine, thanks y'all! :)

I love verse, and can do many things with verse, but I almost never get an opportunity to use it. I wrote an epic poem in the 6th grade (epic as in long, not 'amazing') in rhyme and alliteration which superficially demonstrated vignettes on life interspersed with climbing a mountain, with the subtext that life is a struggle we do not always succeed, but if we keep pushing we'll make it to the top. My teacher tried to convince me to become a professional poet, when I asked how much that paid she looked stricken with grief and I forgot all about it. :D

I was also a lot more optimistic in the 6th grade than I am today lol

I see we are of some kindred nature here. One day when I was still at Bell I just started spewing forth verse of sorts. It began:

Blagger blagger
strut and swagger
Pierce him with my tiny dagger.

It goes on in similar meter for a goodly number of stanzas. I do enjoy composition.