PDA

View Full Version : the best RISK strategy

NewEnd
12-09-2007, 01:31 PM
I used to love the board game Risk. My strategies came out early, sieze North America (3 front for 5 armies) or Australia (1 front for 2 armies), and then slowly move forward until you have taken another continent.

But I quickly learned, if you jumped the gun, everybody else ganged up on you, and you would lose everything.

My strategy changed, and now it is solid.

Lay low, build armies, attack once per tur, get your card, and do not try to take anything, spoil if you have to, but do not try to take any continents, until you have a huge advantage of armies who have for the most part not fought.

They can be set up in large numbers to keep a continet from being taken on a single territory, but do not even appear to be a threat, jsut lay low... the others will exhaust themselves trying to win.

This is how Paul is playing it, and it is a patient (like Paul) strategy, but Rock solid.

Romney and Rudy are egomaniacs. They are not going to just hand Huck victory. Of this you can be assured. No way Romney is goingto sink $14M of his own money to sit there and let Huck steal it away in Iowa.

dante
12-09-2007, 01:35 PM
Great point. There is a video floating around of Drew Ivers basically saying as much in that the campaign is laying the groundwork for a massive push in the nine days leading up to the caucuses. If you figure that during that time Romney, Guiliani, Thompson, and Huckabee will be mud slinging back and forth... Dr. Paul's well timed and coordinated blitz will arrive at the opportune moment to show voters the true conservative candidate who is above the fray.