PDA

View Full Version : Wikipedia list of possible Trump Cabinet Appointments has Rand Paul for possible Sec. of State

Created4
11-14-2016, 11:19 AM
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proposed_cabinet_of_Donald_Trump

Any idea how Rand got on to that list? Of course, he is at the bottom of the list....

The Northbreather
11-14-2016, 11:38 AM
Not stoked that Chris Crusty's name is mentioned the most especially as Attorney General. Nightmare.

Origanalist
11-14-2016, 11:43 AM
It's all nothing but speculation, except for this guy;

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/b/ba/Reince_Priebus_by_Gage_Skidmore_3.jpg/100px-Reince_Priebus_by_Gage_Skidmore_3.jpg

Lol, the pic is from Gage Skidmore, ha ha ha ha.

AuH20
11-14-2016, 11:46 AM
Massie could replace Rand I guess.

specsaregood
11-14-2016, 11:47 AM
Not stoked that Chris Crusty's name is mentioned the most especially as Attorney General. Nightmare.

I really don't see that happening. Christie is simply damaged goods with the whole bridgegate scandal, esp. considering his underlings were just convicted and fingered him. It would be tough to take him serious for a law and order position right now.

anaconda
11-14-2016, 12:40 PM

Any idea how Rand got on to that list? Of course, he is at the bottom of the list....

I'm not seeing Rand's name. Where should I be looking? Thanks.

UWDude
11-14-2016, 01:05 PM
Kelly Ayotte

the fact she is even on this list shows how wikipedia's sources are screwy. There is no way Trump will reward her after she distanced herself from him, and lost.

freejack
11-14-2016, 01:05 PM
I'm not seeing Rand's name. Where should I be looking? Thanks.

Nowhere. He's been removed.

UWDude
11-14-2016, 01:08 PM
Many of these are linking to MSM articles quoting "sources" and "political analysts". For example, Ayotte was quoted from "sources". Anything quoting "sources" from the MSM is not to be trusted.

Dr.3D
11-14-2016, 01:09 PM
Let's hope they are not weighing Christie for any position.

ronpaulhawaii
11-14-2016, 01:17 PM
Kinda funny seeing Bridgegate Crusty listed as possible Sec'y of Transportation...

CaptUSA
11-14-2016, 01:30 PM
We'll see what happens. But my guess is that no matter who he picks, we'll have the usual cast of characters explaining to us how all these picks are "outsiders" and "anti-establishment" and "good for liberty".

And you thought the mental gymnastics in the election were impressive.

TheCount
11-14-2016, 01:41 PM
Not stoked that Chris Crusty's name is mentioned the most especially as Attorney General. Nightmare.The conviction of his aides will save us.

(I hope)

TheCount
11-14-2016, 01:44 PM

Any idea how Rand got on to that list? Of course, he is at the bottom of the list....The Republicans don't have a strong enough majority in the House or Senate to give up any seats. I can't imagine them taking a person who just got re-elected and moving them out of the legislature. The only outside possibility is if the laws of that state are extremely favorable as to appointment of a replacement, but even still I don't think that would make voters and supporters all that happy... you just voted the guy in and he gets bumped for some other clown you don't even know? Not great.

NorthCarolinaLiberty
11-14-2016, 01:57 PM
Let's hope they are not weighing Christie for any position.

I don't know of a scale that would hold him.

NorthCarolinaLiberty
11-14-2016, 02:27 PM
Kelly Ayotte

the fact she is even on this list shows how wikipedia's sources are screwy.

Hey man, those retired and unemployed "editors" are top notch!

seapilot
11-14-2016, 02:42 PM
I think Rand in the Senate is the most important place for him at the moment. Cant write liberty bills from the administration.

UWDude
11-14-2016, 02:45 PM
We'll see what happens. But my guess is that no matter who he picks, we'll have the usual cast of characters explaining to us how all these picks are "outsiders" and "anti-establishment" and "good for liberty".

And you thought the mental gymnastics in the election were impressive.

I liked the one where Trump was just a DNC plant to throw the contest for Hillary.

I remember lots of people here promoting some very standard republicans as liberty candidates in the past. Like Romney, and many house and Senate candidates who were just plain old republicans.

If Ron Paul had won president, who would he put in his cabinet? Do you think he would fill it with philosophers. You can't have a realistic administration without insiders. And I never expected Trump to fill his cabinet with a bunch of anti-establishment figures. He chose Mike Pence as VP, to start.

I do expect Trump to be boss, and for the first time in decades, a boss that will do more good than harm.

euphemia
11-14-2016, 02:49 PM
While it's an honor to be considered for a Cabinet position, I would prefer not to lose Rand in the Senate. He has a very aggressive agenda in mind, and he needs to move forward with that.

11-14-2016, 05:59 PM
Anyone can edit wikipedia. Who knows who may have posted that?

eleganz
11-14-2016, 06:06 PM
Lol Ayotte is done, whoever is speculating her is just insane.

CaptUSA
11-14-2016, 06:11 PM
I liked the one where Trump was just a DNC plant to throw the contest for Hillary.

I remember lots of people here promoting some very standard republicans as liberty candidates in the past. Like Romney, and many house and Senate candidates who were just plain old republicans.

If Ron Paul had won president, who would he put in his cabinet? Do you think he would fill it with philosophers. You can't have a realistic administration without insiders. And I never expected Trump to fill his cabinet with a bunch of anti-establishment figures. He chose Mike Pence as VP, to start.

I do expect Trump to be boss, and for the first time in decades, a boss that will do more good than harm.

Good good. Always best to stretch before performing gymnastics. Wouldn't want to hurt yourself.

oyarde
11-14-2016, 07:02 PM
I think Rand in the Senate is the most important place for him at the moment. Cant write liberty bills from the administration.

Yep , under no circumstance would anyone in right mind want him anywhere but the senate right now .

The Northbreather
11-14-2016, 10:23 PM
The conviction of his aides will save us.

(I hope)
Spewliani might be even worse.

TheCount
11-15-2016, 12:47 AM
Spewliani might be even worse.In choosing between two equal evils, do you choose the competent evil or incompetent evil?

Ender
11-15-2016, 01:43 AM

AMEN.

Feeding the Abscess
11-15-2016, 03:46 AM
In choosing between two equal evils, do you choose the competent evil or incompetent evil?

Depends. I could buy the argument that an incompetent one wouldn't be able to be as effective as the competent evil.