PDA

View Full Version : Trump's kids seeking security clearances

devil21
11-15-2016, 04:31 AM
Just reported on CNBC. His kids are seeking security clearances, presumably high levels.

Aren't his kids supposed to manage his companies once he is sworn? Why do they need security clearances? This implies his kids will be his closest advisors and that's problematic imo. I don't think they should have clearance except maybe material related to their own security. Thoughts? This just sticks in my craw for some reason.

Suzanimal
11-15-2016, 07:12 AM
It doesn't bother me as much as Hillary having clearance. If my mom were President (lol), I would want clearance - so I could know who wanted me dead and why.:eek:

Is the Trump administration going to be a family affair? Nepotism rules prevent Donald Trump from hiring his children to serve in his administration, but sources tell CBS News that the president-elect is already looking into getting top-secret security clearances for his children, a move that, for now, would have to be approved by the current administration. They could get the clearances by being declared national security advisers. Trump kids Ivanka, Eric, and Donald Jr. are on his transition team, as well as son-in-law Jared Kushner. A member of the transition team, however, denies that top-secret clearances had been requested for Trump children, saying it's "not something I'm expecting right now,"

http://www.newser.com/story/234061/trump-seeks-top-secret-clearances-for-his-kids.html?utm_campaign=trueAnthem&utm_content=582afc4904d30154698a56db&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook

paleocon1
11-15-2016, 07:24 AM
Just reported on CNBC. His kids are seeking security clearances, presumably high levels.

Aren't his kids supposed to manage his companies once he is sworn? Why do they need security clearances? This implies his kids will be his closest advisors and that's problematic imo. I don't think they should have clearance except maybe material related to their own security. Thoughts? This just sticks in my craw for some reason.

I see no problem with this at all. If he intends to use them as advisors, they need to be Cleared.

paleocon1
11-15-2016, 07:27 AM
It doesn't bother me as much as Hillary having clearance. If my mom were President (lol), I would want clearance - so I could know who wanted me dead and why.:eek:

http://www.newser.com/story/234061/trump-seeks-top-secret-clearances-for-his-kids.html?utm_campaign=trueAnthem&utm_content=582afc4904d30154698a56db&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook

Sorry, but you would be allowed to see the LIST only if you were a Wet Worker receiving an assignment.

presence
11-15-2016, 07:50 AM
5.1 million Americans have security clearances. That’s more than the entire population of Norway.[]A Top Secret clearance, meanwhile, costs the government nearly 20 times more, at an average of $3,959 per background check. At that rate, investigating the 1.5 million people with Top Secret passes may have cost as much as $5.9 billion over several years.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-switch/wp/2014/03/24/5-1-million-americans-have-security-clearances-thats-more-than-the-entire-population-of-norway/