PDA

View Full Version : Test, Poll

hrdman2luv
12-09-2007, 01:14 PM
This website has a test that ask you 11 questions, and then gives you a result of who your candidate should be.

NOte: I selected the one about ending "Birthright Citizenship", and it said that Ron Paul and I dissagree. I can't find a link to have them correct this. Cause I know for a fact that Ron Paul is against it.

Heres the Test: http://www.wqad.com/Global/link.asp?

Dutch
12-09-2007, 01:17 PM
http://www.wqad.com/Global/link.asp?L=259460

Dutch

ronpaulfollower999
12-09-2007, 01:22 PM
Mike Huckabee came in 2nd to last for me.

therealjjj77
12-09-2007, 01:29 PM
"I favor stiff fines for employers who hire illegal immigrants, a security fence along the border, and a denial of citizenship to children born here of parents who are in the U.S. illegally. I oppose any form of amnesty."

This part highlighted would be illegal. First, the employers have to "knowingly hire illegal immigrants". Second, those laws only apply to branches of the federal government.

Title 8 USC 1324a(a)(1) - It is unlawful for a person or other entity...

8 USC 1324a(a)(7) - For purposes of this section, the term ''entity'' includes an entity in any branch of the Federal Government.

"Other" gives the inference that "person" is an person within a entity, aka officer of a "branch of the Federal Government."

Check it out at:
http://www.originalintent.org/edu/i-9.php

It is no more a private employers responsibility to know who are illegal aliens and who aren't no more than it is not the responsibility of anyone in the private sector to clean the public office buildings.

hrdman2luv
12-09-2007, 02:21 PM
If it's unlawful to hire an illegal, then it is unlawful to hire an illegal. Period. With the all the Identity fraud, as in Social Security cards, the employer should do a little closer checking to see if the person he/she is hirering, is truely that of which he/she says. But, alot of employers don't want to check. Especially those employers who use 1099's for their employers.

"I favor stiff fines for employers who hire illegal immigrants, a security fence along the border, and a denial of citizenship to children born here of parents who are in the U.S. illegally. I oppose any form of amnesty."

This part highlighted would be illegal. First, the employers have to "knowingly hire illegal immigrants". Second, those laws only apply to branches of the federal government.

Title 8 USC 1324a(a)(1) - It is unlawful for a person or other entity...

8 USC 1324a(a)(7) - For purposes of this section, the term ''entity'' includes an entity in any branch of the Federal Government.

"Other" gives the inference that "person" is an person within a entity, aka officer of a "branch of the Federal Government."

Check it out at:
http://www.originalintent.org/edu/i-9.php

It is no more a private employers responsibility to know who are illegal aliens and who aren't no more than it is not the responsibility of anyone in the private sector to clean the public office buildings.

JosephTheLibertarian
12-09-2007, 03:02 PM
Ron Paul came #1 to me

What is your opinion on the war in Iraq? Leave.

Immigration: What is your position on immigration in the United States? Leave it to states

Taxes: Do you believe the 2001 and 2003 tax cuts should be made permanent? yes

Stem-Cell Research: Should federal funding of embryonic stem cell research be expanded? no

Health Care: Do you favor or oppose the concept of universal health care in America? oppose

Do you favor or oppose legalized abortion in the United States? I do favor though I believe it should be left to states. I have no opinion on Roe vs Wade, I am yet to formulate an opinion on it.

Do you favor the concept of privatization of Social Security to any degree? eliminate it at the federal level

Line-Item Veto: Do you favor or oppose giving the president a "line-item" veto; that is, the ability to remove parts of a spending bill without needing to veto the entire bill? oppose

Energy: Do you support federal assistance for the production of ethanol and/or biofuel as an alternative to oil? no

Marriage: Do you favor or oppose a constitutional amendment defining marriage as between one man and one woman? no

Death Penalty: Do you favor or oppose the use of the death penalty for certain crimes? oppose